Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This is my first post but I have been reading this forum and the us forum for a couple of months now.
I am going for a test drive in the f pace S Diesel 3.0 in the next week or so but wanted some clarity on some of the problems I have read about. Are they specific models like fe or general to all models?
Common problems I have read about are
Bonnet out of alignment
Battery terminals loose
Icpt reboots crashes (I am going for Pro)
Front parking sensors temperamental
Rear suspension creak noise
These problems appear to be pretty consistent.
Are there fixes for any of these as much as I know I will love the car I have to make sure my wife does not call me 50 times a day at work with a new problem. I want an easy life :)
Appreciate all cars have issues but these issues seem to have not had any solutions yet by Jlr.

So excited about the test drive though.

Any advice and info welcome. I have never owned a jag but my brother has had an XE for 2 months and no problems at all with Icpt etc etc.

K

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello!

I been driving my 3.0D, with great pleasure, for a month now without any of the problems you mention. The only issue I have is a "whistling noice whilst accelerating (not a turbo sound)" described at http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1027

I don't think that you should interpret that everyone have all the problems mentioned ;-)

I still can't decide what I like most, the way it looks or the way it drives...

Good luck with your test drive!

Regards,
Magnus.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
After first day and 70 miles ICTPro ( which had the latest software update issued 11th July) won't give me access to cameras, reverse camera does not initiate so I get 360 graphic parking sensor guidance only. It locked up CD won't play, tells me CD ERROR please clean and re-insert CD. I would if it would bloody eject it!!!!! Push eject and nothing........have to pull over lock up leave and return later. Pain in arse yes, fed up with it yes, done it everyday since Fruday and I've only driven 148 miles. Dealer and Jag have been emailed will my point and case and we shall see where this goes. If you can put up with that everything else is awesome!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Magnus and Carl

Magnus nice to hear all things good and I am pretty sure it is the majority with no real problems.

Carl I agree that the problem you have with Icpt is the one I have read about a fair bit and this is one of my concerns. I have worked in IT for 20 plus years now and it all sounds like software problems and maybe with only specific specs and options. I see you have the camera surround which I wonder if it's only this spec which had the issues? It will get fixed but just concerned that Jlr have not manage to resolve some of these problems. Carl have you had the battery terminals all checked as I am sure I have read someone that they were loose which may cause some issues?
Thanks for all the info and anyone else have any of these issue be good to know as I want to get Jlr to resolve these for everyone and at least I will know what to look out for once it has been delivered (not that I have ordered it yet but it's going to be hard to resist unless the test drive car breaks down)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
kasfranks99 said:
Hi Magnus and Carl

Magnus nice to hear all things good and I am pretty sure it is the majority with no real problems.

Carl I agree that the problem you have with Icpt is the one I have read about a fair bit and this is one of my concerns. I have worked in IT for 20 plus years now and it all sounds like software problems and maybe with only specific specs and options. I see you have the camera surround which I wonder if it's only this spec which had the issues? It will get fixed but just concerned that Jlr have not manage to resolve some of these problems. Carl have you had the battery terminals all checked as I am sure I have read someone that they were loose which may cause some issues?
Thanks for all the info and anyone else have any of these issue be good to know as I want to get Jlr to resolve these for everyone and at least I will know what to look out for once it has been delivered (not that I have ordered it yet but it's going to be hard to resist unless the test drive car breaks down)

Thanks
Im almost at 200 miles now so tyres are scrubbed in. I loved my Evoque but handling was a tad iffy......my god the FP is incredible!!! You forget the size of car it is!! Those 22" wheels are incredible. You turn in and the torque vectoring pulls you in tighter and faster!!! I was flabbergasted!!! The 2.9 is plenty good enough for the car in my opinion. Whilst I'd love the SC for the noise, trading noise for the amount of toys I have I'd go toys. If there was no budget it would be both!! Despite the ICTP and camera issue which better get fixed I don't regret ordering it, just spend lots of time on the configurator and checking out colour and wheel combinations. I've seen some which look awful and some which look awesome!! It can be one thing which changes a colour to work or not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the info and can't wait for the test drive this Friday. There is nothing else on the road that looks as cool as this car. I am also sure not many that will drive like it either.

Below is spec I am looking at going for. Any advice welcome and also looking at Adsr but I really don't know exactly how it works and what it does?
Also I love the 22" wheels but what about road noise?

Remember I need an easy life when I am at work and the wife is driving it. ;) The gadgets are for me at the weekend :D

F Pace S 3.0 Diesel
Rhodium Silver
Privacy Glass
14 way sport seats with memory
IctPro (380w)
Gesture Tailgate
19" space saver
Interior mood lighting
Advanced parking assist pack

Thanks
Kas

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Kas

Welcome! I'm sure you are going to be blown away by the test drive. I guess you are test driving a 3.0dS? What size wheels? I've had a total of 2 hours in a demonstrator with 22" rims, and the comfort, lack of road noise, and handling all far exceeded my expectations (and those of my current RR 2.0 Si4 Dynamic Evoque)

Personally I don't think the car works with <20" wheels. It was designed around the 22s and therefore the 19s look a little too small IMO. You don't say if you are considering black wheels, and if you are then I think you can easily get away with 20" as the line between wheel and tyre is less visible.

I would say however that the matt finish on the 22s is the reason I went for them.

So in your case I would go 20s if black, or the 22" turbines (they are a bargain compared to other large rims and they look fantastic). I'd mitigate some of that extra cost by dropping the park assist. It's fun (I've had it for 4 years) but quite often you have to intervene to stop it kerbing a wheel. Most of the time it works well but occasionally it makes a total hash of things! It's one option I am happy not to have this time around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's 3.0dS but not sure on wheels on the demo car.

I am sold on the 22" now as they look awesome. Standard is 20" but 22" I will go for providing road noise is acceptable.

Thanks for info on the park assist which is was never 100% on anyway.
What does the surround camera and the 360 parking aid do exctly?
Also any info on AdSR?

Many thanks
Kas

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
While I've gone for the 22" on a 3.0 S/C, I have to say, driving a demonstrator with said wheels round the 'concrete' section of M25 from A3 to Jnct 8, the road noise from the tyres was quite loud.... Other than that it was fine..

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like AdSR is worth it especially at £155
I will take a look at the black pack on Friday.

Now just need to look at the camera 360 options. Not sure what the difference between the 360 Parking aid and surround camera system is?

Seem to be similar or am I missing something?

This forum is great. I love doing my research before going to see the car so at least I know as much or probably in a lot of cases more than the dealer :roll:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
corriescar66 said:
While I've gone for the 22" on a 3.0 S/C, I have to say, driving a demonstrator with said wheels round the 'concrete' section of M25 from A3 to Jnct 8, the road noise from the tyres was quite loud.... Other than that it was fine..
Everything sounds noisy on that stretch!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
kasfranks99 said:
Looks like AdSR is worth it especially at £155
I will take a look at the black pack on Friday.

Now just need to look at the camera 360 options. Not sure what the difference between the 360 Parking aid and surround camera system is?

Seem to be similar or am I missing something?

This forum is great. I love doing my research before going to see the car so at least I know as much or probably in a lot of cases more than the dealer :roll:
Surround camera is very cool but I think it's appeal in every day use is a bit limited. Again an option I have had on other cars as they came as part of the package, but wouldn't pay for. However if you are getting yourself into situations where knowing exactly what's around you is important, then go for it.

If you are using it to park close to a kerb, I think the dipping nearside wing mirror is more useful, and comes as part of the seat memory pack.

Personally I would not choose the option and spend it on the 825W Meridian upgrade instead :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Kas

I'd forget the gesture tailgate as well. When I was picking up my car, a couple were picking up theirs as well, they just couldn't get the hang of what to do. The rep did it first time every time, but they all looked stupid. You have to kick your foot under the rear bumper from the right hand side standing next to the rear wheel.

I nearly went for it, but so glad I didn't, in my opinion, a waste of money.

FYI, the key fob has a button which opens the boot lid or you can do it the old fashioned way. I would either save the money or put it towards another option instead

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catalyst said:
Hi Kas

I'd forget the gesture tailgate as well. When I was picking up my car, a couple were picking up theirs as well, they just couldn't get the hang of what to do. The rep did it first time every time, but they all looked stupid. You have to kick your foot under the rear bumper from the right hand side standing next to the rear wheel.

I nearly went for it, but so glad I didn't, in my opinion, a waste of money.

FYI, the key fob has a button which opens the boot lid or you can do it the old fashioned way. I would either save the money or put it towards another option instead
Noooooooooooooooooooo disagree! Love the gesture tailgate ... works really well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmmmm. Decisions decisions.

I think I will try the gesture tailgate but I could live without it especially now I am planning to go for the 22" wheels. I know the kids will try and copy me and kick the car. :oops:
I am going for all the top seats and memory so will have the wing mirror dip which I have on my Audi. (Took me two years to realise I had it though and now I love it).
Anything hat will help me protect the alloys is great so the surround camera / 360 parking aid is still on the cards.

Anyone got pictures out there of Silver or glacier white with 22" Double Helix in silver finish or 22" Turbine in chrome (wife won't have black wheels)

I have never owned a Jag and never wants to until the F Pace.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
HI there....... Like others have said I think that you will be blown away with the test drive..... With respect to the problem list, I am now over a month into owning my car and not had any issues what-so-ever (kiss of death statement now I suspect LOL)...

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
kasfranks99 said:
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the info and can't wait for the test drive this Friday. There is nothing else on the road that looks as cool as this car. I am also sure not many that will drive like it either.

Below is spec I am looking at going for. Any advice welcome and also looking at Adsr but I really don't know exactly how it works and what it does?
Also I love the 22" wheels but what about road noise?

Remember I need an easy life when I am at work and the wife is driving it. ;) The gadgets are for me at the weekend :D

F Pace S 3.0 Diesel
Rhodium Silver
Privacy Glass
IctPro (380w)
Gesture Tailgate
19" space saver
Interior mood lighting
Advanced parking assist pack

Thanks
Kas
Hi Kas,

I kinda went loopy on options and stayed 2.0. So took up most options to be fair. Stuff you must have......
Black pack
22" wheels
£35 dummy bonnet vents :lol:
Black headliner
Privacy
Mood lighting - purple so cool!!
14 way seats are good memory also gives dipping mirrors in reverse but memory was £800 extra and I'd spent enough by then!
InControl pro with 825 watt
All round cameras
Adaptive Dynamics included Adsr
**FIXED PANO ROOF TOO**

That would be my minimum subject to budget.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Btw you mentioned road noise on 22", whether in normal or dynamic setting personally I find it to be minimal. Road texture is the biggest cause of noise as another member said, and those concrete roads on a section of M25 seem to howl whatever you drive (previously 20" on my Evoque). Certainly the normal roads it is excellent and the handling truly is amazing for such a large tall car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so I now have an updated spec below.
A lot of stuff is standard on the S model which is good. Still £8.5k worth of extras though but that includes th wheels, 5 year service etc.

A lot of good advice on this forum.

F Pace S 3.0 Diesel
Rhodium Silver
22" Double Helix
Privacy Glass
IctPro (380w)
19" space saver
Interior mood lighting
Cup holders with cover
5 Year service pack
Incontrol secure
Advanced parking assist pack (TBC)
Black Pack S (TBC)

It's like counting the days to Christmas when you are a kid. Can't wait for Friday's test drive.

I am part ex a Audi Q5 which is 2 years old. Will they give me a price now in the part ex and honour it when delivery of the F Pace is due around Decemeber? I know there is very little discount on the F Pace so hoping for a very good Part ex deal.

Thanks
Kas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts