Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having so many issues with the infotainment system, I'm happy to report it's finally sorted and hopefully this fix can be rolled out to everyone else who is suffering.. however next issue is a major one. The car was built and sent out to me as I've mentioned previously without its heated steering wheel and without the memory buttons added to the passenger seat. Ive paid up for the car and so a little miffed that this wasn't 100% correct. Went back to dealer and they said they would get the steering wheel and fit it. Steering wheel arrived and guess what, they can't fit it. Why? Because jaguar factory (im guessing to cut time and money) fitted a cheaper wiring loom to the car and this doesn't allow for the extras to be plumbed in after the fact. Angry is an understatement. So even if I had the steering wheel installed it wouldn't heat up because there's no where to plug it in. Phoned head office. Head office was speaking to me and I'm pretty appalled. They don't want my dealer touching the car further, they don't want to talk about how upset I am about the issues and they don't want to even consider making this right in the way of a good will gesture or compensation for the months of trouble I've had. I had the response, well can't you just live with it basically?!? Right. So back to the dealer I went. I want at least a refund on my steering wheel and my missing memory packs. Nope can't give you that either. So I tell them I will reject the car and they can build another one to the spec I paid upwards of £75,000 for and illl give them this one back until I get what I paid for. Dealer outright refuses and says tough. Pretty angry. Does anyone know if I have any rights in this respect, any law savvy people in? Could do with some ideas because I'm one very unhappy bunny and it seems I'm gettting almost steam rolled into just going away and taking this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know anything about the legal side of things. But thinking of the steering wheel, it surely can't be acceptable to charge for a heated wheel, not fit it, and then refuse to refund its value. That can't be legal, can it ?

Here's hoping that things develop in your favour, or that agreement can be reached.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
AT £75,000 invested go see a solicitor, they will be better value than the unqualified opinions of the people on this forum. If they agree refund, then hit them for solicitor costs too!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
If you paid for something and its not fitted and they will not refund you, this is classed as taking money by deception of which a heavy fine or imprisonment are applicable, I would look up this on Google, e-mail the dealer and Jaguar directly informing them of your consumer rights and give them 7 days to respond to this situation and also inform them that by law you have the right to reject the car and get a refund in full.

I had a similar issue with my wife's car that the configurator said it could have front parking sensors and I paid for this and had this listed on my build sheet, the car arrived and they said it was not an option on her vehicle due to the vehicle having a different front bumper from the rest of the same car range, I said it was not my problem, I paid for this, the configurator offered this and told them to fit them, they did and they claim the extra buttons, wiring harness and labour alone cost them around 1000 pounds.

The front sensors on the configurator cost an extra 199 pounds so they claim they lost money, informed them it was not my issue, I paid for it so they can either fit it or give me my money back in full.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Don't need to be a lawyer to sort this out if things are as you say.
If there is an order form / confit with a number of items listed and you have actually paid the full amount for all these items then if they aren't there or it's not a possible configuration then you pay for what you have been given.

Can't agree to buy 12 bananas receive only 11 but not be refunded for the missing banana and I'm sure I could use that analogy in court :)

Seriously though there shouldn't even be a discussion here so either there is more to it from their side and they see something different or something else. If it is that black and white surely jaguar CS would step in.
On the face of it it's a ridiculous situation that shouldn't be happening

·
Registered
29 Posts
Having rejected my XE-S and already had all o/s finance paid off, my deposit returned and all my monthly payments so far made since May 2016 refunded plus statutory interest together with a £500 ex-gratia payment towards my inconvenience, I can tell you you CAN reject a car for any fault that can't be fixed with ONE attempt.

Write to Andrew West (Customer Service Director) and Ken McConomy (Head of Press Office). I told them that if they didn't do what I wanted, I would start posting 15 videos I'd already made of the inherently faulty ICTP infotainment and write to the national and motoring press saying it was scandalous that JLR were continuing to sell vehicles with a known fault.

I think JLR is an absolutely shocking company producing appallingly made vehicles. After having three Mercedes in a row, my XE-S will be my first and last British designed and built car. The Jaguar was taken away by the supplying dealer last week but my Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe won't be delivered until late October so Mercedes are contributing towards the costs of my BMW hire car.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
stevealexr1 said:
Having rejected my XE-S and already had all o/s finance paid off, my deposit returned and all my monthly payments so far made since May 2016 refunded plus statutory interest together with a £500 ex-gratia payment towards my inconvenience, I can tell you you CAN reject a car for any fault that can't be fixed with ONE attempt.

Write to Andrew West (Customer Service Director) and Ken McConomy (Head of Press Office). I told them that if they didn't do what I wanted, I would start posting 15 videos I'd already made of the inherently faulty ICTP infotainment and write to the national and motoring press saying it was scandalous that JLR were continuing to sell vehicles with a known fault.

I think JLR is an absolutely shocking company producing appallingly made vehicles. After having three Mercedes in a row, my XE-S will be my first and last British designed and built car. The Jaguar was taken away by the supplying dealer last week but my Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe won't be delivered until late October so Mercedes are contributing towards the costs of my BMW hire car.
For someone who no longer owns a JLR product you do seem to pop up on here quite a lot. I reckon you secretly miss it ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
stevealexr1 said:

For someone who no longer owns a JLR product you do seem to pop up on here quite a lot. I reckon you secretly miss it ;-)
Absolutely not! SO released to get rid of it. I am just trying to be helpful to all the desperately disappointed new Jaguar owners on here!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
1.On this case as someone capable of earning enough funds to pay £75k for a car they should be capable of knowing the sales laws.
2. Our friend stevealexr1 just because he rejected his XE should not now be snubbed if he continues to support those prepared to be mugged of by JLR or worse still their dealers!!!!
3. Ref this specific case as per point 1 I'm not commenting....except to say what was on YOUR signed order? Answer that and go figure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts