Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wavering on the choice of engine for a new build F-PACE. On the face of it, for the mix of motoring in my typical year, a Diesel is a winner for mpg and a PHEV difficult to justify. Can anyone give me some real mpg experience of the P400E on a long journey, e.g. 400 miles, mainly Motorway. Another useful example would be a middle distance run of e.g. 90 mile round trip, 45 each way with no opportunity to recharge in the middle. The wltp figures are no help!

thanks
Peter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whilst my P400e has not arrived yet, others have stated that they get anywhere between 26-28miles on a full charge so not sure if that would suit your long journeys as the EV capacity is likely to be used up very quickly at those speeds I'd imagine. Based on that, I doubt the real world MPG would be great as a result.

·
Registered
651 Posts
MPG will depend how you drive, commuting short distances will obviously be good long distances better than a pure petrol.
My OH has a Toyota hybrid (not plug in) long term MPG is 49 mainly short journeys, a diesel same size would be similar, on a long run you will gain maybe 2 or 3 kw from regen braking charging the battery and some electric only at either end of the run.
My 3.0d averaged 36mpg long term I would expect the PHEV to equal that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both for your input. It's the mpg for the Petrol internal combustion engine that I'm interested to understand how that performs on a long journey. No doubt the EV only plays a small part and it depends on driving style but that's one reason for asking for the cruise on motorway style journey at something like the legal limit ;). I would hope the limited recharging of the battery system would add something to the mpg over a standard equivalent petrol ICE. I expect the middle distance journey would be more variable due to driving style and traffic but real world experience would be gratefully received. Thanks for the confirmation of the 3.0d mpg that's also useful experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get no more than 35 to 40 mpg on a 350 mile motorway run in my400e…..but I bought because most of my journeys are less than 50 miles and the PHEV counts for around 40% of my miles….

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Peter, After reviewing the journeys on the app the closest journeys to the distances you're interested in, I have one 81 mile journey at 62.2mpg and a 173 journey at 44.6 mpg mostly motorway. All with a full charge to start with.Hope this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s really helpful thanks for taking the time. That’s confirmed what I hoped, along with the insight from DtheB.

Thanks all. Mind made up 👍🏻 I just need to wait 9 months to enjoy the ride !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts