Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
catwoman said:
Matteus F-Pace said:
catwoman said:
..but your car won't likely be worth more at resale because of having them.
I would respectfully disagree with this. :?
Wishful thinking! . . are you suggesting you'll get the money you spent on them back?
Nope, but I genuinely believe I'll get more than if I didn't have them, plus I think it will also sell a lot quicker!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see this as an option

"Cabin pre-heat via remote".

Is this actually on the key fob ? This is only available via the smartphone app here in the states. I could see how this would be nice to have when you don't want to use your phone.

Does anyone have this option?
how does it work?
Do you like it ?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
261 Posts
DPinTX said:
I see this as an option

"Cabin pre-heat via remote".

Is this actually on the key fob ? This is only available via the smartphone app here in the states. I could see how this would be nice to have when you don't want to use your phone.

Does anyone have this option?
how does it work?
Do you like it ?

Thanks
DP
DP,

That option actually gives you an additional fob, which activates an auxiliary heater to heat the cabin. I actually only think it is available on diesel models as it uses I small diesel burner to generate the heat I believe. (although I may be wrong)

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the cabin pre-heat option and also the remote control app (though have problems activating).

as I understood that the app (Jaguar Incontrol Remote) and utilize the pre-heater, or then use car engine if pre-heater not available.
It can also cool the car in summer.

on in my car I have capability to control temperature remotely:
1. separate remote fob:

2. Incontrol Remote App:

3. Schedule departure time while in the car (can be multiple/repeated). Only the car needs to be driven between two scheduled times. the car will then turn on heating/cooling before the departure time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I've returned to the forum after a long time away. New Job in March 2018 was keeping me very very busy.

I'll try to take a look here and update the list on front page over time.

Admins, please note you are also free to edit the post and add info i if you wish, this post was meant to serve as a helpful guide taking points from as many members as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reality is that JLR made buying the original F Pace far too complicated. I had a budget if £60,000 and did two test drives at London West End Jag and was none the wiser about multiple engine choices, not to mention three headlight choices , umpteen wheel sizes , wood veneers and god know what else etc etc. The cruise control options In particular defy understanding. The thing is, if buying new, this is a real issue as you pay for every extra and so it's a real risk. In the end after giving up with JLR dealers - who know little, if anything about what they're selling - I bought approved used, three years old and 50 % cheaper than new. JLR must think on this. Very few people want a bespoke vehicle, especially without any guidance over the pros and cons of each option choice. A real own goal for the F Pace with what is an outstanding product.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think that most buyers these days would do some internet research. Just a quick look at the Jaguar web site would have established all the issues you have highlighted above, and may have provided some explanation as to function and operation. This then allows you to question the dealers from a place of some foreknowledge. If you then establish that the dealer is truly a plonker (and I am not disputing that many are!) then allows you to find an alternative dealer or even question JLR Customer Service. I do disagree that most folk purchasing a JLR vehicle do not want a bespoke vehicle, it is why many, many owners pay the additional purchase price over a Ford, Vauxhall or VW, etc. Why else do you think these vehicles are considerably more expensive than the more popular brands? It's generally not for the quality of their dealerships!!!

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would have thought most Jaguar buyers want a bespoke car (80% plus). Even the top HSE has many options, some technical, some cosmetic, beauty and convenience is in the eye of the beholder. Lower spec models definitely need extras, other manufacturers fit everything as standard on particular models with very few if any options. Do buyers really go into a showroom without any knowledge of what they are paying £60k for.

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
22 Posts
Hi, new to the forum and we are thinking about the new f pace 21 facelift. Is there a thread about options for this version at all as this thread I'm guessing is for the original options before facelift.
Hi, I can't offer an options thread but if you're looking at new, do you mean the 22 model year? If so, the best source of options information in on the JLR website configurator .... if you haven't already looked at that ....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Full size spare -avoid like the plague as it means you loose the flat floor and reversible carpet mat in the boot, they are both replaced by a hideous bulbous floor the IMHO wrecks the load space.
How easy is this to replace if a used car already has it? Will anyone want to buy it!?
I've seen a car for sale with it, and we certainly want the extra flat boot space instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just seen an overpriced late 2018 F-Pace for sale with 360 camera's, but no panoramic roof.... aargh! It's so hard to get the spec you want.
I can't believe some of the options people don't take. A heated steering wheel for example should be a 'must-have'.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How easy is this to replace if a used car already has it? Will anyone want to buy it!?
I've seen a car for sale with it, and we certainly want the extra flat boot space instead.
You'll need to buy the flat boot floor, a temporary use spare wheel, and possibly the wheel hold-down clamp for the thinner wheel. I'd presume the polystyrene tool storage is the same, else you'll need them as well. I added a temporary use spare wheel, the polystyrene parts and tool storage to mine as I only had the tyre goo and inflator originally. You could put the full size wheel on Ebay, but it may be sensible to keep it as a spare should you damage one, for what you'll get back selling it. I've seen full size boot floors on Ebay so I guess someone may buy it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just put a deposit down to hold the car.... not sure yet, glad its refundable!
The car is a 2018 reg (2019 model) on a '68'. 3L V6 S Diesel in Santorini Black (better than Narvik)

(y) Pro's:
1) 360 degree camera's.
2) Performance seats (like in the newer models and SVR) - all black, with 18-way adjustment + 4 lumbar.
3) The colour, like the Black with Black pack.
4) 22" alloys dark grey 1020 with contrast.
5) Tinted windows.
6) Climate Control Front Seats & Heated rears.
6) All new Pirelli tyres all round.
7) only 21k miles with FJSH.

(n) Con's:
1) No panoramic roof! (has Oyster headliner)
2) No Interactive Digital Dash, just analogue dials.
3) Would have preferred some ivory in the interior mixed with the ebony.
4) No LED headlights.
5) There is a small hole on drivers side rear door card handle.
4) Expensive at £42,500. ... they said they'd throw in a service even tough its not due til Oct'22 and is normally £600 to £700 (the 64k miles one for new fuel, oil, pollen filters. The air filter and front brake discs were changed in Oct 2021).

A 3 year warranty is £1513, they gave £50 off only. They said they won't negotiate on price due to spec of car and it's literally not been advertised as yet (I have beady eye lol)
Parkers used franchised dealer says £38,600. I didn't like the PCP quote of in 4 years its marginally over £17k, less than other dealerships for lower spec cars.

How does it sound?? Any tips? It's likely to be a cash sale if I remortgage!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is that 3.0 V6 supercharged petrol or twin turbo diesel? I'd presume petrol at that price. A tad high, but the petrol S models do hold their value. I paid £38,500 for mine a few months back, with 34k on the clock. No glass roof as I didn't want one, but everything else, LED lights, ICTP, digital dash, HUD, 360 cameras and adaptive cruise control. No heated steering wheel though and I would have liked suedecloth headlining too. 20" wheels as again I didn't want 22s. Your warranty price is about right, so long as that's the comprehensive one, everything included with no claim limit. At the price of the car, there must be zero damage, zero scratches etc. everything in perfect condition. Check everything works as it should etc. Has the infotainment got the latest firmware loaded, it should have 3 blue tiles on the homescreen not the earlier 4 more colourful tiles. If the earlier, get the dealer to load the newest version included in the sale, it's known to brick the system during upgrade. You'll then have Android/Apple carplay and OTA updates for any later software updates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just put a deposit down to hold the car.... not sure yet, glad its refundable!
The car is a 2018 reg (2019 model) on a '68'. 3L V6 S Diesel in Santorini Black (better than Narvik)

(y) Pro's:
1) 360 degree camera's.
2) Performance seats (like in the newer models and SVR) - all black, with 184 way adjustment + 4 lumbar.
5) Tinted windows.

(n) Con's:
4) No LED headlights.
4) Expensive at £42,500. ... they said they'd throw in a service even tough its not due til Oct'22 and is normally £600 to £700 (the 64k miles one for new fuel, oil, pollen filters. The air filter and front brake discs were changed in Oct 2021).
Hi @cutlea01, it's a 3L Diesel.

I've just spoken to another dealership, re two further cars, both Diesel.

2017 '17 plate. Santorini Black 40k miles
360 camera, park assist, sliding panoramic roof, digital dash, ICTP, heated seats front and back, ivory & ebony 14-way seats + 4-way lumbar. 20" blade 5 spoke alloys (not sexy!)
FJSH, just been serviced at £2k Inc brakes discs all around.
It has some scratches which they will polish out. A ceramic coat after this is £900.
£34k

2018' 68 plate, Grey 30.5k miles.
1.5 years newer, Reg in Nov 2018.
Same spec, apart from 10 way seats and no 360 cameras.
£41k

I wouldn't consider this 3rd car at all.
It's between the 1st and 2nd.

2018/9 '68 plate £42.5k 3L Diesel V6 S, near mint condition.

2017' 17 plate £34k 3L Diesel V6 S, but has more options, but crappier alloys.

·
Registered
15 Posts

(y) Pro's:
1) 360 degree camera's.
2) Performance seats (like in the newer models and SVR) - all black, with 18-way adjustment + 4 lumbar.
5) Tinted windows.

(n) Con's:
4) No LED headlights.

A 3 year warranty is £1513, they gave £50 off only. They said they won't negotiate on price due to spec of car and it's literally not been advertised as yet (I have beady eye lol)
Parkers used franchised dealer says £38,600. I didn't like the PCP quote of in 4 years its marginally over £17k, less than other dealerships for lower spec cars.

How does it sound?? Any tips? It's likely to be a cash sale if I remortgage!
Does sound on the high side price wise. Would expect to be immaculate and have a high spec for the money.
I suspect there are better deal around on an 18 or 19 plate for less of similar money. Depends of course though on where you are located and how far your prepared to travel for the right car and if you have a preference for approved used or independent dealer. Where abouts in the country are you?

Have seen a few model with higher spec with sliding pan roof but no 360 cameras in the 37-38K range. Cant really tell condition from the photo’s though

I bought a 2018 reg (2019 model) on a '68'. 3L V6 S Diesel in Capathian Grey with the 8 way standard sports seats not the SVR type and pretty much full loaded option wise other than 360 cameras, sliding roof and rear traffic detection and 15K on the clock for a shade under £40k

May be worth a browse through Autotrader.

Whatever one you chose the F Pace is a fantastic drive

Good luck with the decision

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi @Syl,
I look at Auto Trader maybe 10 times a day, as well as ALL the car websites you can think of. The official Jaguar website is rubbish on the mobile but I've set it up on my Mac too. I'm preperard to go to Scotland if I have to, I'm in Reading, Berkshire.

We are going to reject the '68 plate car, which is from Taunton. Video here:

It's beautiful on the outside, but my wife now agrees what she wants :
  • Santorini Black or Carpathian Grey, ideally with black pack.
  • Ebony & Oyster interior, not just black.
  • Digital Dash.
  • Panoramic roof.
  • Heated steering wheel we could compromise on.
I've said we won't get the 360 surround cameras with this spec, but as long as it then has all the other sensors, we should be OK, but ideally really want this too.
A compromise has to happen somewhere, but for £42.5K, she definitely said no.

p.s. I love how that cat just purrrrs, it's so mint and low mileage!!!

121 - 140 of 144 Posts