Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was cancelling my Order to buy an XJL Lwb Autobiography. Well, having test driven the XJ I realised it is massive and not appropriate as a family car so am pleased to say the F Pace order is alive and well!

It's good to be back as an F-Pacer!

I now have a dilemma however. My order was going to be for a white S diesel with loads of extras totalling £69.5k!

I have now just been offered a First Edition as a firm order was cancelled due to someone's health.

The FE has most of my wish list and i particularly like the cream interior but it is missing the 14 way memory seats, surround cameras, blindspot monitor and a few other bits and pieces I would really like to have if I could spec them.

Question is, do we think the rarity factor of the FE will add to it's appeal and future residual value and does that make sacrificing the few options worthwhile?

On the plus side I could have the FE in May rather than having to wait until Aug/Sep.

Appreciate you comments.
Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the residuals should be better on the FE but this is not the reason I ordered it. I like the exclusivity of it, yes some day Jaguar will probably release Caesium blue etc but the FE has a combination of one ofd pieces that I think will not be able to be replicated.

I would also like the surround camera but having never had one before Im sure I can live without it. I also cant wait any longer, this has been a lot harder than I thought, having never ordered a new car before, never mind ordering a car I have never seen or driven!

Go for the FE, if it doesn't float your boat you will be able to sell it at six months and at the very least get your money back. When I went in to Jaguar the first time I also had a heavily specced Sport in mind, the sales team recommended going for the FE based on residuals and exclusivity.

Caesium Blue is beautiful in the flesh, I did the experience tour back in December and no photos do the car justice.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am coming more and more round to the FE.

I saw the surround camera on the XJL and it is brilliant but like you I have never had it before so it probably is a gimmick I can live without. I just find it strange that on their flagship model they put the most basic seats with no options at all.

The exclusive interior is what is really swinging it for me at the moment.

My dealer is getting an F Pace this week and drivable ones in 2 weeks.

With reviews this week we are nearly there!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Surround cameras are a gimmick in my mind, I had them on the Evoque and never used them.

Just the rear camera will be enough.

Blind spot monitoring is a shame not to have, but again even though I had it I still did a glance around, old habits and all that!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Your intent was to spec the original car far higher than the FE so without a doubt the FE would hold more of its value but if you were to pick wisely from the options list and keep the car south of £60k then I reckon that car would ultimate hold its value as good if not a little better.

If the FE had a different interior colour I would have been all over it but having had a similar coloured interior before and a son who does motor-cross then the FE wasn't for me but as this isn't an issue to you I'd jump at it, anyway those other option you mention won't enhance the driving experience.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am not sure the FE will have a better residual because it is a FE ... but at least, in most countries, the FE is cheaper than a S with the same options...

The Windsor leather, the black&white interior and the S exterior is, as far as I am concerned, the real + of the FE. (not a fan of the Taurus leather and not a fan of the Portfolio model..)
Also some months of exclusivity and the caesium blue if you like this color...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'd Personally take the FE. Save a bit of cash and get one pretty much right away rather than waiting until August or... Later

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi,

I think the FE will hold its value better than a really specced -up S. Having said that I don't think many potential second hand buyers will give a fig about it being a first edition. The only people who are interested are on this forum. I reckon all FE's and S's will plummet like a stone second hand, maybe not in the first year when people who want an F Pace aren't prepared to wait, but thereafter most certainly. I think the only time a FE may be worth a lot of money is in 30 yrs time for a low mileage immaculate and what will then be, a classic.
Personally, I think people speccing what is fundamentally a £34 car up to around £70K are either mad or too rich to care

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my case it's mad!

Having seen my brother have a stroke recently it makes you realise you only live once. He may not be able to drive again and is 6 years older than me at 58.

Financing an expensive car once at my age is not a necessity but something i want and can do.

You can't take it with you so live for today.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When i was let loose on the configurator i just kept adding options because i knew you can only do it at build.

At least with the FE they take that option away from you.

What are you going for Mr Grumpy? :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mr G is going for
portfolio auto, dark sapphire blue/oyster/sliding pano/adaptive + configurable dynamics/standard in control touch/cup holder cover!!!/remote release/skinny wheel/heated steering wheel

I think that's it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
FE will hold better residuals all day long compared to a highly spec S.

Options have no value at trade in they only give you book price regardless and the book price on a FE will always be higher than an S due to the initial price.

As for the S and FE dropping like at stone - are you mad !!!!!!! have you seen the residuals on RRE & RRS

Even very conservative JLR PCP figures have them at 50% residual after 3years - If they are are prepared to offer 50% before they even go on sale you should easily expect to get 60%-65% return after 3 years. If it turns out to be a Porsche Macan beater you will get far more than that.

Don't forget Porsche Macan is mainly sold in 3.0lt only (petrol/diesel) with the 2.0ltr petrol being a special order, that tells you people want a sporty SUV with a big engine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been on the Halifax car loan configurator - much better rates than Jag.

They show a balloon on their flex loan (same as a pcp so you can give the car back). After 4 years the FE is showing as £4500 more than the same priced specced up S!

Guess they think the FE is a better bet as well!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Habxxx said:
I have been on the Halifax car loan configurator - much better rates than Jag.

They show a balloon on their flex loan (same as a pcp so you can give the car back). After 4 years the FE is showing as £4500 more than the same priced specced up S!

Guess they think the FE is a better bet as well!
I hope you me £45,000 ( not £4,500), if so that would be excellent news. Dropping only £5k pa on a car of that value would mean 30% depreciation in 4 years.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry my numbers were wrong. Those were the residuals after 2 years!

After 3 years they are FE £29,926 Specced S to same value £25,153

After 4 years they are FE £26,369 Specced S to same value £22,187

Not as good but clearly the FE holds better.

These are of course only numbers allocated by a clerk or computer somewhere and don't give the value but at least it is a guaranteed future value.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts