Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After a few delays and various build dates, I am hoping to become the owner of a P400e in the next few weeks.

My question to those who already have the P400e variant of the F-Pace is how do you find the combustible engine power on a longer run when either the battery has run out, or you are in save mode?

I know that ICE provides about 300bhp but what are your experiences and what do you think about the performance, is it enough on its own?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm running a 300 Sport , so effectively your ICE motor , it's no SVR but it's no slouch either . Not sure how much weight the 400Es eletrickery adds but I'm sure it will husstle quite well... Will watch this with interest though as the P400E will be my next one when they start appearing used in 18 months or so

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing, the weight is peaking my curiosity, hence the question. Thanks for your insight from the 300 point of view though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for info. I’m waiting on P400e as well.

For MY21, the P400e seems to add about 160kg compared to the P400, so about 8%.
And it adds about 110kg compared to the D300. There is no P300 equivalent for 300 Sport.

A related question: I’m interested to know what the P400e runs like in full EV mode, eg when attempting 100% electric commute (rather than sporty country drive for fun). Presumably the electric motor at 140PS / 138hp is fairly feeble for the vehicle weight?

Also, with the P400e in eco mode and appropriate conditions, would the battery tend to become fully charged by regenerative braking during a journey, with the battery energy indirectly coming from earlier expended petrol energy and recovered from regenerative braking (similar to a MHEV)?

Or would battery level typically drop during a long journey, so that ICE engine usage and fuel use can be minimised?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 300 sport or to be honest a P300 with a trim and wheel pack hits 60 in 5.8 and weighs according to the web 1760 kgs. So worst case your in the 6's for a 0 to 60 in ICE mode and there's probably less difference in gear once you've got the mass rolling. Not bad for a big bus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My P400e has plenty of ’go’….and overtaking is a breeze so don’t worry about the extra weight
The regen braking is unlikely to add many miles as I don’t think it’s set up for ‘heavy’ regen feedback….with only a 30 mile range, running on EV only is possible if you keep to short journeys….but IMHO that really distracts from buying such a powerful car…..
But I have thoroughly enjoyed my PHEV driving…..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks. Good to know.

Yeah point taken. Definitely not worth keeping in EV mode and having 300HP unused.

My thinking was to use mostly EV mode for commute around London where return journey is only about 20 miles (and where often in slow traffic anyway) but then use the full power (ICE+EV) on the weekend somewhere far away!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same, my daily round trip London commute is 24miles in slow moving frustrating traffic, but would likely want to ‘express’ myself come the weekend leisure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
One large caveat....which some seem to be fighting already...is the delivery dates...I woz SO lucky to getine pretty much on time, but as with all cars, the lack of computer chips means lengthy delays.
I even understand the MY22 P400e has lower spec than my MY21 to cut down on the chips !!
Good luck to all.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have had my car a month now and whilst I have not yet floored it as I am still running in, it is very evident that the ICE alone is a powerful entity. I have been on the motorway a couple of times and it gives additional power and speed so easily, really happy!

Getting about 28.5mpg in ICE around town once electric has run out, about the same I used to get in the BMW 520i that this replaced. In hybrid, I ranged between 70 - 90mpg which isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
F-Pace R-Dynamic BLACK P400e MY22 (on order)
5 Posts
Pleased to hear that you are happy with your P400e Treezy. Hopefully will get mine on 1 March. On my test drive, the level of acceleration was a big surprise for a 2+ tonne car! I also remember the petrol engine being very quiet / refined, seemed very different in character to the more raucous unit installed in the F-Type P300 which I’ve driven in the past. Like others on this forum, most of my regular trips will fit within the electric range so hoping for long spells away from the petrol pumps. Just a shame that kWh prices are sharply on the rise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts