Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi F Pace owners

I've agreed a price in principle on an R Sport with extras which I will order on Friday.

The dealer is already suggesting a multitude of insurances, shines and add ons they want to sell me as well!

What do I really need (if any) and what is a waste of money? I'm really at full budget.

I've seen the ala gap insurance deal on this site for example that seems cheaper.

Thanks

Jonny

·
Registered
247 Posts
Everything like that the dealer wants to sell you can be bought for less than half they want for it (and probably better). Make sure they throw in the service plan free. No dealers I know of (in the UK) are offering any discounts- so it's the least they can do ( and I've already had one offer me that )

·
Registered
117 Posts
The good news is you don't need to order any of them tomorrow, just order the car. I think it's a case of the sales staff/ dealers make huge commissions on the add ons, so naturally have the need to push it.
You will get many opinions on which if any to get. Personally I shall be getting ala gap insurance via quidco which gives a 10% rebate. I'm having the dealer inside and out treatment at £399, only because I can't be bothered to do it myself. If you have time and inclination it will cost around £20 for a kit to do exterior, leather, wheels etc, but will need a few hours hard work. As for wheel and tyre damage, it's depends what sort of driver you are, and history with this sort of thing. The 5 year service pack seems fairly reasonable, but it depends how long you intend to keep the car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Jonnyzander said:
Hi F Pace owners

I've agreed a price in principle on an R Sport with extras which I will order on Friday.

The dealer is already suggesting a multitude of insurances, shines and add ons they want to sell me as well!

What do I really need (if any) and what is a waste of money? I'm really at full budget.

I've seen the ala gap insurance deal on this site for example that seems cheaper.

Thanks

Jonny
If you insure through NFU they include back to invoice value for two years aka gap insurance thrown and at similar prices to Admiral for my quotes.

I would go for third party paint protection unless you get them down to 200ish, the one thing that does look useful,is pre bought services but does depend on how long you plan to keep the car and what milage you do....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Jonny[/quote]

If you insure through NFU they include back to invoice value for two years aka gap insurance thrown and at similar prices to Admiral for my quotes.

I would go for third party paint protection unless you get them down to 200ish, the one thing that does look useful,is pre bought services but does depend on how long you plan to keep the car and what milage you do....[/quote]

Direct Line also include back to invoice value/gap insurance for the first year in their policies....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts