Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!

Just a quick intro, as I stumbled across this forum this morning and really enjoyed reading all the great content to date I just had to sign up :D

I placed my order for the f-pace at the beginning of August last year, then went over to the Frankfurt motor show to see it in the flesh, which was great. I've also had the joy of attending the preview event at the Solihull factory in November which was a great day out too.

Anyway order at the moment is:
F-Pace S 3.0 v6 Diesel
Ultimate black
Fixed panoramic roof
Privacy glass
22" double helix black and contrast alloys
Jet and red leather
Jet headlining
Gloss black trim finisher
14 way electric seats
Cold climate pack
Black pack
In control touch pro pack + meridian audio
Service pack
Gesture tailgate
Cup holder covers

Trying to keep it under 60k! :roll:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome, great spec..my order (below) placed 13th Jan and being told Sept delivery, how about you?

- FPACE S 3.0L Petrol Super Charged
- Glacier White, Black Pack and 22" Black Helix Wheels, ASR
- Sliding Panoramic roof and Privacy Glass
- LED Headlights and Practicality pack
- InTouch Control Pro and Mood Lighting
- 14 Way memory sports seats, black gloss trim, Taurus red/black leather
- Heated S Steering wheel and electric column

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No date yet, went in to the dealers to get a spec penciled in October last year, since then not heard anything back. At the factory day though they were talking about delays and possibly May / June before first customer deliveries.

I'm debating whether to go for the petrol or Diesel engine though so asked the dealer to call me before the order is finalised. What convinced you??? Or was your mind set?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forum..... Agree that this is a great place to discuss all things F Pace.... Great spec car.... Mine as follows:

3.0D S
White, Black Pack, Privacy Glass
LED Headlights
Panoramic Roof (Fixed)
22" Black Alloys
Red/Black seats
Mood lighting
Gesture tailgate
Spare wheel

I had my deposit down from Oct ..... firmed up my spec today with dealer and he thinks that the 3.0D cars may be arriving in May just after the FE's...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You lot are making me think to go for leds as well with your specs - so much for keeping it under £60k :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well, since we're on specs mine is

3.0D S
Dark Sapphire Blue
22" Turbines
LED lights
Privacy
Fixed Pano
Jet interior
Light Oyster headlining
In Control Pro 380w
Heated wheel
Gesture tailgate
Cross bars
Cup holders
Service pack
Full size spare (likely to be swapped to space saver - see the thread)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great spec, although another LED !!!! That's it I'm adding it too!

·
Registered
410 Posts
LoL, I'm just over £61...

Ref the petrol life is too short and I believe the residuals will be decent as will be sought after and few to choose from in a few years. Plus diesels are starting to take a beating as not green friendly. I also only do around 9000 a year mileage. Don't let me sway you though, I may be thinking with the wrong body part !!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Btw Newbie, I think the covered front cup holders at £50 are standard on the S, at least that's what my dealer stated but I don't think any of us are placing absolute faith in that at the moment as there seems a lot of ambiguity in specs and information at present?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really the dealer was the one pushing that option to me I wasn't overly fussed about it, but he says it looks cleaner.

I'm with you Dal on the petrol thing I don't do much miles, I have other cars to do the mundane journeys but this will be an occasional car. I have a diesel Evoque too so might be tempted to go for the petrol on this. But I was thinking the depreciation would take a wack. But there is no real gauge at the moment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
DAL said:

Ref the petrol life is too short and I believe the residuals will be decent as will be sought after and few to choose from in a few years. Plus diesels are starting to take a beating as not green friendly. I also only do around 9000 a year mileage. Don't let me sway you though, I may be thinking with the wrong body part !!
Damn you and your reasoned judgements for the V6 petrol over the diesel!

It is a head versus heart decision. My sensible-side has won in the form of a V6 diesel order but my former petrol-head side is unearthing itself which means I'm telling my dealer to not lock-down engine spec until they absolutely have to.

I too only do 9,000 pa and from a sensible point of view have the same concerns about the future of diesel, particularly large capacity diesel engines.

·
Registered
410 Posts
PaulC said:
DAL said:

Damn you and your reasoned judgements for the V6 petrol over the diesel!

It is a head versus heart decision. My sensible-side has won in the form of a V6 diesel order but my former petrol-head side is unearthing itself which means I'm telling my dealer to not lock-down engine spec until they absolutely have to.

I too only do 9,000 pa and from a sensible point of view have the same concerns about the future of diesel, particularly large capacity diesel engines.
If you have an Evoke diesel as your sensible car go for it, only yardstick is the Macan petrol residuals, ultimately only time will tell, in the meantime I'll be 1 Sec faster than the 3.0L D folk with a top sounding exhaust noise :mrgreen:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Job done then, petrol it is! :p

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is an interesting read folks:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1534992

Comparing the Petrol vs Diesel in the XF.

"... The next day, the climb up the Pyrenees is repeated in the 3.0-litre diesel and, well, it's preferable to the petrol. Yes, really. Aside from some very odd resonances on our car, generally it sounds better - which is strange."

"....the diesel's greater torque destroys the petrol on the straights and, pleasingly, works those rear tyres harder too."...

·
Registered
410 Posts
The 3L petrol in the F PACE is the F Type engine, not sure if the XF engine is the same?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Look like it is

ABSOLUTE POWER

XF S is available with the powerful 3.0 litre V6 380PS supercharged petrol engine also found in F-TYPE S. It generates thrilling performance with optimum efficiency and refinement. The unit's 450Nm of torque delivers 0-60mph acceleration in as low as 5.0 seconds and a top speed of 155mph.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/xf/models/xf-s.html

·
Registered
381 Posts
Another review of the V6 Diesel in the XF this time compared to the BMW 535d

But, where the BMW nails the high notes, the XF's V6 does the dirty on it from the get-go. It offers a monstrous landslide of torque (albeit needing a few more revs for the full 516lb ft), but the throttle is sharper than the 535d's, so minute dalliances surge the Jag forward properly quickly. It just feels so strong, a bulletproof powerhouse. It's not at all fussed by the Beemer's linear top end, because the Jag has already booted itself down the road, and the 8spd automatic is doing a sterling job of marshalling up the gears and starting the whole onslaught again. Jag has been threatening for some time to nail the calibration of this transmission as well as BMW works the same hardware, and the XF is where it hits the mark.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/review/showdown-jaguar-xf-vs-bmw-5-series#1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh man, this is too confusing!!!! :shock:

Good thing I don't have to firm up my order any time soon! I think I'll make a call at the very last minute.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts