Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sneaked round to look at my car Friday, picked up yesterday.

It's a red one:
Vehicle cover Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

no wait it is yet another ammonite:
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

You could be fooled into thinking it is an R-Sport from the wheels, but no it's a Portfolio, just combines the best of both!

So far the car has greatly exceeded my expectations and even the steering wobble I encountered was because I was being ticked off for poor lane discipline by the lane departure warning system.

I would like to mention Lancaster Jaguar Sevenoaks, and specifically Martin Pearce.
This is my 52nd car and bearing in mind I usually only buy after trying at several dealerships, plus all the competition, plus any cars of vague interest or new out or that my wife might be interested in, I have quite an extensive experience of car dealerships. I would class most dealerships as OK, I have had two very bad experiences and a few very good ones, but my experience of buying from Martin has been fantastic, by far the best I experienced anywhere.

Having originally ordered in January 2015, cancelled mid 2015, tested car earlier this year, then a couple of months later ordered again, it has been a protracted purchase and throughout Martin couldn't have happier to spend a lot of time with me, full of real knowledgeable enthusiasm for the car. The handover alone was for more than three hours, while the car was unveiled; I was given a bottle of champagne (unfortunately rather lost on me as I don't like alcohol) and keys with two key rings in the presentation box.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fascinating - I have an Ammonite Portfolio from Sevenoaks as well.

Different sales person - handover half to a third of yours as he had no idea how the ICTP worked. I wasn't impressed with the 'we haven't tuned the radio or done anything as we want you to be able to take the car home and personalise it argument' either. My post purchase JLR survey reflected what i thought was a really poor hand over, coupled with me spotting misaligned panels etc.

As an aside, how is DAB reception / station list as you obviously live near Sevenoaks (as do I) - I get a v limited range of stations, but my Fiesta and Mini have far longer station lists and stronger reception.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I had Martin at Sevenoaks too. He was excellent from start to finish. Coming to two months of ownership and had a letter a few weeks ago inviting me back in to the dealer to spend some time going over the car again in case I had any questions now that I'd had it a while. Great service and luckily not had to go back to them for any issues so far

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations! Excellent choice of colour! :D
And... Another thumbs up for Martin from me too!

·
Banned
444 Posts
cedzz said:
Sneaked round to look at my car Friday, picked up yesterday.

It's a red one:
View attachment 2666

no wait it is yet another ammonite:
View attachment 2667
View attachment 2668

You could be fooled into thinking it is an R-Sport from the wheels, but no it's a Portfolio, just combines the best of both!

So far the car has greatly exceeded my expectations and even the steering wobble I encountered was because I was being ticked off for poor lane discipline by the lane departure warning system.

I would like to mention Lancaster Jaguar Sevenoaks, and specifically Martin Pearce.
This is my 52nd car and bearing in mind I usually only buy after trying at several dealerships, plus all the competition, plus any cars of vague interest or new out or that my wife might be interested in, I have quite an extensive experience of car dealerships. I would class most dealerships as OK, I have had two very bad experiences and a few very good ones, but my experience of buying from Martin has been fantastic, by far the best I experienced anywhere.

Having originally ordered in January 2015, cancelled mid 2015, tested car earlier this year, then a couple of months later ordered again, it has been a protracted purchase and throughout Martin couldn't have happier to spend a lot of time with me, full of real knowledgeable enthusiasm for the car. The handover alone was for more than three hours, while the car was unveiled; I was given a bottle of champagne (unfortunately rather lost on me as I don't like alcohol) and keys with two key rings in the presentation box.
52nd car and your still driving?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very very nice. I have to say I think the ammonite suits this jag as if it was born for it. The only question I have is on the 3.0d S should you have the black pack or stick with the standard silver contrast. I choose the silver 22 " wheels. I think the configurator on my computer must be the most used ever (probably not :)) - even have side by side screen shots as my save screen so I can compare - one with and one without the black pack on ammonite. How sad is this. Cannot decide! I think if the wife sees this she will think I am finally going over the edge. Any advice please for a potential buyer who loves this car.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts