Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have looked through the gallery and cannot quite be sure on sizing form the photos.

Front - are these standard white UK plates or a little deeper than normal?

Rear - again standard UK size or deeper?

The reason I ask is that I have a personal plate going on and am trying to decide if it will work with a non standard size. I have had the plate cut down to 11mm all around standard fonts in the past, but have also had to stick with full length before due to plinth size mounted on the bumper for example, which maybe the case with the FP.

Looking at pictures as well, fair to say they haven't created a Rover 75 type unique plate size, but wonder if the rear in particular is Jaguar special size?

I was looking at Badger's for example, they look deeper on the back http://fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1284

Then Luminated has only 4 characters, but on a full size plinth, so cut down would look rubbish http://fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1267 but his looks great standard width on the front.

Paul's also looks deeper on the rear than standard http://fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1234

I think I will go standard width on the front on the plinth, if you have to have the plinth, but want to get a more conclusive view of the rear if anyone can help?
Cheers

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try the USA/Canadian size front plinth for the F Pace available through Jaguar parts which my dealer fitted for me.
This size plate is legal in the UK and only works if you have a few letters and numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If you want to go for the smallest sized legal front plate then you can opt not to have the front plinth fitted and bolt the plate directly to the bumper. It will work. I almost did this but then ended up going for a standard uk plate which looks fine.
View attachment 93

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
The larger rear plate on mine in the pic above was added by the dealer in error.

I'm not into chunky rear plates and went standard. I could decrease the width of the sides front and rear as there's only 4 characters but I'm not planning to at the moment. I'm unsure how sticking a smaller plate direct to the bumper with no plinth will look

View attachment 87

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps, I actually quite like DWD's rear plate, I wonder if that is a standard Jag version on whether they have cut it on site...

Paul, I agree with you about not being sure how the front would look without the plinth, so I think a full size front on plinth solves the front...now the rear....DWD is looking favourite if I can....

·
Registered
688 Posts
My dealer seem to have them on all their F-Paces.. its the style I've asked for

·
Registered
381 Posts
jinjin said:
True. The taller rear plates would appear to be the dealer default.

Personally, I don't like that the rear cam becomes more visible when the yellow plate is positioned behind it but worse then anything I cannot stand black bolts in number plates. Yes, I need to get out more.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PaulC said:
jinjin said:

Personally, I don't like that the rear cam becomes more visible when the yellow plate is positioned behind it but worse then anything I cannot stand black bolts in number plates. Yes, I need to get out more.
Oh I totally agree about black bolts, they have to be colour coded, or even better, no bolts at all...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
jinjin said:

You should change your reg to OCD 3 :)

Know what you mean tho on the rear I have one black bolt and one yellow. Looks odd.

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
PaulC said:
jinjin said:

You should change your reg to OCD 3 :)

Know what you mean tho on the rear I have one black bolt and one yellow. Looks odd.
Get new plates and tape them on. But don't forget to use a spirit level for positioning. Post-it tabs are ideal for corner markers before the final adhesion to the paintwork.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Had mine made to the shape I wanted, think it's got a 12mm taper each side, but camera angle doesn't highlight it. My tip for mounting.....3m Velcro. No screws, no sticky tabs, if you are slightly out applying plate reapply. The Velcro is bloody strong you won't just rip them off, be quicker to unscrew them. So more secure than screws, and more flexible fixing than sticky pads. Once you have aligned them very firm wiggle and push and they ain't going nowhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Had mine made to the shape I wanted, think it's got a 12mm taper each side, but camera angle doesn't highlight it. My tip for mounting.....3m Velcro. No screws, no sticky tabs, if you are slightly out applying plate reapply. The Velcro is bloody strong you won't just rip them off, be quicker to unscrew them. So more secure than screws, and more flexible fixing than sticky pads. Once you have aligned them very firm wiggle and push and they ain't going nowhere.
You get what you pay for and 3M products are far superior - no question.

...and I'm not just saying that because I formerly worked in their Marketing team :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.