Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the charging fault and the bleeding TV screen on way home tonight, turning car around and parking sensor said all good to go giving a calm spaced beep with amber warning to central area. Not trusting the car but trusting my own instincts more, I stopped and got out to check. See photo, couple of inches off the fence!! Got back in car, reselected drive and parking sensors changed to solid audio tone red blocks and line line around perimeter of car!!! Bit bloody late! What's the point if I have to get out the sodding car to check!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
After the charging fault and the bleeding TV screen on way home tonight, turning car around and parking sensor said all good to go giving a calm spaced beep with amber warning to central area. Not trusting the car but trusting my own instincts more, I stopped and got out to check. See photo, couple of inches off the fence!! Got back in car, reselected drive and parking sensors changed to solid audio tone red blocks and line line around perimeter of car!!! Bit bloody late! What's the point if I have to get out the sodding car to check!!!
Its those extra badges theyve mucked up the cars use of the Force and allowed the dark side to take over :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Echoing Arianne's comment on another thread, unless dealer/JLR give you a definite repair plan with a timeline and assurances that it can all be resolved, I would reject the car.

I've been there before, put up with too much, held on to the car because I loved it and just wanted it to work as it should've done and paid the price in stress and disruption.

Who is to say, you haven't got a car that has a build flaw, a 'Friday afternoon car' (which does still happen - from an inside source)... In my case, they never understood why, or were prepared to take the car back to the factory to strip it down.

If you genuinely feel they are fobbing you off and haven't got a clue why yours is playing up as it appears to ( or worse, they know there is a problem and will not say as they have no idea themselves when they will have a solution) I believe you either reject it and get a replacement order to your own spec, or sadly move on until there is confidence that initial customers are no longer being used as lab rats...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shaunyt said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
After the charging fault and the bleeding TV screen on way home tonight, turning car around and parking sensor said all good to go giving a calm spaced beep with amber warning to central area. Not trusting the car but trusting my own instincts more, I stopped and got out to check. See photo, couple of inches off the fence!! Got back in car, reselected drive and parking sensors changed to solid audio tone red blocks and line line around perimeter of car!!! Bit bloody late! What's the point if I have to get out the sodding car to check!!!
Its those extra badges theyve mucked up the cars use of the Force and allowed the dark side to take over :lol:
:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
corriescar66 said:
Echoing Arianne's comment on another thread, unless dealer/JLR give you a definite repair plan with a timeline and assurances that it can all be resolved, I would reject the car.

I've been there before, put up with too much, held on to the car because I loved it and just wanted it to work as it should've done and paid the price in stress and disruption.

Who is to say, you haven't got a car that has a build flaw, a 'Friday afternoon car' (which does still happen - from an inside source)... In my case, they never understood why, or were prepared to take the car back to the factory to strip it down.

If you genuinely feel they are fobbing you off and haven't got a clue why yours is playing up as it appears to ( or worse, they know there is a problem and will not say as they have no idea themselves when they will have a solution) I believe you either reject it and get a replacement order to your own spec, or sadly move on until there is confidence that initial customers are no longer being used as lab rats...
Lab rats is pretty much my email to JLR and the dealer. It's booked in to dealer on 30th, I said if I had a couple of issues I may preservers but I must have 10 issues going on at least. Every day one or more misbehaves and that's on a 25 commute!!! So this morning I formally recorded if the car does not get fixed after returning to the dealer then car is rejected and replacement is to be provided.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top