Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a message off to jaguar customer service to ask the same question I have asked on here if I fit jaguar original Fpace blind spot mirrors and jaguar original front camera to my car would I need anything else to get them working and the reply was a little bit of a surprise and perhaps a warning to others, if you fit anything that is not standard on your vehicle you will invalidate your warranty, now I know a few on here are looking to replace items like there wheels but should you get the dreaded rear suspension creak from what I am reading they could say your warranty is void as you have not got standard wheels, I was not looking to fit aftermarket I was looking to fit what you can easily get on the Fpace from the factory so not an aftermarket kit.

So perhaps you may need to think twice before changing anything including your wheels at this time in case you get issues.

Am I missing something here or miss understanding the email?

Email reply below,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your message.

With regards to your query, Jaguar would not recommend that you alter your vehicle from the original manufacturers specification. Should you wish to proceed with any alterations, should any concern arise as a direct result, this could potentially void your warranty.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Amellia

·
Registered
688 Posts
If the items were fitted by a jag dealer I can't how that could invalidate your warranty. I was in two minds over the deployable side steps and my dealer recommended that if I want them I should get them installed prior to the car being collected so that they would also be covered by the 3 year warranty. If I fitted them after they would only be covered for 1 year.

I can only see fitting aftermarket wheels being an issue if they were deemed at fault of an issue you might want resolving but wise to get confirmation!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jinjin said:
If the items were fitted by a jag dealer I can't how that could invalidate your warranty. I was in two minds over the deployable side steps and my dealer recommended that if I want them I should get them installed prior to the car being collected so that they would also be covered by the 3 year warranty. If I fitted them after they would only be covered for 1 year.

I can only see fitting aftermarket wheels being an issue if they were deemed at fault of an issue you might want resolving but wise to get confirmation!
So if you fitted the sidesteps you still had warranty even though you fitted them and they are not standard on your car, would not be any different to me fitting the mirrors or camera, they are standard on other cars.

I can totally understand if you fitted a third party item but do not understand why it would cause warranty issues if you fit a Jaguar item.

Got my head scratching a little I must say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts