Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow - I just realized I paid 5500£ for a useless navi... I upgraded the Incontrol to the Pro version (£5500 or 48.000 DKK, Danish kronor) but what I didn't know was that the Pro version doesn't have TMC and for some reason Jaguar does not offer the data/simcard functionality in Scandinavia = the Incontrol Pro is a completely useless tool unable to show any kind of traffic information...! No info about tailback, roadblocks, roadwork, no recalculation of routes, no updated arrival times - just a dumb map wit no connection to real time traffic... com'on Jaguar - TMC has been a basic feature for the last 10 years... how embarrassing is this for a premium brand!! It is not a Dacia Duster I bought!

My local Jaguar garage says it might come in 2018... They will fall of their chairs laughing in Stuttgart, Ingolstadt and Munchen when they hear about this. A premium brand (or wannabe premium) with a newly developed premium navigation device - unable to show traffic information because they "forgot" that it only works with data connection and they "forgot" to offer that in Scandinavia.

I miss my Mercedes and its Command Online... :evil: :evil:

Michael

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Somehow does t surprise me. It won't be because they forgot but there will be some reason it wasn't implemented or pushed through. Bet money was involved. Saying that I'm not sure mine works properly in the UK, rarely gives much info or changes routes probably because the 3G unit is hopeless on my car

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is the same in Belgium, I also bought ICTP.

What a ripp off, I know my way but I need to see where the traffic is blocked, but my high tech navi can't show that.
My garage and salesman had no clue it was like that, but now I am told that I missed to order Internet option.
I am told it's not possible to add even if I am willing to pay.
I also miss my German brands.

Lycka till att få det efter monterat, de vill troligtvis att garantin inte gäller mera.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also learned the hard way. This car is a time machine bringing us back to the 90's driving around with a Tomtom attached to the windscreen to have traffic information. Everybody asks me if there is no standard satnav in the car.

I also miss my BMW navigation.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
BEPace said:
It is the same in Belgium, I also bought ICTP.

What a ripp off, I know my way but I need to see where the traffic is blocked, but my high tech navi can't show that.
My garage and salesman had no clue it was like that, but now I am told that I missed to order Internet option.
I am told it's not possible to add even if I am willing to pay.
I also miss my German brands.

Lycka till att få det efter monterat, de vill troligtvis att garantin inte gäller mera.
So are you saying there is an internet option for Euro buyers that gives you the full functionality ? If so then at least its there very very poor that nobody knew abput it and there is nothing they can do. id push that and complain.
this is where info needs to be spread.

When I was speccing my car the sales guys at first knew next to nothing. they improved but I felt much better armed with this forum knowledge.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
So are you saying there is an internet option for Euro buyers that gives you the full functionality ? If so then at least its there very very poor that nobody knew abput it and there is nothing they can do. id push that and complain.
this is where info needs to be spread.

When I was speccing my car the sales guys at first knew next to nothing. they improved but I felt much better armed with this forum knowledge.
In Belgium ( and other countries ) the InControl Connect Pro pack is not included in the standard. It is an additional 1.000€. I could live with not having these options as i did not wanted them. But nobody told us that TMC is not available either. We now have a 60K€ car and still need TomTom or Waze to have traffic warnings. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
55 Posts
They had no clue, they tried to find TMC in my car and when they couldn't find it they contacted Jaguar HQ, where they were told that TMC is old fashion and one need to take the option with wifi.
So now I am told that I missed to take wifi option.

The hole Jaguar attitude is strange, when I got my car delivered, there was a chip in the paint, when pointing that out the answer was "puh you will any way have chip in the paint in the future", 5 months later they fixed it.

I have had some incredible statements from Jaguar, but they make sure not to put it in writing.
My car have been malfunctioning now for more then 200 days and my Jaguar experience continues (it will be interesting to see how they will manage I Pace when they clearly can't manage F Pace technology)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am quite keen on taking my complaints up with Jaguar - either they do something to fix this expensive navi, at least so it works with TMC as any other navigation unit over the past 15 years, or I will gladly dedicate loads of time on contacting every car magazine in Europe and every company car leasing company telling them to warn their readers/customers on purchasing a Jaguar as their navigation unit is useless.

Would any of you guys know how to best get in touch with them - do they have some kind of technical customer service for such complaints?

Thanks!
Michael

·
Registered
7 Posts
geez I am surprised they didn't tell you this before you upgraded. That is bad. If they do give you the option to have a sim card and traffic, I must say it does work quite well. I have taken different routes to work for the past few days and my workmates who took the normal route was stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
turns out no one knew the Touch Pro wouldn't work in Scandinavia. And they have now concluded that "well, sorry, we cannot change it afterwards, we can't make it data compatible and it won't get TMC. So sorry".

So I - and every other customer in Scandinavia - Jaguar or Landcover - is just left there with old-fashioned navigations systems and they don't even want to do anything about it. Such arrogance will kill them in the long run. At least I am now going to contact every car magazine I can find and every leasing company in the Nordic countries and tell them how Jaguar mislead their customers into buying useless upgrades that removes basic navigation functionality from their so-called "luxury cars" :) Ha ha - they are no where near luxury either in relation to the cars or customer service. Unfortunately I learned that too late :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts