Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi......

Whilst I consider myself as essentially having no issues with my car (only had CD playing wobble on me twice in past 5 months), I've just logged into Topix and can see 4 outstanding campaigns against my vehicle.

Question: Does this mean that I need to book car in and get them applied? One is the dreaded 2.5 Upgrade !

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
AndyS said:
Hi......

Whilst I consider myself as essentially having no issues with my car (only had CD playing wobble on me twice in past 5 months), I've just logged into Topix and can see 4 outstanding campaigns against my vehicle.

Question: Does this mean that I need to book car in and get them applied? One is the dreaded 2.5 Upgrade !
Yes you should for the front suspension check ect but you could ask them not to do the update, just got mine back after the update and the only issue i have is i can no longer log into the sat nav.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Any uodate/feedback from those that have had 2.5? My car was in a few weeks back and I declined the 2.5 update till JLR/Dealer got feedback it works (fixed majority of issue & didn't embed issues).

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
FP761 said:
Any uodate/feedback from those that have had 2.5? My car was in a few weeks back and I declined the 2.5 update till JLR/Dealer got feedback it works (fixed majority of issue & didn't embed issues).
Take a look here,

ICTP Patch '3'

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
General consensus is 2.5 is improvement and fixed a lot of problems. If you don't have any issues at all not much point upgrading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Useful post... I didn't realise this site existed :)

However after registering, putting in my vehicle details, etc it tells me there are 2 outstanding campaigns, ICTP 2.5 and coolant level. However I can't see what these fixes are or what the problem is unless I pay JLR for the info!

Be useful to know if the 2.5 fixes the issues I have, and indeed if the coolant level problem is a concern, before I make the 50 mile round trip (twice) and put the car into the garage for no doubt at least 2 days.

It may just be me and the way I'm using TOPIx, anyone know if there are bulletins for owners detailing the latest problems?

·
Registered
688 Posts
there is a Jaguar (no dealer) lead enhancement programme which will be kicking off and Jag will be getting in touch with people directly for these updates... enhancement programme.. recall.. you tell me the difference! a lot of people have been on the front foot and getting their cars in with the dealer to sort out. I've had mine done today.

there are posts on here which show the 2.5 attachments you cant see without paying for but as a summary.. 2.5 covers

· Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss.
· Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens and poor system performance.
· CD ripping/playback issues.
· Camera: Frozen camera image on screen when reverse selected and camera stability issues.
· Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability.
· Phone and Bluetooth - connection and contacts download issues.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Big one for me that isn't listed on the 2.5 fix list is that for the iphone users amongst us, Siri is available again.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mike66 said:
Useful post... I didn't realise this site existed :)

However after registering, putting in my vehicle details, etc it tells me there are 2 outstanding campaigns, ICTP 2.5 and coolant level. However I can't see what these fixes are or what the problem is unless I pay JLR for the info!

Be useful to know if the 2.5 fixes the issues I have, and indeed if the coolant level problem is a concern, before I make the 50 mile round trip (twice) and put the car into the garage for no doubt at least 2 days.

It may just be me and the way I'm using TOPIx, anyone know if there are bulletins for owners detailing the latest problems?
The coolant check is to double check the coolant level and the expansion bottle as some have had issues with this.

You do not have to wait for your dealer to contact you, you can contact them and arrange all the updates and recalls to be done, there is also a front suspension check recall as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks all for the updates - I recognise 5 of the 6 updates on the ICTP as a problem and as I've never put a CD in it I've probably got all 6!

barchetta - thanks for the link will download now, and no relation - well not that I know of!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone have the Topix pdf that showed the CD/DVD Header Unit Rear Cable(s) being cut/modified?

Was this required to be done in line with ICTP Update 2.5?

or Technical Bulletin/Service Bulletin numbers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Growler said:
Big one for me that isn't listed on the 2.5 fix list is that for the iphone users amongst us, Siri is available again.
Could you elaborate please?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Russell said:
It is absolutely essential that the cable be replaced, prior to any update. If not it will not fix any possible issues with the CD player.
Thanks again, I will get them to check.

Thank God you have good JLR Insider knowledge.... wink wink

:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.