Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anbody else on this forum not been informed of a build/delivery date yet. I ordered a 2.0ltr Auto AWD Portfolio with lots of extras at the begining of November and still have not had any news.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That is a bit odd, but then I believe some on forum haven't been given a date to pick up FE yet, with only a few weeks left to go to get all FE 's registered. My dealer rang me the moment he had email and then proceeded to ring other customers to give them the latest update. It is such a shame that customers are now feeling let down by some dealers after the long battle to get information from Jaguar! I do hope they sort it out for you and the others waiting for dates very soon.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Get your vista order number (Jags official order system) and ask your dealer to show you on screen or print a copy of it. If you have a build date that will show it :)

Also ask your dealer what their allocation is for 2016 and what number your order is....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAL said:
Get your vista order number (Jags official order system) and ask your dealer to show you on screen or print a copy of it. If you have a build date that will show it :)

Also ask your dealer what their allocation is for 2016 and what number your order is....
I have tried asking the the dealer what his allocation is and whwere i am on the list but i just cannot get the information and I am getting really fed up with the lack of information not only from Jaguar but my dealer as well

·
Registered
922 Posts
How bloody frustrating is that!! Can I suggest that you put on here where and who your dealer/ salesman is and maybe there is a number of others on this forum also waiting for info too . You will stand a better chance of not getting fobbed off if there are a number of you going in at same time.Also It may be an idea to prompt Ryan in making internal inquires as to what is happing at that dealer to make sure no one is being pushed back down the queue/ if that is even possible?. But on the face of it this looks like really bad customer service.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Dealer still saying June for FE ...they need a good kick up the **** . :shock:
I know we get to know a little more on this forum but it is a poor show when the dealer seems to be showing little or no attention to an up coming model ..it's almost like jaguar are not keeping the dealer informed.
What's going on
Ryan sort it out ( plz)
It's simple email dealers and give them the info... ;)

On the other hand ....June might be right :oops:

·
Registered
410 Posts
BV32 said:
DAL said:

I have tried asking the the dealer what his allocation is and whwere i am on the list but i just cannot get the information and I am getting really fed up with the lack of information not only from Jaguar but my dealer as well
I'd be speaking to the dealer principle...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't have a definite build/delivery date either. Placed my deposit on the 9th November and at the time my dealer said to expect the car in September! Fair enough I thought, good things come to those who wait and all that, but with the recent news of dates being received on these boards I pushed my dealer who's being quite cagey with the allocation/list other than telling me I'm 'one of the earlier ones'. He did tell me however that the order will be locked in the second week of April and gave a rough estimate of July as the pick up date. Which is probably reasonable.

·
Registered
410 Posts
ASM33 said:
I don't have a definite build/delivery date either. Placed my deposit on the 9th November and at the time my dealer said to expect the car in September! Fair enough I thought, good things come to those who wait and all that, but with the recent news of dates being received on these boards I pushed my dealer who's being quite cagey with the allocation/list other than telling me I'm 'one of the earlier ones'. He did tell me however that the order will be locked in the second week of April and gave a rough estimate of July as the pick up date. Which is probably reasonable.
That's sounds more realistic than Sept?.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think part of the problem is they have relatively few slots. My dealer is pretty big and had 10 slots. I placed an order early November I think and was about 30 +on list then and they have loads of orders so I think many of us will miss out the first round of orders and slots
I chased up and given I was happy to go,ahead and was one of the very few petrol supercharge I thought I may get in but I've not heard anything yet and don't want to keep haranguing. They couldn't even tell me if they had a petrol slot until they loaded up the orders ?!
Surely the system tells the garage what they can place.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I was always under the impression that the orders were placed onto the system in the order they took them from customers by date.Wether you ordered a diesel or petrol made no difference like pano roof or not, otherwise how is it fair? As seen on the production line RRS /XE / or F Pace one after the other in any combination!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jags cat said:
I was always under the impression that the orders were placed onto the system in the order they took them from customers by date.Wether you ordered a diesel or petrol made no difference like pano roof or not, otherwise how is it fair? As seen on the production line RRS /XE / or F Pace one after the other in any combination!
You would think so but that's what I was told though of course who knows what exactly is true or not, all you can do is go by what your told them find out via this forum :)
Maybe somebody with a bit more knowledge might know. If that's the case and I'm getting nowhere with my dealer I might call around see if any slots available to take my order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After deafening silence, I received an email from my dealer yesterday along the lines of what many others are now hearing.

Just to keep you up to speed, we are expecting our first showroom F pace in the next 10 days and Jaguar have suggested that First Edition customer sold deliveries to the dealers will be on or around 16th April. Working on recent experience with new XE and XF I imagine there will be a hold on the cars until Jaguar are absolutely ready but I would hope that we will get you in your new F pace before the end of April.

Not sure if they would be raising my hopes if the June delivery is still true.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I need to replace the car before the end of July and I still have not managed to get any info out of the dealer I have told them if I do not get a delivery date of before the end of july within the next two weeks I am going to cancel the order and find a different vehicle that can be delivered before July end.
I should not have to put these kinds of ultimatums.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jags cat said:
I've had a PDF with Common order number etc on it so I think its loaded up now. What model year does anyone with a confirmed date have on their order ? I've still not had a build or delivery date though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The whole subject of delivery dates is full of uncertainty.

I ordered my 2.0 litre R-Sport just over 2 weeks ago having delayed and deliberated for 3 months until I could actually touch and feel one. With hindsight, delaying my order was a poor decision as delivery durations are now extensive. They also appear to be a moving target with dealerships unable to accurately predict when ordered cars will be available.

On placing my order, I was told that the likely delivery of my car would be Nov/Dec but that I should perhaps base on Jan/Feb 2017 'to be on the safe side'. This dealership openly stated that they prefer to give the pessimistic view to the customer and then hopefully be able to give good news when dates are confirmed, rather than the reverse should dates extend. A good approach I feel.

I picked up from this forum the apparent variability of quoted delivery durations which appear to be linked to individual dealership allocations. I therefore, out of interest, decided to phone 3 other relatively local Jaguar dealerships just to get a feel for how they see the situation for an order placed with them this weekend. Interesting responses were as follows......

Dealer 1 stated that they are looking at end of year deliveries realistically but hopeful could be sooner.
Dealer 2 stated October/November. When pushed they said they could not certain but it's 'what they had been told'...!?!?!?
Dealer 3 also stated October/November based on best information available but obviously there was no guarantee at this time.

In other words, no dealer can be precise on car deliveries so far in the future. It is out of their hands until Jaguar formally advises the actual build schedule of the ordered car.

All mentioned that cars will be unveiled in showrooms this weekend and therefore they expect a further surge in orders which will further extend delivery durations.

To be honest, had those dealerships quoting October/November deliveries been more positive about those dates, I may have been tempted to cancel my order at my selected dealership and re-order elsewhere as I would dearly love to get the car sooner, However, with all the uncertainty, I think I'll just bide my time and hope deliveries accelerate as more cars are shipped.

Would welcome members thoughts on this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts