Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well I'm booked in on the 2nd of January to discuss specs and place my order!. Here's the final spec I'm come up with...

Advice, thoughts, ideas etc requested and welcomed...

2.0D R-Sport in Dark Sapphire Blue (Also specced up 3.0D S same colour):

1. Sliding Panoramic roof
  2. 19" Bionic (although considering 20" Venom)
  3. Privacy glass
  4. LED headlights
  5. ICTP w/ Meridian 380W
  6. Jet leather with Oyster stitch
  7. Driver memory pack for 14-way sport seats
  8. Etched aluminium trim
  9. Adaptive dynamics
  10. Advanced Park assist with surround
  11. Adaptive Cruise Control
  12. Heated front Windscreen and Washer jets
  13. Gesture tailgate
  14. 19" space saver
  15. Cup holders with cover
  16. Smokers Pack
  17. Electrically reclining rear seats
  18. Rear seat remote release levers
  19. Climate Front and Heated rear seats
  20. Lane assist
  21. Blind spot monitor
  22. Keyless entry
  23. Activity Key
  24. Aluminium gear shift paddles

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gdank said:
Apollya said:
(Also specced up 3.0D S same colour):
What was the difference in cost, as you have picked a ton of options standard on 3.0
Currently coming in £7k

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you can afford the £7k then I'd go for the S. Having that extra power there when you want/need it imho is worth it, and I still get 35mpg with average driving (i.e. a mix of booting it once in a while, but mostly easy going).

If you are looking for a place to save some £'s ... the Adaptive Cruise Control is a very nice touch, but imho only useful if you do a ton of motorway driving, and you get to keep the 3D Jag badge on the front grille!

Other than that it's a hell of a spec and you'll sure love all the toys!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gdank mate, useful, I'd seen the black silhouette of the Queue assist but not looked up close as of course all the demonstrators don't have it specced, I'd presumed both still had the 3D growler, which I do agree looks much nicer. All Photos on site or from dealers are directly from front mainly too which is perhaps to hide the 3d parts :lol:

More advice guys and girls, please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apollya said:
Hi All,

Well I'm booked in on the 2nd of January to discuss specs and place my order!. Here's the final spec I'm come up with...

Advice, thoughts, ideas etc requested and welcomed...

2.0D R-Sport in Dark Sapphire Blue (Also specced up 3.0D S same colour):

1. Sliding Panoramic roof
  2. 19" Bionic (although considering 20" Venom)
  3. Privacy glass
  4. LED headlights
  5. ICTP w/ Meridian 380W
  6. Jet leather with Oyster stitch
  7. Driver memory pack for 14-way sport seats
  8. Etched aluminium trim
  9. Adaptive dynamics
  10. Advanced Park assist with surround
  11. Adaptive Cruise Control
  12. Heated front Windscreen and Washer jets
  13. Gesture tailgate
  14. 19" space saver
  15. Cup holders with cover
  16. Smokers Pack
  17. Electrically reclining rear seats
  18. Rear seat remote release levers
  19. Climate Front and Heated rear seats
  20. Lane assist
  21. Blind spot monitor
  22. Keyless entry
  23. Activity Key
  24. Aluminium gear shift paddles
Hi if you find the right main dealer you can get £2950 off the base R sport and £1550 off the base S models just ordered R sport.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crownjewels said:
Hi if you find the right main dealer you can get £2950 off the base R sport and £1550 off the base S models just ordered R sport.
Music to my ears. can you share the dealer info with me (name location and what you needed to do to get that discount). I am in a position to order and can go pretty much anywhere to order if needs be. I'm also going to be playing off best price on cash and then once achieved pushing them for a better price on finance deal (which I'd pay off immediately to effectively make it a cash sale).

Thanks in advance, Ross

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apollya said:
crownjewels said:
Music to my ears. can you share the dealer info with me (name location and what you needed to do to get that discount). I am in a position to order and can go pretty much anywhere to order if needs be. I'm also going to be playing off best price on cash and then once achieved pushing them for a better price on finance deal (which I'd pay off immediately to effectively make it a cash sale).

Thanks in advance, Ross
Hi Ross yea the dealers website is https://jaguar.rockar.com, don't think you will get anywhere pushing them on the finance. sounds like you can afford to buy it outright why not go for a cash sale?? same discount

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crownjewels said:
Hi Ross yea the dealers website is https://jaguar.rockar.com, don't think you will get anywhere pushing them on the finance. sounds like you can afford to buy it outright why not go for a cash sale?? same discount
Thanks mate, after seeing the concept I had to do some digging to ensure it wasn't "too good to be true", seems legit though will be paying anny deposit etc on Visa to be sure though :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Problem with Rockar is where do you go when you have a problem? My advice particularly with the slightly problem prone FP is go to a recommended dealer and form a relationship with them. I am so glad I went for the dealer that gave me confidence. Their handling of my issues has been excellent.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Point, although I'm only 25mins from Solihull :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crownjewels said:
Specced up an R-sport on Rockar and it's only showing me £1225 discount when i select it, despite the main screen saying £2952. Might have to ring them tomorrow and see if there is an issue can you confirm you got the £2952 discount?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apollya said:
crownjewels said:
Specced up an R-sport on Rockar and it's only showing me £1225 discount when i select it, despite the main screen saying £2952. Might have to ring them tomorrow and see if there is an issue can you confirm you got the £2952 discount?
Defo the right price i actually ordered from a different dealer but they had to price match otherwise i was going to cancel and order with them, but to get the the price match they had to call Jag to authorise it. all i needed was a print out of their price with same config. I actually called twice to check to price on the website was correct.

Having just logged back into the original config i did on rockar (on the 23/12/16) the quote does now only show £1225 but on the main page does say £2952

·
Registered
35 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Problem with Rockar is where do you go when you have a problem? My advice particularly with the slightly problem prone FP is go to a recommended dealer and form a relationship with them. I am so glad I went for the dealer that gave me confidence. Their handling of my issues has been excellent.
I get what your saying, other than the sale of the car which is more online based they have a regular service centre like any other dealer, and I'm sure the advice is on par.

·
Registered
35 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Definitely not knocking their business model but I've found with JLR quirks it's good to have a dealer that's got many years experience under the
belt.
Agree they are a new business and have a different business model to a regular dealer in regards to sales, couldn't comment about their technicians or advisors as to how well trained and informed they are on the JLR products. i've personally have learned more from forums like this one as to the potential quirks i could expect with the F-Pace.(none of which was mentioned by sale advisor) if i can save almost £3000 on the same car at main dealer B i'll be buying it from B instead of A, where i get it serviced is not tied to any one dealer, if I'm not happy with the service from a dealer then i chose a different dealer.

I have ordered mine from a normal sales main dealer (with the reduced price) and the sales advisor was great with great recommendations and advice to which i feel i made the right choices to config the car.if you know what you want and what to expect when your buying then i think they are fine, for me its my first Jag so Main dealer is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ Sounds like a win win then. Well done on getting an actual cash discount from a main dealer sounds like you are the first. I'm not surprised they are now starting to discount it was the same with the Evoque.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Note for anyone else doing the same as me. Rockar Price has some issues on their website, they are aware of them so will be fixing soon.

RRP of £41,210 for 2.0D AWD Auto R-Sport, their discount shows on main page as £2,952 of RRP, but they then state Rockar price of £39,333 on same page.

When you select the vehicle, the discount actually applied is only £1,225 giving cost of £39,985. To check numbers if you subtract £2,952 from the RRP of £41,210 you get: £38,258.

Rockar is telling me they'd honour the £39,333 on their site as the actual price, but not the £38,258. I think I can force them to honour the discount stated as I downloaded a copy of their webpage (date and time stamped) showing that discount price. If not it's a trading standards issue in my view.

All i need to do is e-mail them. I have e-mail address of the guy I spoke to and he will adjust the quotation for me to show the price of £39,333, but I'd throw a spanner in the work when e-mail him and request they honour the actual discount stated off RRP.

Wish me luck :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ Sounds like a win win then. Well done on getting an actual cash discount from a main dealer sounds like you are the first. I'm not surprised they are now starting to discount it was the same with the Evoque.
From what i understand from the main dealer i ordered from, they are not allowed to give any discount, apparently every dealer is audited on every sale by jag and if they a give discount they are fined by jag. when i first phoned to query price the sales manager said straight away he'd refund me and cancel, after a small conversation he reluctantly said he would phone jag HQ to get them to authorise the price match and complain because rockar are allowed to discount due to their business model and being they are both main dealers. I don't think they will start doing dealer discounts until waiting list has shrunk, at present demand for the f pace outweighs the supply, so they know they have no need to discount.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts