Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of a black FPace with no Black. (Even other dark colours that show that grey plastic stuff).

When I was on the configurator the big grey plastic thing at the back made me think of a Skoda or Ford / Volvo. The bits on the side of door I'm not sure about or is that a reflection on the configurator. ? The side vents don't bother me and I could always Carbon them with retailer fit option.

I'm now in a position I'm changing my order even though its been sitting there for a while. (i've got time unfortunately).
I'm even playing around with Storm Grey and maybe doing away with Black but with all the other extras I'm now looking at I'm trying to keep around 60 or even less if I drop a few things like Black Pack.

I've seen Black on Black on Black wheels and it looks pretty good but just seeing if I can find a few more pics or experiences.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I do believe that that is the Ultimate Black with no black pack. Personally that is the option I have gone for as although black black black looks pretty mean, I think the contrast of the Ultimate Black with the chrome grill will look pretty nice all the same

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Mbadger77

Looks like we almost have some private conversations going on today!

You're about a week behind me in the endless configurator cycles! All I would say is completely ignore the colour guides. Go see them in person. They all look totally different to the configurator. My very patient dealer lined up a number of XE/XF cars for me to look at. All the special options paints don't look special at all. IMHO don't waste your money on them.

I also resisted the black pack for as long as I could .. I felt a little aggrieved at paying for an S and then paying to remove the S silver trim items! .. but there is no denying the matt black standard items look a little grey, especially with the black wheel options.

Conclusion I came to was light colours need the black pack and black needs the black pack. Other dark colours look fine with the silver trim and matt black standard trim as long as you have non-black wheels fitted. Does any of that make sense?!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi Mbadger77

Looks like we almost have some private conversations going on today!

You're about a week behind me in the endless configurator cycles! All I would say is completely ignore the colour guides. Go see them in person. They all look totally different to the configurator. My very patient dealer lined up a number of XE/XF cars for me to look at. All the special options paints don't look special at all. IMHO don't waste your money on them.

I also resisted the black pack for as long as I could .. I felt a little aggrieved at paying for an S and then paying to remove the S silver trim items! .. but there is no denying the matt black standard items look a little grey, especially with the black wheel options.

Conclusion I came to was light colours need the black pack and black needs the black pack. Other dark colours look fine with the silver trim and matt black standard trim as long as you have non-black wheels fitted. Does any of that make sense?!
Hi JLR - I think I was about 7 weeks AHEAD of you - until I found out my order wasnt locked down yet so I've time warped back.
I didn't know about the blind spot option and totally missed it so thanks . I've emailed to get that added and some other stuff then I thought I'd review the colours again.
I'm sort of with you as the Black Black does look good. I've seen it and posted pics here. That grey plastic bits on the back etc I'm just not convinced by and I think your right but just double checking my options. I do like the Storm Grey but at a £1700 premium !

·
Banned
444 Posts
Unfortunately the rear skirt / valance is finished in the slightly textured grey coloured plastic, even if you go for the black pack. It really doesn't make sense as the everything else is high gloss black.

so I have arranged to have the rear section removed and my excellent body shop will smooth of the textured bits and apply a plasticised high build primer and then finish in high gloss black.

The result I have no doubt will seriously enhance the rear end!

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Seconded although if I had spec'd black paint I would have opted for the standard S satin silver trim as a contrast to the black and put the money saved on black pack towards silver helix or grey turbines

·
Banned
444 Posts
HI JLRnumber5,

I stand corrected, my car is a Gibraltar specification 3.0 litre Diesel R- Sport, this variant is not available in UK. I have the Black pack but not the rear skirt / valance and it looks horrible, hence my desire to have the lower bit re finished in high gloss black.

The model designations on the F - Pace is not in sync with the other cars, I also have a F-Type R Coupe and in the hierarchy it is the top model, the S being one notch down, strange that Jaguar did not keep uniformity!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder, if you could spec a black pack on the First Edition how many people would have spec'd it?

Callum designed the First Edition and chose to exclude the black pack yet over 45% of orderers on this forum have spec'd the black pack on their cars - particularly it would appear on the lighter colours.

That said, he added black gloss side power vents to the FE which to me is still a bit random without the rest of the pack.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ajluker said:
I have ordered the Ultimate Black without black pack and without black wheels. Collecting on Friday so will put some photos on here.
Good news you lucky so and so - post some pics when you get a chance :)
I've gone for the black wheels but only as had chrome / silver wheels last time and there were no other options really. A gun metal grey or similar darkened colour would have looked great but they had a bit of that look on the FE ones.

The problem I had without black pack was that rear valance / grey plastic thing. I'm sure it looks fine in reality but when "dream configing" your car you try to get it looking at best you can. Again maybe a carbon, grey / contrast colour would have been good rather than what they went with.
yours will look great I know but all down to preference but also with the limitations of the config so feel a bit pushed towards some options.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Plenty of pics on this forum of an FE in ultimate black showing the chrome bits http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=442 . I personally prefer the black without the black pack but not sure about the rear grey lower trim, which I may get sprayed as it reminds me of a Ford Kuga.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ruski said:
Plenty of pics on this forum of an FE in ultimate black showing the chrome bits http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=442 . I personally prefer the black without the black pack but not sure about the rear grey lower trim, which I may get sprayed as it reminds me of a Ford Kuga.
A ford Kuga - you've hit the nail on the head. I just don't know what they were thinking
If I could just swap that bit I'd happily leave the rest - maybe a black front grill as well.
Only reason I went black pack (well primary reason) was to cover the grey cheap plastic looking thing on the back !!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ruski said:
Seconded. As much as I prefer the satin chrome S elements to black pack against my colour choice the rear trim is questionable and 'Kuga/ Qashqai-ish'.

Whilst I've also considered changing the colour to shiny black in the future it may look a little unbalanced against the rest to me (Rear black/ front silver). Oh, and if you change the colour of the rear silver trim you would need to change the parking sensors too obviously. Not sure if they can be painted over or that would be a Jag sensor replacement.

Then I revert to Callum's design and reckon it's likely to grow on me as it did in my black Evoque Dynamic without black pack.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Parking sensors can be painted provided they are removed from the rubber seal that surrounds them. If you have a damaged rear end and need to replace the parking sensors they come in primer and require paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts