Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you all know that I have collected and I am in love all over again, can't post a lengthy post though because I need to burn through a couple of tanks of diesel on the b roads

·
Registered
43 Posts
great to hear, have fun enjoying and will look forward to hearing how you are getting on with it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to a world of s-miles !!!! :) Car gets better when done around 2000 miles .... Dynamic S pedal to metal mode is fantastic :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pleased that you are enjoying your F Pace.
I have never understood why you would take delivery of a car on December 21st and having a 2016 registration when by waiting a few days a 2017 registered car would be worth a lot more at trade in time.Did you get a special incentive of some sort to make you take a new car so late in the month and I am assuming of course you have a brand new car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it's all about the BFG registration system and the German insurance etc, plus I'm ridiculously impatient when it comes to my new toys

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have always understood that as far as pricing is concerned a car registered on or after January 1st is that years model for calculation.
December registration will count as the previous year so you loose out when trade in time arrives on what you get.
In reality the "new" system commenced in 2001 where the letter changes now on March1st and September 1st in a given year makes little difference on valuation as the guides the motor trade works from only recognises the year registered.
Confusing? Yes I know!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey congratulations many of us who have not got our F-Paces yet are deeply envious :) . I was driving down the M6 the other day and suddenly one appeared followed a few minutes late by another - WOW they really stick out. These are not just cars - they are pieces of sculpture that deserve praise as art pieces. Only a few cars can claim such a accolade and you lucky person have one of them! ENJOY.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.