Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been watching and reading for a couple of weeks and see a mixture of really unhappy owners and some really happy owners. I find my enthusiasm somewhat dampened but my knowledge and suspicion heightened because of your contributions so thank you all as I have undoubtedly gained a better understanding - and I guess that's one of the aims of forums like this.

When the F-Pace was launched, I wasn't in a position to move forward but just a few short months later, Ive been unable to resist the calling of the First Edition I saw in the early days.... and so I pick my First Edition (with 500 miles on the clock) tomorrow (Sat 22/10) from Guy Salmon in Maidstone, Kent.

Ive given her the once over this afternoon and signed my life away. Im trading in my 2015 XF 3.0 S (275BHP) and am really excited and pleased. Worried about ICTP issues and panel gaps but with a good play in the car today all seems initially ok. Ive installed my SIM (from the Amazon link placed elsewhere on this forum - thanks!) and got my remote app working - just not driven her yet (Im not sure why she is a she!) - but expecting her to be the same as the 3.0S i had for a 24 hour test drive - just with a few more toys!

With so many negative posts about ICTP etc Im am anxious and cant help think / worry how / why Guy Salmon have this car back - anyone here know a history of 1st Edition reg ending ****EBD...?

To end positively - the dealership have been great and have assured me of their continued support - so I am excited and looking forward to my new F-Pace & will post any story of interest to others here.

Thanks all for your valued contributions.

David

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi David,
There were a lot of speculators, so not necessarily a return for problems. I have had mine for a week, it is different to my 5 series, in some ways good, some ways different, but I do not think any worse at the moment. IMHO, the ITCP makes the interior of this car, and I wouldn't be without it.
Get some pics up after you have picked her up :)
Piers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check all shut lines! You need to ask yourself why you can now purchase such a stunning limited edition car( only 200 made ) 6 month after they were made You can check on topix?? If you get vin number???What has been done to the car ( not good with computers but if you check other post it will be explained) sorry to be negative but mine is going back Monday..... that's it been fixed lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi David. Sounds like you've gone in with your eyes wide open so that's a good place to start. There's so many great things to love about these cars so revel in the positive and lean hard on your dealer to sort out the bad.

Good luck and keep posting!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I have had mine two weeks now, main problem I have with ICTP is the CD / DVD doesn't eject 90% of the time, but eventually will after a cold start. It is a niggle, so,ermines the media app plays up a bit nit connecting to my iPhone which is cable connected, and apparentky the reversing camera picture went blank in my wife once. None of this have ruined the enjoyment of driving the car, which I have found awesome. You would hope the software problems get sorted after all they are only just apps probably running on a Linux based operating system. As I said the niggkes don't ruin my driving enjoyment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I apologise for the poor spelling and gramma. Dodgy typing on an iPad keyboard is to blame.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi David and welcome to the forum,
I love your opening line with happy and unhappy owners feedbacks...well, all I can say if I had taken into account of all the unhappy owners from my previous Jaguar forum I would not have ended up buying my dream car, the F-Type!!! I bought the car because it was love at first sight and I went ahead and bought the beauty despite all the negatives I read on some of the F-Type forums. Nothing was going to deter me from buying it because buying ANY car is not going to be problem free, its just a matter of luck, in my view. I had my beast for two years and it had 2300km on the clock 2013 production and had only 1 issue with the central vent that I had replaced immediately with no recurring problems. 2 glorious years with my first ever British car and I was smitten, so smitten by Jaguar I sadly traded my F-Type with 22500km on the clock for the F-Pace. Im really excited getting another historic first breed from Jaguar which is making big sounds around the car market at the moment.
My philosophy is, ignorance is bliss, to a certain extent, don't allow yourself to be bombarded with all the negatives or else you're journey in achieving your dreams or desires will be full of doubt.
Here's a picture of my baby which I traded with great pain :(

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Hi David and welcome.

Just a heads up.

I am sure the limited edition 200 first editions was the blue model like mine only and not available in any other colour.

Then they decided due to people wanting a first edition one and not having one available due to all being sold they released more first editions spec cars but in other colours but the limited 200 was only available in blue.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sod the ICTP at the moment, that will get fixed eventually, I agree, the system makes the interior of the car especially by flipping the satnav map in front of you.

Welcome btw ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for your comments & feedback.

Only picked her up at 4PM Saturday and its been a busy weekend so havent had chance to take any decent photos yet - but the First Editions are (pretty much) all the same so Im sure you've seen better pics! Ive attached a few 'quick' photos including one intending to show the rear shut lines look ok. (if Ive managed to work out how to attach pictures properly!)

In the main the panel gaps and all seem ok (to my untrained eye at least). ICTP hasn't missed a beat so far - but Ive only done 40 miles so not had chance to fully test it yet, let alone work it all out! ICTP is certainly a massive improvement over my 2015 XF - In fact its night and day - that system, although the car was only 18 months old, was like a slate and chisel in comparison!

There are two areas of plastic in the cabin that aren't in great order and Guy Salmon have undertaken to resolve these at their cost for me. I bought the car with 481 miles on the clock so I am pleased they are looking after me. I guess someone had a bunch of keys hanging out their trouser pocket when driving as there are several scratch marks over the hard plastic of the lower door panel and there is a smaller scratch just beneath the ICTP screen.

I should spend a few hours in her this week so I'll post thoughts again when she has stretched her legs a bit!

Thanks again all.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Really nice images - thank you. It is the colour for the FE.

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Bloody hell that really is the best colour for this car. Good luck (you might need it!)
Keep telling people the limited edition blue first edition are the best colour to have.

Not that i am biased.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the exclusive 200 blue first edition club.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks fantastic, enjoy it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its the best colour for the F-Pace, clever marketing from Jaguar and in a way it will muster a unique signature to that particular model. Sort of the same approach BMW to its M3 range using that bluey colour.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The caesium blue is beautiful and in 6 months time when there will be FPs everywhere, yours will be the one standing out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts