Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having all jumped in head first for the fpace, we left ourselves open for poor part ex deals. I would like to think Jaguar wouldn't take advantage, but has anybody out there sorted a part ex deal, and we're they satisfied?? (or not!!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
They have you by the short and curlies for sure!

I sold my Jag XF and also my old Lexus SC430 private on Ebay.

The XF raised £22k for a low mileage late 2011 car. The dealer offered me £17k.

Funny thing is it was bought by the Harwoods Jag dealer group who got on a train and came 200 miles to collect it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Prior to ordering my FPace 2 weeks ago, I tried to get the dealer to give me a valuation of my current car, a 2013 Evoque Pure Tech with extras. Clearly they were not really interested in discussing part exchange valuations with new car deliveries likely end of year if ordered then but after some exerted pressure on my part, they did.

The quoted price was a real shock being £2000 less than I had expected based on previous research. They confirmed the figure is of course at March 2016 and clearly would reduce between now and the time we could actually finalise the part-ex. As an estimate, they said to allow a monthly reduction in valuation circa £300.

Of course I ordered the R-Sport anyway and figure selling the Evoque privately at the appropriate time.

Interestingly the dealer in question is a combined Jaguar and Land Rover dealer and when I asked, they confirmed that were I to want a Discovery Sport instead, I could expect between £1,000 and £1500 more for the Evoque.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sold my XF Sportbrake to my dealer in November to avoid a big drop in value at New Year - I didn't get what I'd hoped but they didn't mark it up a huge amount, considering they had to put a warranty on it and make a profit. I doubt I'd have done better selling privately, and I certainly wouldn't have got as much from 'we buy any car'!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts