Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all

Well, I've done it, got the spec submitted and the order placed today. Thanks to all here for the threads on the forum - some of these have helped influence my choices for the good i hope!

Thoughts -

2.0D AWD MANUAL R-Sport in Polaris White :

19" Fan 5 Spoke Black gloss alloys
Black Pack
Privacy glass
Jet and Red Taurus leather
Jet Morzine headlining
Satin Grey Figured Ebony Veneer (expensive I know - but didn't like the grey gloss standard - I thought these matched the rest of the high quality interior much better)
Standard 8 way manual seats - with 4 way electric lumbar adjust add on
Rear View Camera
Heated front Windscreen and Washer jets
19" space saver spare wheel
Rear seat remote release levers
Front and rear splash guards

Also added the standard mileage service pack and I would like peoples thoughts on whether this was worthwhile and value for money??

Very happy with what I've put together and also manage to get 5% discount of the standard price through their military sales (i'm ex forces - but within the 5 year cut off for discount by Jaguar)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it's a no brainier, The money you would normally spend on just the AdBlue top ups will come to the cost of the service plan nearly. Then you have the services and when it's 3 years contribution to any mot costs.
When do you hope to pick up? Before the Tax changes April?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that - yep - really hoping for before the tax changes - estimated at early to mid March !

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Barthog said:
I think it's a no brainier, The money you would normally spend on just the AdBlue top ups will come to the cost of the service plan nearly. Then you have the services and when it's 3 years contribution to any mot costs.
When do you hope to pick up? Before the Tax changes April?
You do not add Adblue often and on standard millage you would change it i would say only at service intervals and its no where near the service costs, not sure where you got this information on the Diesel version but your a little off on your usage and mileage figures and costs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not having had delivery and not used any AdBlue I repeated what I saw on another Jaguar forum.
Having checked a little more some have said being charged £40 (£30 for the fluid) at a dealer to top up at yearly service as you said so apologies for the miss information, but maybe a couple of hundred saving does go some way to making the service plan sweeter.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Barthog said:
Not having had delivery and not used any AdBlue I repeated what I saw on another Jaguar forum.
Having checked a little more some have said being charged £40 (£30 for the fluid) at a dealer to top up at yearly service as you said so apologies for the miss information, but maybe a couple of hundred saving does go some way to making the service plan sweeter.
No problem, if you take out the service plan with Jaguar the Add Blue is included so you do not have to pay for this either at Service or in between if required, its only if you do lots of miles and maybe caught not near your dealer it could become an issue or of course you do not take out the service plan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Onionrage. You don't mention cup holder covers. If you want to keep a quality interior these (at £55) are a must.
Yes they should be standard. You will find many threads on here expressing our dismay.
Apart from that a great spec. I also went for the 5 year service pack.
When are you expecting delivery?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Cup holder cover? Makes the central cabin area look much better. And maybe configurable mood lighting which, at around £200, isn't crazy money but does add something unique to the cabin of what is a fairly minimalistic design.

Arianne

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi folks, thanks for the replies.

Estimate for delivery is early/mid march.

As for the cup holder - its a manual - so I don't believe we have this option unfortunately!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Onionrage said:
Hi folks, thanks for the replies.

Estimate for delivery is early/mid march.

As for the cup holder - its a manual - so I don't believe we have this option unfortunately!
Okay, that's true. But there is a rather good quality aftermarket option which we have discussed extensively on this forum and acquired some images. Here is the link: http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1360&hilit=Cup+holder+covers

And I forgot to say...... enjoy!

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
887 Posts
Having an Auto I could have had the £55 plastic roller blind cup holder cover but I knowingly didn't order it and instead ordered the after market ones advertised on this forum as I think they look better.

P.S. I had the covers long before the car :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a call from the dealer - apparently my car has just rolled of the assembly line and is a week ahead of schedule!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Onionrage said:
Had a call from the dealer - apparently my car has just rolled of the assembly line and is a week ahead of schedule!!
The excitement really begins now you know its been built - enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Onionrage said:
great news, 2 weeks and you will be in it and showing us pictures :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another step closer - vehicle has arrived at the dealers today. Got the usual checks to complete there and then 2 days with the detailers to get the full Gtechniq treatment applied to the exterior. Then all being well I'll be posting some pictures up next week sometime!!!

One other things - found out the registration plate will start BJ17... Nny idea what this could stand for..... I'm only thinking BJ as in Big Jag and nothing else at all... honest!

·
Registered
577 Posts
The service package will save you about 30% over all. I costed this before purchasing

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, another update and potential issue!!! Just seen a photo of my car at the dealer - and it doesn't appear to have the black pack fitted as per the vehicle specification put in. So I'm going to have be straight on the phone to them tmrw morning now!!!

Anyone have any idea if this can just be swopped out by the dealer??? Not going to be happy if this is going to cause an issue - as it should be booked in to the detailers on monday to allow for a collection on wednesday!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
They are inserts so i'd imagine they can be swapped easy enough. You can buy replacement radiator grilles and side vents already on ebay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats true about the vents and side grilles - - my concern comes on the door cladding and the front bumper inserts on the RSport! Waiting for the call from the dealers now!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts