Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help - and my dealer wants to kill me I expect. My 3.0s is ordered with 20" alloys, black pack and privacy glass but I can't decide and keep changing the colour between white and black. Both look good for different reasons but haven't seen a FP in either to see what the lines look like. Any help or comments gratefully accepted!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Firstly, this subject is a personal choice and everyone will have differing opinions and also depends on want sort of image you are after. A black car with black pack pack and potentially black wheels will look very mean, dare I say menacing. Whilst a white car with the black pack and black wheels will I think look more refined and modern. Also I do feel lighter colours and white will definitely show off the lines of the car better.

·
Registered
302 Posts
jonty1625 said:
I need some help - and my dealer wants to kill me I expect. My 3.0s is ordered with 20" alloys, black pack and privacy glass but I can't decide and keep changing the colour between white and black. Both look good for different reasons but haven't seen a FP in either to see what the lines look like. Any help or comments gratefully accepted!
Clearly down to personal choice, and I have over time chosen both colours!

My original order was for Polaris White S spec car with Black Pack and 22" Black alloys, Red/Black interior. As per other members views, a very pleasing look. I've just recently gone for one of the 'Second Editions' (LOL) in Ultimate Black, that in my opinion will look great with the Oyster leather interior, satin chrome detailing on grill and door trims and graphite 22"s - However I personally would not have gone for this combo (and stuck with my S spec car) if the interior leather options were as per standard S spec, as IMHO would be too dark!

There are some piccies somewhere in the forum of a Black car with full Black Pack (just cannot find at moment). Attached one of a White one below though....

http://fpaceforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=571

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nishandf said:
Firstly, this subject is a personal choice and everyone will have differing opinions and also depends on want sort of image you are after. A black car with black pack pack and potentially black wheels will look very mean, dare I say menacing. Whilst a white car with the black pack and black wheels will I think look more refined and modern. Also I do feel lighter colours and white will definitely show off the lines of the car better.
Thats my spec a polaris white with black pack and black venom wheels classy my thoughts exactly
Also totally agree it is personal preference as to colour wheel choice and accessories and what you want for your vehicle, if we were all the same we would be clones and life would be very boring and we would probably all be driving BMWs :?

·
Registered
381 Posts
For me at least

Light paint colour - Black pack

Darker paint colour - No black pack ( particularly on an S)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For detailed images of a white F-Pace with black pack follow this link to my test drive which is posted on the Volvo XC60 owners forum because that's what I drive and am still a loyal member of that community...

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=243664&page=63

The thread has been great so enjoy. If you want me to email the full sized, uncompressed images which were taken with a proper camera and not a phone then send me a private message through this forum. It includes, further on, some almost unique images of the mood lighting at night that I haven't seen anywhere else other than on a US website.

My opinion, I have seen both. I prefer white, although neither is my personal favourite. Why? Black is a nightmare to keep clean, 24hrs after washing and you will see a film of dust across that long, long bonnet of the F-Pace. The car looks a bit like a gangster car for me although Mrs A likes the black ones. The white has a better contrast between the wheels, rear skid plate, privacy glass and black pack. It creates an aggressive, assertive appearance.

All subjective, of course and you will probably have a tsunami of posts on this topic now. I wish you well with your dilemma.

Arianne

·
Registered
302 Posts
smash said:
Don't get black. .. the wife has a black current XF it's atrocious to clean and keep clean
Not true.....

Had a number of black cars including my current Evoque and never a problem......
Good job as the F Pace is definitely BLACK :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks - I have to confirm my order today and it's not helping... do i need to buy 2??

I also have another questions about the Adaptive Dynamics and ADSR - my dealer said ADSR was in addition to the Adaptive Dynamics but on the order form adding ADSR removes Adaptive Dynamics.... anyone got any ideas on that???

On the configurator it seems to have changed on the 2.0 at least - where there was adaptive dynamics and ADSR seperately and a pack there isn't...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this issue and when I asked the sales chap if I needed to purchase both Adaptive Dynamics and ADSR for my 2.0 he appeared puzzled. It turns out the ADSR is included in the Adaptive Dynamics pack so you don't have to pay for both individually according to him.

·
Registered
473 Posts
smash said:
Don't get black. .. the wife has a black current XF it's atrocious to clean and keep clean
I think the issue with black is where you live in terms of keeping it clean, urban fine, sticksville like me no, my Audi is dark metallic grey/black, in winter when the lanes are muddy it looks dirty after half a mile and filthy after half a days driving, in the summer covered in a film of dust within 24 hours....

So ordered white, with privacy and black pack, but then chickened out, it's far to Cheshire (I can say that as I lived there for 40 years :D )for where I live now in the Welsh Marches so changed to IRR with P and BP, if that helps, probably not :?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Not the best picture but certainly looks pretty imposing in person

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
It has the little wheels as well

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Another angle to try and give bit more of an idea

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think your best bet is to phone round a few and see who has a black pack or white and go and have a look.

·
Registered
207 Posts
AndyS said:
smash said:
Not true.....

Had a number of black cars including my current Evoque and never a problem......
Good job as the F Pace is definitely BLACK :D
Without sounding argumentative I do beg to differ... any black car (not just Jags) are hard to keep clean, given they show finger marks easily as well as everything else...

if you are maticulous and like a gloss finish on your vehicle for sure black is time consuming to keep clean... I actually thought this was a given fact...

I do like white though I went through a period where ever one was telling me white was the worse colour to resell. .. I don't believe that... but as stated black, white it's all down to taste and what you can live with... I'd go for your gut instinct. .. 1st reactions are normally the right ones...

I'm looking at RR SE in white... nice.... you know my thoughts... also just saw a post of a white F-Pace with black pack... again nice...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have ordered an Ultimate Black and was not sure about my choice....

Went to an F Pace launch in Brussels tonight and they had a Casium Blue, White with Black Wheels and a Grey. Blue was stunning, White really good but couldn't get excited about the Grey. Had an XF there in Ultimate Black which was gorgeous. White, Brown and Black leather interiors were lovely. Build quality was great as was the upgraded media system.

Car seemed much bigger than I last remembered at the Brussels Motor Show.

Happy with my choice now - roll on collection next week ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts