Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issues with paint flaws known on the F Pace.
Mine has a small nail varnish like deposit on the drivers door which I missed at handover, too busy looking at shut lines & ICTP, which are ok at the moment, touch wood.
Waiting to hear from dealer as to course of action to put it right.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not with my paint (just back from detailers and he said it was all good) but I do have scratches on the gloss black plastic side 'bits' on the tailgate - the bit on each side under the top spoiler which houses the brake light. I thought it might have been me catching it but the marks are the same on each side - slightly arced scratches about 1" long and about three or four feint lines on each side.... looks like the boot was opened while something was touching the plastic.... added to the snagging list already.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Your detailer should have sorted that for you. Mine had quite bad scratches on the "black Pack" and my detailer buffed them out, it was my preference to have an expert carry out this work!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Russell said:
Your detailer should have sorted that for you. Mine had quite bad scratches on the "black Pack" and my detailer buffed them out, it was my preference to have an expert carry out this work!
He got most of them out, one side is almost as new, the other you can still see, and it goes over a swage line in the plastic so hard to buff out without potentially losing some of the sharpness of the line. And of course the key thing is - he shouldn't have to!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Jonty

Bet the DSB looks fab now Bradley at Concourse Detailing got his hands on it.

What did you think of how work overall?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Picked it up yesterday and in the sunshine it was gorgeous - few pics here, trying to photograph how the metallic really stands out and the colour is 100% different than DSB on the XJ or XF. However I bet this stupid forum uploader sticks them upside down or something (I tried from laptop and phone yesterday and got all sorts of random rotations so gave up!)

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks amazing!

PM me if you ever want to meet up for a pint somewhere between Maidenhead and Reading and we can swap buying/ownership stories face to face

BTW whats your opinion on Bradley and his work??

·
Registered
363 Posts
Let's get Patch2 installed and then we can grab a pint and hopefully celebrate the fix or moan about ongoing issues!

He did the work pretty quickly, I dropped the car off late on Thursday and it was done lunchtime Saturday. The car looks stunning, just waiting for his email about aftercare bits and pieces and compared to another quote I had (Brad said £750, the other guys said £1100 for the same stuff) he wasn't trying to constantly upsell everything. For example the car was clean inside (only 2 weeks old) and Brad gave it a once over before doing the treatments. The other guys wanted £40 to clean the interior! Brad said don't get the dealer to clean it and I'll sort out any paint defects if there are any, the other dealer wanted £100 to inspect it (!!!) and then £50 an hour to fix anything - all on top of the £1100.... so it looks great, was done quickly, my wallet didn't take as much of a kicking as I expected and my god it looks shiny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts