Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently undergoing a paint protection pamper session - looking good so far with a very shiny roof

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
You'll get a bag with lots of the protection kit stuff - I'll need to read up as I don't normally clean my cars, usually using the car wash (which I won;t be doing with this car :))

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hummm could do with some of that!!! Had to take some evasive action today to save Jags cat from losing the side of the car, due to some #####%+* hole on the wrong side of the road :twisted: :twisted:
Following picture is the result of the choice between metal to metal or metal to hedge.... Choose hedge :shock: :eek: :eek: this the result zoom in and you can see on rear door but it's down the length of both doors and rear panel.
Hope most will polish out this weekend when I have time, but 2 seem to go down to paint :cry: :cry: if I see that #wat again I am going to effiserate him.... Slowly!!!
Let's hope it's not a trip to paint shop!!
Anyone got a hides on best polish to use... Thinking of auto gleam as have got a kit I have never used in the garage?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Jags cat said:
Hummm could do with some of that!!! Had to take some evasive action today to save Jags cat from losing the side of the car, due to some #####%+* hole on the wrong side of the road :twisted: :twisted:
Following picture is the result of the choice between metal to metal or metal to hedge.... Choose hedge :shock: :eek: :eek: this the result zoom in and you can see on rear door but it's down the length of both doors and rear panel.
Hope most will polish out this weekend when I have time, but 2 seem to go down to paint :cry: :cry: if I see that #wat again I am going to effiserate him.... Slowly!!!
Let's hope it's not a trip to paint shop!!
Anyone got a hides on best polish to use... Thinking of auto gleam as have got a kit I have never used in the garage?
I use this whenever I need to get fine scratches ect out of the paint, without doubt this is really good and is stocked at Halfords.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/ultra-cut-compound

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a lot of scratches you might need a machine polish on it - there are some assholes on the road!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Shaun431 said:
My car is currently undergoing a paint protection pamper session - looking good so far with a very shiny roof
Wowsa!, that looks really fantastic Shaun . . like a mirror finish! If your car becomes any more reflective it'll possibly disappear altogether, like that James Bond stealth cloaking thing . . all we'll be able to see is a strange reflected distortion of a vague outline as you purr (/roar!) past :lol: . . . good stuff!

Jags cat said:
. . . choice between metal to metal or metal to hedge.... Choose hedge :shock:
My sympathies JC, I know exactly how frustrating that must be 'cos the hedgerows around where I am are all overgrown as well, making the roads even more narrow than they are already . . it's so easily done, but you made the right choice going with the brambles, better that, than a metal on metal rash! I am being hyper-cautious when I see anyone coming the other way, they all seem to take great delight in driving like idiots, better to give way and let them pass than scratch the kitty! :oops:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Looking great Shaun :)

Mr Jags. Sorry to see the result of car vs hedge but the Meguiars recommended by jagfpacejk is the cat's pyjamas. Might need to invest in a circular buffer. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
if you need a buffer then the Meguiars is also the one to get, a little pricey but you pay for what you get when you come to these sort of tools.

Here's a link to there website with how to guides and a shop ect.

Been using there products for a number of years on my car and my families cars and have nothing but great results.

When I traded in my 5 year old Range Rover Evoque the dealer said it looked like it just come off the production line.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thank you all :D... Looks like a weekend of wax on wax off for Jags cat!! Still better than driving around using my fuel and enjoying myself in one of the best looking cars out there. :? Will take some pics if it goes well. :| Know I am very lucky to have this and some of the other more important things in my life... So just suck it up. :roll:
Apologies Shuan 431 for highjacking your proud post :oops:

Reguards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Shuan 431,
The roof looks very shiny, just wondering what kind of protection is being applied? Ceramic?

I should be getting my car soon and would like some kind of paint protection

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's called a polysilazane coating system and supposed to last 5 years with a glass like finish

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's called a polysilazane coating system and supposed to last 5 years with a glass like finish-it's being applied at a local detailers called Robornes in Hull - cost £400 but I think that is a discounted price as I know the owner

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Shaun431 said:
it's called a polysilazane coating system and supposed to last 5 years with a glass like finish-it's being applied at a local detailers called Robornes in Hull - cost £400 but I think that is a discounted price as I know the owner
Yes there are a couple of products I've seen that's exactly that
https://www.gen-3glasscoat.com

Up to 5 years protection - easy wash with just water - let's see. I've been quoted £599 and happily pay if it's any good for just a few years. Takes hours and hours to properly wash and polish so well worth it and I'll give it a go this time and make my mind up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts