Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My satnav shows the colour coded roads to show congested or not. But it doesn't provide advance warnings of traffic problems on my route. The F-type satnav kept a window showing advance problems. The old broadcast traffic data used by the F-type and most other manufactures was invaluable to me on long trips. Is it possible to get this functionality on the F-type?

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you tap the little box at the bottom left of the map you will get the view selection screen. This has options for 2d, 3d, satelite pic and also within each section an option for the info panel which shows your taffic info.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Should the Satnav once it detects traffic ahead offer an alternative route? I have been driving and the screen shows red highlighted roads traffic warnings but does nothing, simply leaving the route through the stationary traffic. My TomTom offers a choice, stay on route or avoid and an indication in time of each choice. I thought the Nav system in the FP should do the same.

·
Registered
887 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Hey Jim yes but I'm pretty sure I had to turn this option on in the Nav settings.
Thanks, I thought I had but the system has chucked me out a few times and insisted I log back in, I will check to see if it has become unselected.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pos.k said:
If you tap the little box at the bottom left of the map you will get the view selection screen. This has options for 2d, 3d, satelite pic and also within each section an option for the info panel which shows your taffic info.
Thanks - got this to work though still to be convinced the system is as good as the old broadcast data system. I drive through France often and I don't fancy the internet charges. Apologies for posting a question that just needed a RTFM reply.

·
Registered
458 Posts
wmr said:
Pos.k said:
Thanks - got this to work though still to be convinced the system is as good as the old broadcast data system. I drive through France often and I don't fancy the internet charges. Apologies for posting a question that just needed a RTFM reply.
Ha Ha, Thanks, you're welcome, and don't worry as far as RTFM goes you are not the first and unlikely to be the last. (It's only Catwoman that even knows where the manual is kept - the rest of us put it down somewhere and it got 'tidied away')

1 - 9 of 9 Posts