Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......................then you don't.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Looks great ... Have you deliberately stopped the mirrors from folding in? I assume there's enough 'give' in the design to allow the mirrors to fold?
Yes, plenty room to close, would have looked better if I'd closed them before snapping. Piccies in wrong order too but that's just me............................I'm afraid.

HAPPY NEW YEAR JLR5.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
happy new year to you all, I am looking at the covers at present but they are not cheap, fed up with cleaning seagull pooh off the car in the summer, it's a daily chore that is getting old.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
And Brighton seagulls are like flying ostriches. They scare me.
You are not Kidding, people need to stop feeding them they are now attacking people walking along the prom with food and drinks and young kids, it's all nice and sweet when you do a day visit but try living with them, these are cliff dwelling birds that are slowly becoming more and more of a pest and we go and protect them, Joke.

They are killing other birds to feed there young due to too many of them and not enough sources of food.

When they have young around, watch out they are dive bombing you as you walk along the road.

Sorry ranting away but when you live with them you will soon understand why people are starting to get tired of them.

Sorry guys.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
happy new year to you all, I am looking at the covers at present but they are not cheap, fed up with cleaning seagull pooh off the car in the summer, it's a daily chore that is getting old.
You will have a hard job to find a better cover than the one in my picture, a picture that doesn't do it justice. Yes, not cheap but with car covers you get what you pay for, generally badly fitted, poor materials, aford little weather protection and so on but this Jaguar provided cover is the ultimate. Given that I'm parked at home under trees and surrounded by seagulls and all other types of flying creatures, even some four legged buggers, cats and squirrells etc, I have gone through umpteen covers that were also quite expensive but none of them have met the standard of the one currently covering my lovely new F Pace. This one is made of very high quality fabric, keeps the weather out and fits like a glove, some thing that I have not managed to find before. In short I am delighted with it and would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating buying a car cover.

I ordered it via the configurator when I was speccing up my order. Best value for money item I have shelled out for in ages.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a side shot:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
YORKIE said:
Jagfpacejk said:
You will have a hard job to find a better cover than the one in my picture, a picture that doesn't do it justice. Yes, not cheap but with car covers you get what you pay for, generally badly fitted, poor materials, aford little weather protection and so on but this Jaguar provided cover is the ultimate. Given that I'm parked at home under trees and surrounded by seagulls and all other types of flying creatures, even some four legged buggers, cats and squirrells etc, I have gone through umpteen covers that were also quite expensive but none of them have met the standard of the one currently covering my lovely new F Pace. This one is made of very high quality fabric, keeps the weather out and fits like a glove, some thing that I have not managed to find before. In short I am delighted with it and would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating buying a car cover.

I ordered it via the configurator when I was speccing up my order. Best value for money item I have shelled out for in ages.
Do you have a link to it on the Jaguar site?

·
Registered
441 Posts
How long does it take to remove it? Where or how do you store it and how long does it take to refit and secure?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Now I want to know what's hidden beneath that darker grey cover by the side of your F-pace :?:

Yorkie?

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
Now I want to know what's hidden beneath that darker grey cover by the side of your F-pace :?:

Yorkie?

Arianne
My money is on a VW Beetle .. hey Yorkie? Can't be that hideous (sorry Yorkie) wrapped Smart Car as it's the wrong shape.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I hope you wash car each time you cover it?

I had a neighbour with brand new SL 600 always covered it, he said he did it to protect the paint, on removing the cover I showed him the scratches all over from dragging cover off the car
Always wash and dry it before covering it.

i am not a lover of car covers for this reason, it's ok if car is having to be covered for weeks, dont like idea of dragging grit over expensive paintwork, sorry.

·
Registered
612 Posts
big jon said:
I hope you wash car each time you cover it?

I had a neighbour with brand new SL 600 always covered it, he said he did it to protect the paint, on removing the cover I showed him the scratches all over from dragging cover off the car
Always wash and dry it before covering it.

i am not a lover of car covers for this reason, it's ok if car is having to be covered for weeks, dont like idea of dragging grit over expensive paintwork, sorry.
I have the cover too, as there are too many tree's where I live to leave it uncovered, especially during Autumn.

However, to avoid having to wash it so much, I'm getting a 7 year crystal protection applied. This will help protect the paint and mean less washing for me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
YORKIE said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Do you have a link to it on the Jaguar site?
http://accessories.jaguar.com/gb/en/f-pace/exterior/exterior-protection/t4a4215-all-weather-car-cover/

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arianne said:

Yorkie?

Arianne
Ask JLR5, it's a VW Beetle, he knows you know. :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Arianne said:

Yorkie?

Arianne
My money is on a VW Beetle .. hey Yorkie? Can't be that hideous (sorry Yorkie) wrapped Smart Car as it's the wrong shape.
How very dare you talk about my wife's pet Leopard like that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hydrajaws said:
How long does it take to remove it? Where or how do you store it and how long does it take to refit and secure?
After a little practise you can put it on and take it off in less than 5 minutes. After many years in the Army camouflaging large military vehicles I can do the Jag in less than 3 minutes.

Another response to this thread implied that it should be dragged off well, only the idiot owner a Mercedes SL 600 would be so daft as to do that and deserved to end up with a badly scratched car.

The key is to fold the cover: free off the front edge, held in place by a strong elasticated band , and fold that edge in to the centre of the roof, obviously you'll need to do the folding from both sides, then do the same with the rear edge and continue to do this until you have a nice neat rollable (sic) cover which can be rolled from either side of the vehicle in a continuous flow until it can be lifted from the roof and stored wherever you have a space. I store mine in the car's load space. Particular attention should be paid to how you take it from the roof because in order to roll it on again that's how it should be placed on the roof in order make sure it unfolds in the right direction.

It is recommended that the cover should be taken off for a while at least weekly in order to dispose of any condensation and that it should not be put on over a dirty car.

The thing can be bought with a securing band which involves a lot of fuss and palaver in order to thread it through a number of holes in the lower edge before finally attaching a padlock. Can't be bothered with that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts