Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R-Sport build date was for the middle of this month, with delivery to the dealer for the end of May.
After noticing other people's build dates moving around over the last few days I thought I'd give my dealer a call to check the latest developments, if any.
He returned my message to say it was offloaded to them an hour before!!!
Just need to get the PDI done and then delivery very soon! (To be confirmed) :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I contacted my dealer on Tuesday to ask the same question, He advised me that they have a meeting every morning to discuss all orders and their status is checked by the salesman to confirm build or deliveries due for the next few days. He couldn't believe that some dealers had no idea when cars had been built let alone being delivered! :eek:
Like some are finding on the forum.. Some dealers are, it would appear
more pro active than others in some areas of customer service. Let's hope that he has some good news for me next week, as that's my build week, with thier first non FE delivery before bank holiday hopefully...pretty please... nicely! ;)

No that just doesn't sound right from jags cat.... STOP *LOODY FANNYING ABOUT, and make sure its right and here... OR ELSE!!! I will come round there in the wee small hours and stick a BAT up your nightdress! :evil: :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Do you think he'd have let you know it was there if you hadn't called lol
I did the same and chased up but no such luck :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
When did you place your order so we have a clue as to how long we have to wait?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I know my salesman Dean is very much a car enthusiast like me too and has been particularly excited about this car and what it means for the dealership and the younger demographic it will bring to the brand. So being very keen to see the cars in various trim combos ( like us ) , he can't wait to see the cars too. I had my first conversations with Dean about this car in early 2014 when it didn't even have a name , as we ordered an sportbrake, knowing there was at least 2 years to wait for launch. As stated in earlier posts ,we didn't need to put deposit down as we had already purchased a number of cars previously from the group, however as Dean pointed out on the day I confirmed spec in Jan , even if I turned up and said no don't like it he would be able to sell it within 10 mins anyway as long as it was a good spec beacause of the demand for it!.
A good dealer has to be a given when you are talking about this sort of money, and that is why I have been so keen to bash Jaguar at times beacause they are letting the dealers get the flak over their own incompetence ( most of the time) with the delays and debarcale of information / Mis-information along with disclaimers and the usual PR statements that treat us like we are idiots, especially the FE launch / launches.... 3 ltr * alls ups!! Gurr :x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.