Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What level have you gone for, and why?

Me - I've gone for just the rear camera. Having owned an Evoque, the full set of cameras is just a little used gimmick. The 360 parking aid seems pricey for just a few more sensors down the side of the car?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I need the rear view camera to get my current car through the gates now as I have to reverse in and there is not a lot of space between the gate posts and I only have about 9" clear back and front once parked so the cameras are an absolute must as far as I am concerned

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yeah same here, only speced rear camera on F pace as I did on our evoques. Still a little miffed that given the shallow window lines and minimum rear glass areas are so common in design on everything now, that it's not fitted as standard. It's wrong really, they know that you will spec it because no one will want to buy a car this big without it. It would be better to make it part of the n/cap star rating for safety awareness reversing and people don't mix, I know there are sensors be we all prefer to trust our eyes in this it situation don't we! Just another thought Jag!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've stayed with the rear camera, standard on S models. Thought about advanced parking aids but got them on my current car and have only used it 3 times in 2 yrs, mostly for novelty value!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the one area that I am being pretty fickle and can't decide which option. Living in London and having curbed more wheels than I care to remember I was going to spec the surround camera system, has anyone seen that in action?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well if you have curbed your alloys you could get alloy wheel insurance its a lot cheaper, but dont go through Jaguar for it shop around on the internet you can get 3 year cover from a company called Car2cover for approx £150

·
Registered
410 Posts
Shaunyt, that's my plan as well :) even cheaper than the £350 Full Size spare and you don't get a hump and loose 45 litres of boot space !!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"You can't buy this cover if…

Your alloys are diamond cut, chrome effect or split rim alloys as these are excluded from cover,"

Do any of the wheels on offer come under this clause?

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are other insurance company's that cover diamond cut, must be as jaguar will offer you the insurance when you purchase the car as a very expensive option.....

im having the black 20" Venoms and i rang up, they said they would be covered.... have to say its a £10 excess but cheaper than paying £60-£120 quid for a repair

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jags cat said:
Yeah same here, only speced rear camera on F pace as I did on our evoques. Still a little miffed that given the shallow window lines and minimum rear glass areas are so common in design on everything now, that it's not fitted as standard. It's wrong really, they know that you will spec it because no one will want to buy a car this big without it. It would be better to make it part of the n/cap star rating for safety awareness reversing and people don't mix, I know there are sensors be we all prefer to trust our eyes in this it situation don't we! Just another thought Jag!!!
Spare a thought for us Euros who by the jag......the euro spec does not even come with front sensors as standard, you need to buy the full park aid package to get front sensors........that is what I call coming it by jag and a very cheap attitude.
I have the sport and only comes with back sensors, nothing on the front and with that huge bonnet is a recipe for disaster for sure.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have the 360 deg sensors (didn't bother with the cameras) and I use them every time I am parking, manoeuvring into a small spaces or between posts, etc.

To be honest I doubt if I would get the car into some spaces without the certainty that the front and side extremities were safe from hitting obstacles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts