Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been chatting with a FB friend and were discussing cars.....as boys do!!! And he said........
"Sorry, only just seen your message . I love the look and drive of the car (FP) but think it may have reliability issues looming. It's reluctant to lock at times, have a suspension creak and funny vibration noise behind dash. Jaguar are not alone as we had a CLA shooting brake last year which lasted 3 weeks before gearbox failed so Mercedes bought it back against a GLA45AMG which also developed a reverse gear fault after 6 mths. I have a new BMW X1 in Spain which broke down as i reached the airport last Wednesday,it was recovered by BMW and I haven't heard a word since !!" So we are not alone!!!! Others marques have issues and I just love the Jag!!!! So FFSget it F'ing sorted!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had an E Class before the XE (before the FP) and I had it 2 weeks before the gearbox failed at 2,500 miles - and I had a loaner for 3 months while they fixed it.... all marques have issues, new models of new cars from evolving marques will have more. But yes, JUST F'ING FIX IT JLR!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with ya buddy!! But just trying to strike a balance for JLR that other brands can be just as shite!!

I just love the F-Pace so am desperate for a fix!!

·
Banned
444 Posts
It is extremely uplifting to hear that others recognise that "prestige" brands also have issues, something that I have been mentioning for some time!

Yesterday I visited my local independent body shop which is a high end establishment to discuss changing the front air vents, I have a 3.0D R Sport and I want to remove the bar, which necessitates new surrounds and grilles, now on order.

I was telling him how a lot of negative comments had been made regarding the panel fit and gaps on the F-Pace. He took me over to a 3 month old Rolls Royce Phantom drop head coupe that he was working on and pointed to several questionable panel gaps. He then proceeded to tell me that Ferrari and Lamborghini were the worst for panel fit and in his opinion the F-Pace was on a par with Mercedes.

He puts it down to modern manufacturing process and lack of attention to detail. I asked him how can manufacturers get away with it, his reply most people either don't notice or care that much. :(

·
Registered
688 Posts
And it's that last point that rings true.. the majority don't notice, don't care or don't have issues. We're all here because we're passionate about our cars and enhusastic owners. Being on a forum reading people's experiences will lend to people taking stock and looking out for similar issues on their vehicles.. that's a good thing! There won't be a single band new model out there that doesn't have issues.. regardless of the marque, there'll be a similar forum like this with similar theme of complaints. What JLR need to do 'walk the walk' and provide a level and quality of customer service we all expect.

From the first few comments I see a new phrase developing. JFFI (just f'ing fix it)

·
Banned
444 Posts
Russell said:
It is extremely uplifting to hear that others recognise that "prestige" brands also have issues, something that I have been mentioning for some time!

Yesterday I visited my local independent body shop which is a high end establishment to discuss changing the front air vents, I have a 3.0D R Sport and I want to remove the bar, which necessitates new surrounds and grilles, now on order.

I was telling him how a lot of negative comments had been made regarding the panel fit and gaps on the F-Pace. He took me over to a 3 month old Rolls Royce Phantom drop head coupe that he was working on and pointed to several questionable panel gaps. He then proceeded to tell me that Ferrari and Lamborghini were the worst for panel fit and in his opinion the F-Pace was on a par with Mercedes.

He puts it down to modern manufacturing process and lack of attention to detail. I asked him how can manufacturers get away with it, his reply most people either don't notice or care that much. :(
Whist appreciating jinjin's comment that we on this forum do care about detail.

The vast majority and by that I mean 95% plus do not notice and if indeed you were to point out a "poor" panel fit or gap, most people would look at you as if you were crazy!

So unfortunately for us 95% plus trumps (forgive the pun) the tiny minority that we represent, so if only for economic reasons nothing will change. It unlike Ferrari / Lamborghini, which are hand built, the Jaguar product is mass produced and cannot be classified as a luxury product, so take it or leave it!

We can tinker at the margins trying to get the best results possible but expecting Jaguar to change their policy is like flogging a dead horse. Sorry folks but that is reality. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.