Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Picked up my F-Pace during the week and was feeling a bit left out, so thought I'd start a new "Ultimate Club" for those of us who chose Ultimate Black! Anyone else want to join?

Had a couple of long trips the day after I picked it up and so far, so good - loving it !! :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Very nice indeed and very shinny at present.

Good luck with the cleaning of the car, having had a black car before I know how hard they are to keep clean and not show polish marks.

Agree the calipers need to be painted.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes please Mr T, I'd like to join the 'ultimate' club. Does it matter that my car is BRITISH RACING GREEN but we don't have a club?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hopefully I will be a member soon!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks great, good luck keeping it clean! Really does look great sitting there though

·
Registered
141 Posts
Count me in....

Looking fwd to getting this black beauty back tomorrow after its 2.5 update

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

A question to the other Ultimate Club members as this is my first black car in about 20 years..
How easy are you all finding keeping it clean?

For me I had the car ceramic coated so I think that helps as dirt doesn't really stick to it and what does easily power washes off. My issue is more water marks not so much from rain but from washing the car. Got to dry it quick as we live in a very hard water area.

Any tips / advice from fellow UC members always welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes it keeps clean enough - I'm washing about every 4-5 weeks to get the shine back.
Now regards the water I had the same problem on top of the ceramic leaving marks which have to be polished off and defeating one of the purposes of the ceramic
I've found a top tip - aqua gleam I think it's called let me find link where I bought.
Makes water pure and clean - no marks at all !!

·
Registered
138 Posts
@blackjagmike

If water spotting is an issue because of hard water, you might wish to look into a DI (de-ionised) vessel for final rinse.

I've had one for a couple of years now and it ensures perfect clean, no water marks left rinsing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought a pack of those micro-fibre fleece drying towels (£15 for a pack of 10) and I have to say they are brilliant. They are so absorbent and leave a really lovely finish.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks MBadger, Big PImp & Bonkers (Sounds like part of the cast of Trainspotting!!)

Think that could be Xmas sorted for moi

Cheers

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
No worries the AquaGleam is great. Wash the car normally then this big tube attaches inline to your hose (you will need short length of hose / adapters) then rinse with the clean water and even when warm it wont dry with those hard water mark streaks.
I washed, dried and finished the car in 39 mins the other day which I thought was pretty good and car was nice and shiny.
used to spend a lot longer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.