Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to forum but after a long wait collect my f pace tomorrow a portfolio with extras that I have forgotten what they are its a auto in amonite with 20" venom wheels

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Enjoy the day and don't forget to post some images on the dedicated 66 plate thread that Catwoman has created.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the detailed F-Pace madhouse. Look forward to your pics when you can#

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, just joined forum
Ordered FPace in June with delivery September but now looks like October (I hope)
Anyone else out there ordered in June?
Just trying to get a feel for likely delivery as I tend not to believe dealer

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi Ron. It does vary a lot from dealer to dealer. Generally they all get a limited allocation for the year (or coming period), so it can very much depend on how large your dealers allocation is and how well their sales have gone.
I originally ordered in March and was told I would be looking at December delivery. I got a bit twitchy and cancelled in June - only to decide a month later that I was being stupid. When I ordered again 3 weeks ago, I emailed round a few dealers until I found one who were quite responsive (unlike Jaguar Milton Keynes, where I had my original order) and were quoting the best delivery time. They tell me that my car will be built at the end of September for delivery in October.
Not 100% sure that will turn out to be true, but my fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi and welcome, I originally ordered 13th may to be told 9th dec delivery, then end june told 7th oct delivery, last week told 30th sept and I am hoping earlier maybe :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sod comparing delivery dates, we are comparing faults, rejection of cars and going En mass to Watchdog and the motoring press about how faecal the ICTP is!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ron 1302 said:
Hi all, just joined forum
Ordered FPace in June with delivery September but now looks like October (I hope)
Anyone else out there ordered in June?
Just trying to get a feel for likely delivery as I tend not to believe dealer
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the mad house. A great bunch and amazing source of information and fun.
I ordered end July and delivery is planned for 3rd week November. So I think your dates are reasonable.
Please let us know what you ordered. Most of us include the car and extras in the signature.

·
Registered
42 Posts
CarlFRZ434,
For everybody's sake, give it a rest. There are a lot of people on here looking forward to getting their cars, me included. We all sympathize with your plight on the ICTP and truly hope you get it sorted ASAP. However it doesn't seem that your problems are representative of the majority of people's experiences, so I don't understand why you feel the need to hijack every thread with your negativity.
There is a section on the forum for "Faults & Technical", it may be best to vent there if you feel the need?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I tend to agree with bucksjag. We all know you've had/have problems and they're being dealt with, let the rest of us enjoy our cars and sign off from the forum for a few days. It's become obsessive and monotonous, do yourself a favour.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Sorry, and with the greatest of respect to both bucksjag and Jacksoag, I just cannot agree with your stance on this and, may I add, I think you might feel pretty personally hurt and upset if others on the forum said something similar directed your way for whatever reason.

You may well find Carl's posts "monotonous and obsessive", but he has every right to post them if he wishes to, ad infinitum, and I completely defend that right. On a forum only the moderators can intervene and ask someone to desist or even remove posts. We are all entitled to express our opinions, you, me, Carl, everyone. You don't have to agree with them, you don't have to read them, you don't have to respond to them, if you don't wish to. No-one is forcing you.

We all know that in Carl's case he has had a particularly bad run with his car's reliability since he took delivery of it and it has just been in for repair for four days this week and still doesn't appear to be properly fixed. I would be as mad as hell if that had just happened to me and I would be doing everything possible to keep it 'out there' as a constant reminder to everyone and particularly those at JLR who read this forum; I am sure there are a number that do so.

In his defence, love him or loathe him, Carl is a very active member of this forum, contributing a great many more times than most of us, 483 posts to date since he joined at the end of May! You don't have to agree with him on anything, but neither should you try to silence him, or tell him to sign off for a few days. And for a lot of the time he is certainly not negative, even when faced with all the problems he is having. Anyway, I'm sure he's a big enough boy to defend himself and I look forward to seeing him do just that.

Best wishes to all F-Pacers on here, I am in the fortunate position of being able to say I am still not having any issues at all with my R-Sport (argh!...really tempting providence there!! :roll: )
Cat

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My car was at dealers yesterday - they are in total denial of the issues with ICTPro (mine are minor compared to some, but they exist, random radio, random non starting, Data randomly disabled off not no signal causing 3G loss), so actually, I consider myself lucky in some ways, JLR produce great cars but sometimes they produce absolute c**p! I think the poor response from the dealers comes down from JLR directly.
This forum is about sharing knowledge, some good tips, some excellent how to do advice, but we should also respect the individuals who are unlucky, anyone of us could be Jaguar victims and we should support each of them, it could as easily be us.
I am amazed that Carl hasn't just dropped the "give me my money back card" already... I wouldn't have had his patience!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Apologies! See your point.....,thank you for your words too Catwoman, you have hit the nail on the head, but that said, I can fully understand if my incessant whinging is growing tiresome......maybe it is time to back off on the complaining?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
catwoman said:
Sorry, and with the greatest of respect to both bucksjag and Jacksoag, I just cannot agree with your stance on this and, may I add, I think you might feel pretty personally hurt and upset if others on the forum said something similar directed your way for whatever reason.

You may well find Carl's posts "monotonous and obsessive", but he has every right to post them if he wishes to, ad infinitum, and I completely defend that right. On a forum only the moderators can intervene and ask someone to desist or even remove posts. We are all entitled to express our opinions, you, me, Carl, everyone. You don't have to agree with them, you don't have to read them, you don't have to respond to them, if you don't wish to. No-one is forcing you.

We all know that in Carl's case he has had a particularly bad run with his car's reliability since he took delivery of it and it has just been in for repair for four days this week and still doesn't appear to be properly fixed. I would be as mad as hell if that had just happened to me and I would be doing everything possible to keep it 'out there' as a constant reminder to everyone and particularly those at JLR who read this forum; I am sure there are a number that do so.

In his defence, love him or loathe him, Carl is a very active member of this forum, contributing a great many more times than most of us, 483 posts to date since he joined at the end of May! You don't have to agree with him on anything, but neither should you try to silence him, or tell him to sign off for a few days. And for a lot of the time he is certainly not negative, even when faced with all the problems he is having. Anyway, I'm sure he's a big enough boy to defend himself and I look forward to seeing him do just that.

Best wishes to all F-Pacers on here, I am in the fortunate position of being able to say I am still not having any issues at all with my R-Sport (argh!...really tempting providence there!! :roll: )
Cat
Cat,
I hear your views, but you have forgotten one vital thing, a lot of the forum have not received their cars, and his incessant complaining cannot even be defended until you have your car.

He can say what he likes I agree, but he must understand, that he is ruining the excitement of a new car arriving with a 3-6-9 month delay.

My 2p's worth.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hmm, reading these posts makes me see both sides of the story.

I nearly cancelled my own order about 6wks back because I was getting very nervous about the array of faults cropping up on folks' cars. I went and spoke to my dealer and I also trawled the forum looking for good news experiences, of which there were a good number. And so I pressed on with my order, partly because there isn't any other car I fancy out there!

So it's true that frequent posts from folk about the same problem does unnerve those of us who haven't yet had their cars delivered.

On the other hand, I think Carl's posts are more than just the venting of frustration. If I were in his position I would use every means at my disposal to get JLR to sit up and take notice of the fact I had given them £63k for a car that really doesn't work properly. And one of those channels would be social media like this forum.

So, if anyone from JLR is reading this post, the moral of the story is that Carl's posts are having an affect upon those of us who have either ordered or are considering ordering their cars. In addition, the problems are making it into media articles such as Parkers online.

The way to stop folk like Carl is for JLR to fix the problem and to keep in regular contact with him until they do. In the meantime, I agree with Catwoman - post whatever you like as long as it's not rude or in bad taste. Self moderation from the Community is a powerful thing and better than Moderators having to pile in and act as umpires.

An interesting thread, albeit hijacked by us when it was a new guy/girl introducing themselves to us all. Carl, choose your threads carefully my friend, just a suggestion.

Arianne

·
Registered
117 Posts
My f pace experience has been absolutely great from start to finish. All very pleasant and knowledgable sales staff, good quality coffee and biscuits, nothing has been too much trouble for them, despite my jitters about colour. They have kept me well informed over the the last 4 months and 3 days.
Today was the day, it was like going on a blind date, waiting for the reveal. She turned out to be a good looker, and so pleased I stuck with my original choice of BRG. The FP wasn't quite so fortunate when she saw me. We have only been together for 3 hours now but I feel we will have a long and happy relationship.
It's pouring down today so she's in the garage, but good weather tomorrow, so hopefully a nice long run.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AISnr,
Was that you picking up from Amersham this morning by any chance? I also collected this morning and noticed a BRG car being collected - I hadn't seen one before, it looked very classy. Whether it was you or not, enjoy :). I also have had a good buying experience, just 3.5 months from order to delivery - I just hope the ownership experience matches it (initial impressions are very good). Hoping for some better weather tomorrow to explore further. Enjoy the rest of your first weekend with it!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
So like others have said I can see both sides here. There may have been moments before I took delivery when I felt some of the negativity around the car was dampening my enthusiasm. Having had the car for 24 hours now and experienced an increasing number of faults with ICTP (it still has a CD it won't eject!) and other parts too (sunroof blind is now jammed in the half open position) I say "go for it Carl".

Don't get me wrong I still love it but we need people who are prepared to make a stand to ensure we get the car we deserve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.