Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a brief search but nothing showed so apologies if it is raised somewhere. It happened yesterday which I put down to just me. Then it did it twice today!! :evil:

Got in car, closed door, foot on break, push start button and got an initial turn from starter motor then nothing.....just stops like battery dead!!! Foot off brake, back on push button again and starts, is this something else to add?? Done 4100 miles in 3 months to the day!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wierd!
I had a Toyota Auris while on holiday in Lanzarote. It sometimes wouldn't start first time. :lol: :lol:
Don't expect a Jag to do that though :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes it's a well known problem bullitin X9876. It only occurs on cars with the incontrol TV, the issue is watching too many soaps whilst driving which flattens the battery, particularly East Enders and Corrie.

Or on a more serious note, I've no idea. No, I think I'll stick with the soaps theory.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AlSnr said:
Yes it's a well known problem bullitin X9876. It only occurs on cars with the incontrol TV, the issue is watching too many soaps whilst driving which flattens the battery, particularly East Enders and Corrie.

Or on a more serious note, I've no idea. No, I think I'll stick with the soaps theory.
Quicker and more accurate answer than Jag will offer ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I did a brief search but nothing showed so apologies if it is raised somewhere. It happened yesterday which I put down to just me. Then it did it twice today!! :evil:

Got in car, closed door, foot on break, push start button and got an initial turn from starter motor then nothing.....just stops like battery dead!!! Foot off brake, back on push button again and starts, is this something else to add?? Done 4100 miles in 3 months to the day!
Yes I have experieced this several times during 3800 miles. I will add it to the list of issues.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hydrajaws said:
CarlFRZ434 said:

Yes I have experieced this several times during 3800 miles. I will add it to the list of issues.
Cheers Hydrajaws

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've had this and found I could start the car by putting the key fob near the sensor, low left hand side of steering column. Its almost like the keyless entry gets a bit sleepy and the immobiliser kicks in. Could be pure bad luck with mine but the keyless entry is not as good as previous XF, it often doesn't detect the key when locking either and I have to get intimate and almost hug the car... who knows what the neighbours think?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RaVolVoR said:
I've had this and found I could start the car by putting the key fob near the sensor, low left hand side of steering column. Its almost like the keyless entry gets a bit sleepy and the immobiliser kicks in. Could be pure bad luck with mine but the keyless entry is not as good as previous XF, it often doesn't detect the key when locking either and I have to get intimate and almost hug the car... who knows what the neighbours think?
That's it I thought I'd read it somewhere ;)

·
Banned
444 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:

I thought your car was off the road ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.