Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On Thursday I finally counted up the pennies and gleefully went into the dealership in Cardiff and placed my order for the 2.0AWD Auto R-Sport!

Even though I was told that delivery date will most likely be October, I am already overwhelmed with excitement and I can't imagine how excited those who put down their deposits last year and have an upcoming delivery date must feel.

The only stickler is that I opted for the Ebony black instead of the metallic Ultimate Black. I was in the showroom and saw the Ebony on an XE whilst the F-Pace was in Ultimate but I had already made my decision by then. I know I still have time to amend my order but I was just wondering is it worth paying the extra £700 for metallic paint or just opt for the standard i.e. with regards to stone chips, light scratch marks etc showing up more or less on metallic paint rather than the standard paint.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I to have ordered the 'flat' black and have 2 other cars in flat black on my driveway (I always order black). To me black is black and I have never had any problem selling a black car because of someone querying that it is not metallic. I have previously had metallic and pearlescent blacks but don't order these anymore to save a few quid. I always take my cars to a decent hand wash so don't have any issues with swirls. I do tend to keep my cars for 4-5 years so it maybe less of an issue when selling perhaps if i only kept them for 2 or 3 years I may choose metallic. Would be interested to know what you thought seeing as you saw 2 together in the flesh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you getting back to me:

My dealer also said that the Ebony picks up every mark and that if you go through a car wash then the streaks would be very noticeable but this wouldn't be too big of an issue as I go to a trusted hand wash anyhow. When he told me to look closely on the bonnet to see the swirls I honestly couldn't see them however a mark was quite noticeable.

One thing I was concerned about was when I would come to sell it (in about 4-5 year) so it's great to hear that it may not have too big of an impact! When next to each other, both had black venoms so looked particularly mean! The Ultimate on the F-Pace did appear to have more of a presence and under the dealerships lights the pearlescent blacks did stand out quite a fair bit but truth be told there wasn't too much of a difference.

I may just pass on the metallic paint and put my funds towards the 20" venoms instead!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts