Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, (probably right numpty questions coming up)

my new F Pace will be a year old soon and I have just had an email from jaguar telling me that the secure tracker expires shortly, They want £235 for a year or £376 for two years. I'm after a bit of advice, is this a good deal or should I look around for an alternative ?

I have also noticed from looking at the app on my phone that the "wifi enabled with data plan "also expires on the same date (I've not been notified about it yet by jaguar) anyone know how much that is to renew and is it worth it.
Finally my app also shows "Online pack with data plan" (with no expiry date) does anyone know what the difference is between the too.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
As far as I am aware, the Online Pack is built in to the car and covers things like the Sat Nav, Updates etc.
That will probably be good for 3 years but the Jaguar website will tell you.
The WiFi Pack uses a SIM Card and just allows people in the car to connect to a WiFi hotspot for internet access.
In the 3 years I have had my current Jag I don't think anyone has ever used the WiFi feature so I do not think I would be renewing it personally.

As for Tracker - an old iphone under the seat/carpet and plugged in to a USB point for power will give you just about the same thing (via "find my iphone") for the price of a sim card which is a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike S thanks for that, it makes a bit of sense now. I’ll probably let the tracker expire and wait to see how much they want for the Wi-Fi connection if all it gives is in car Wi-Fi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mike S thanks for that, it makes a bit of sense now. I’ll probably let the tracker expire and wait to see how much they want for the Wi-Fi connection if all it gives is in car Wi-Fi.
One thing you might want to consider is the insurance effect - does your provider expect Tracker to be working as a condition of the Theft cover. I have a RR Evoque and I have to have Tracker working for the insurance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I renewed my insurance after 1 year ( March 2021) I asked about whether it was worth renewing the tracking service, and was told it made no difference to the premiums, so it is well worth asking the question with a phone call to your insurers.
(LV direct BTW)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts