Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have tried a search but cannot see anything specific to this, apologies if there is already a thread.

My car is just coming up to 1 year old, and I have received an email from the dealer telling me a service is now due. I checked the OSH and it confirmed that my car isn’t due one until 2 yrs/24k miles. I will have that discussion with them.

Having said that I do intend to do an oil & filter change at 1 year. My question is can this be done using the suction extraction method, and also how easy is it to change the oil filter, does it necessitate lifting the car etc.

A final question, does anyone know where a workshop manual for this engine could be found.

Very grateful for any pointers.

Ian

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use a pump to extract the oil from my 3ltr diesel with no problems (in fact jaguar has converted the old dip stick housing so they can use this method in the workshop). I believe you will need to remove the engine cover (usually just secured by 3 plastic ball joint push in fixings), the dipstick is on the rh side. The oil filter housing is on the left hand side rear of the engine in a cartridge housing, 65mm? oil cartridge socket. This vid is for a 2019 2.5 t. Check the oil type & quantity from your owners manual.
:cool:

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my workshop manual from here:

PDF which you get straight away as a download link and is searchable.
Seems to be a good job thankfully i have needed it yet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a pump to extract the oil from my 3ltr diesel with no problems (in fact jaguar has converted the old dip stick housing so they can use this method in the workshop). I believe you will need to remove the engine cover (usually just secured by 3 plastic ball joint push in fixings), the dipstick is on the rh side. The oil filter housing is on the left hand side rear of the engine in a cartridge housing, 65mm? oil cartridge socket. This vid is for a 2019 2.5 t. Check the oil type & quantity from your owners manual.
:cool:
Thanks for this, hoping someone with a petrol engine can also confirm, though I don’t see why it would be different.

I got my workshop manual from here:

PDF which you get straight away as a download link and is searchable.
Seems to be a good job thankfully i have needed it yet.
Thanks, have seen those but not sure if it applies to my later model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Take the oil cap off and look inside. On the V engines I have, the oil extraction pipe is clearly visible under the cap. On the 3.0D V6, it's outside the oil filler cap, clearly visible next to it, with its own little cap. I don't know on the new 2.0D.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx Alan, will have a look see.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take the oil cap off and look inside. On the V engines I have, the oil extraction pipe is clearly visible under the cap. On the 3.0D V6, it's outside the oil filler cap, clearly visible next to it, with its own little cap. I don't know on the new 2.0D.
Alan, sorry it’s been a while,senility 😃
I can’t see any suitable tube either within the filler neck or nearby, the only option looks to be the dipstick tube, as shown in post #2 above.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case anyone is looking for details my handbook has the specification as SAE 0W-20 STJLR.03.5006 , and recommends Castrol Edge Professional.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Alan, sorry it’s been a while,senility 😃
I can’t see any suitable tube either within the filler neck or nearby, the only option looks to be the dipstick tube, as shown in post #2 above.
If there is an old fashioned real physical dipstick in the tube, I doubt it'd reach to the bottom of the sump for vacuum draining the oil, all dipstick tubes I've seen end quite some distance above the sump floor. So I guess you'd have to use a rigid-ish tube pushed down it, as per the video, my extraction pump came with several. Warm the oil with a short drive or idle for 5 mins or so.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Found a picture of the 2.0 diesel dipstick and tube (stolen from Ebay!), can clearly see it will stop well above the sump floor, and also how bent it is, so showing why a semi-rigid suction tube is needed.
Road surface Asphalt Grey Font Concrete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts