Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the FP is considerably larger than what I am used to, in addition to the standard (for the 'S' model) reversing camera and parking sensors, I specced the 360 degree cameras.
Having now done 1500 miles, I now realise this was a waste of money. Unless you are trying to squeeze the vehicle through a very tight gap, then the reversing camera and parking sensors are perfectly adequate and work very well.
Incidentally, one feature that i was not expecting was what looks like (when reversing) 360 degree parking aid (the outline of the vehicle, with yellow, amber and red proximity lines around the car, when manoeuvring into parking spaces). Is this standard with the reversing camera (it appears to the left of the reversing camera view)? If it is, then the surround cameras were definitely a waste - as it works really well. I am also glad I didn't pay the extra £800 for it!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I find that by the time I've switched to the right camera screen to activate the 360, I shouldn't have bothered.

I wish you could customise the home screen to a direct shortcut to the 360 camera rather than just the main camera screen!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it's just a bit too fiddly. Also the picture is really a bit small to be of much use

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.