Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think you can set one via usb cable for music and one for calls via bluetooth.

but you cant connect two phones at once via bluetooth

·
Registered
887 Posts
big jon said:
....... but you cant connect two phones at once via bluetooth
I have never understood this limitation in cars. My first Bluetooth loud speaker device for a car was a clip in system and it could have up to 4 phones attached concurrently and it worked on a first come first served basis for connecting calls, incoming or outgoing.

I was really disappointed when I next changed my car and found out that only one phone per function (streaming music and or making calls) could be attached at a time.

With my XF I could connect my work phone for calls and my personal phone for music, both at the same time, haven't tried it with the FP.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jim said:
big jon said:
I have never understood this limitation in cars.
It's probably more to do with a telecommunication connection issue than an MP3 connection.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jim said:
big jon said:
I have never understood this limitation in cars. My first Bluetooth loud speaker device for a car was a clip in system and it could have up to 4 phones attached concurrently and it worked on a first come first served basis for connecting calls, incoming or outgoing.
In my previous 2012 BMW X3 i could connect both phones at the same time. For outbound calls the primary phone was used but inbound calls were transferred to the car from both phones.

Never tried it for audio.

If i compare the 2016 Jaguar ICTP with the 2012 BMW iDrive it is a downgrade.

No dual phones
No Siri
No text messages
No traffic information by TMC
No voice commands for navigation

I can not find a single point where the 2016 ICTP beats the 2012 iDrive except the size off the screen(s).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a Q5 set work phone up for VC and Iphone to stream music worked brilliantly seems with fpace you can pair numerous devices via Bluetooth but then have to switch between phones but im working on it, must be able to do it!! :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
rsportwhite said:
I had a Q5 set work phone up for VC and Iphone to stream music worked brilliantly seems with fpace you can pair numerous devices via Bluetooth but then have to switch between phones but im working on it, must be able to do it!! :D
I tried having two phones active via Bluetooth this evening and couldn't see how it could be done. On my old XF it was possible to select the active phone for calls and separately select a phone for music in the media area. I can't see any way of selecting a phone in the FP media settings, it looks to only be possible in the phone settings.

redonebe said:
In my previous 2012 BMW X3 i could connect both phones at the same time. For outbound calls the primary phone was used but inbound calls were transferred to the car from both phones.

Never tried it for audio.

If i compare the 2016 Jaguar ICTP with the 2012 BMW iDrive it is a downgrade.

No dual phones
No Siri
No text messages
No traffic information by TMC
No voice commands for navigation

I can not find a single point where the 2016 ICTP beats the 2012 iDrive except the size off the screen(s).
Why would you want TMC traffic info when you have the live traffic information via a mobile network? It must be about 5 years since I used a SatNav that relied on TMC traffic information as opposed to a mobile network feed and have found them far more accurate and up to the minute, most of the time.

I haven't tried on the FP but the XF loan car I had today had voice controlled SatNav with its basic ICT system. When the voice control button is pushed the system lists the control word options on the screen, one of which was 'Destination'.

The other items in your list I can fully agree with (though as an Android user I personally couldn't care less about Siri) as these functions are available on cars costing a fraction of the FP.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jim said:
Why would you want TMC traffic info when you have the live traffic information via a mobile network? It must be about 5 years since I used a SatNav that relied on TMC traffic information as opposed to a mobile network feed and have found them far more accurate and up to the minute, most of the time.
InConnect Pro is optional in Belgium. But nobody told me TMC was not available. :eek: :( :shock:

Jim said:
I haven't tried on the FP but the XF loan car I had today had voice controlled SatNav with its basic ICT system. When the voice control button is pushed the system lists the control word options on the screen, one of which was 'Destination'.
Not available with ICTP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts