Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I have a 22 ultra blue svr fully loaded s/r. Hud. Pixel led’s electric deployable t bar. Upgraded meridian audio. 22” propellor alloys carbon trim int light pack etc
My car has been a pain from day one.
on pick up i noticed the panel gaps on doors were inconsistent , loud wind noise @ 70+ mph issues wirh s/r
As well as a much louder tyre roar road noise than expected. Car had to go back fortnight ltr to have s/r re aligned as well as doors taken off & re hung. A few other buggy issues to try & rectify. So far its been in 3 times as they cant find the wind noise ( had hoped by having doors re aligned this would go) or more to point where its coming from so if anyone has had same & found from where do please let me know. I would like to swap out rhe tyres maybe for michalin pilot sports 4s as had them on a bmw alpina & were superb. Dont rate pireli due to the so called noise foam inside which does not do its job & causes many issues when a repair is needed. Have many gremlins ie sometimes mirrors wont fold open when unlock and starting engine. Also when starting the car revs about 1500 for a few min but once it drops off the pull away is bit laggy & not smooth. Then even when car warm if i stop for about 1-2 hrs & restart car it revs agin high as if on its first cold start. Never had this issue on any other car as once warm they normally stay warm most of day. Dealer at hatfield says its normal. But they say so is the wind noise which is BS. Car has now done 1900 miles but still does 17 mph local or 20-21 on a run. Yet others get far more mpg than myslef. Cost to fill up about when car flashes first “fill up” on screen is £180 from sainsburys. Not good. Same size engine in a bmw would give 24 mpg around town as my old f10 M5 did. New pivi pro is ok still Nowhere as good or as quick as the germans tho. As for the meridian upgraded audio This was far better & louder richer sounding in my 19plate range rover sport

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 5.0 V8 does hold high revs on starting (so does the V6 petrol), also does it when warm, most of the time, unless restarted within a few minutes. This is by design, not a fault so your dealer is correct. Tyre noise - yup, mine is on Continentals and I'd say they are noisier than I expected too. Can't say either of my cars are laggy from pull off though, but neither has the low down grunt of my previous V6 diesel so need a tad more throttle at pull off, but less in the V6 than the V8. Wind noise - my F-Pace was noisier than I expected, compared to my XF-S, though mine doesn't have a glass roof. Put this down to the larger, bulkier body style, so again, your dealer is likely correct. I don't understand you complaining about fuel consumption of a stonking huge 5.0 V8 supercharged petrol engine, in a high state of tune, in a big heavy bodied car. If you think that, you bought the wrong car. Sounds like you really, really hate the car and are looking to find fault wherever you can?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 5.0 V8 does hold high revs on starting (so does the V6 petrol), also does it when warm, most of the time, unless restarted within a few minutes. This is by design, not a fault so your dealer is correct. Tyre noise - yup, mine is on Continentals and I'd say they are noisier than I expected too. Can't say either of my cars are laggy from pull off though, but neither has the low down grunt of my previous V6 diesel so need a tad more throttle at pull off, but less in the V6 than the V8. Wind noise - my F-Pace was noisier than I expected, compared to my XF-S, though mine doesn't have a glass roof. Put this down to the larger, bulkier body style, so again, your dealer is likely correct. I don't understand you complaining about fuel consumption of a stonking huge 5.0 V8 supercharged petrol engine, in a high state of tune, in a big heavy bodied car. If you think that, you bought the wrong car. Sounds like you really, really hate the car and are looking to find fault wherever you can?
i agree i did buy the wrong car, i wanted a smaller car than my range rover & because that was so highly specced up , i specced a 3.0 d portfolio & r dynamic with every option inc 18way seats etc. once i saw cost i did not see the value so decided to go whole hog on an svr. Came out at 85k. So at that price i expected a car that was not as harsh on the road both in road noise & ride. & i sure did not expect a car to come with doors & sunroof all misaligned and needing to be re sat. Quality control? There was none at svr. as to what i expect on a big stonking v8 engine. As previously mentioned i have owned “big stonking v8s in high state of tune “ in all the german marks & none of them were as Poor on fuel as this car & yes they are just as heavy & just as large some were larger ! i dont expect nor accept issues at this price point. & i expect because of jaguars poor build quality its one of the reasons customers go elsewhere! i will be keeping the car due to the eccomomic climate but will insist on finding the faults to rectify. thanks for your reply

·
Registered
132 Posts
I get where you're coming from and understand your frustrations. I'm a fan of JLR so will be biased. I've bought their products for many years and likely have got used to their foibles. Comparing Jaguar against German is a tad unfair, Jaguar, as a brand, make a tiny number of cars compared to say BMW. Yes, the price is high on a highly specced F-Pace SVR, but it's hand built off the production line. The basics should still be right though, of course. Panel gaps on even an Aston Martin were well known to be a bit off, and they're another magnitude of price over a Jaguar. Some of the issues you have quoted are characteristics of the F-Pace, they cannot be cured, such as the high engine revs at start-up. Wind noise and panel gaps, I hope your dealer can rectify these, to some extent. Road noise - partly down to tyres and I suspect suspension design, I doubt you'll fully cure this. The F-Pace SVR is a lovely car to own and drive. I hope you can adjust to it and come to like it, in time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get where you're coming from and understand your frustrations. I'm a fan of JLR so will be biased. I've bought their products for many years and likely have got used to their foibles. Comparing Jaguar against German is a tad unfair, Jaguar, as a brand, make a tiny number of cars compared to say BMW. Yes, the price is high on a highly specced F-Pace SVR, but it's hand built off the production line. The basics should still be right though, of course. Panel gaps on even an Aston Martin were well known to be a bit off, and they're another magnitude of price over a Jaguar. Some of the issues you have quoted are characteristics of the F-Pace, they cannot be cured, such as the high engine revs at start-up. Wind noise and panel gaps, I hope your dealer can rectify these, to some extent. Road noise - partly down to tyres and I suspect suspension design, I doubt you'll fully cure this. The F-Pace SVR is a lovely car to own and drive. I hope you can adjust to it and come to like it, in time.
many thanks & as i said always good to hear another persons views which is very helpful i may add. If i can cure wind noise which i do think is more than its supposed to be ie poss issue could be windscreen fitment issue or something else. If i can cure this i would be happy, as i am
getting more used to the car. Its a car that has to be driven & i dont get the time to really drive it as my place of work is 5 min from where i live on country lanes full of bikes so no real oportunity to open the taps. However i will say this. Its still the best looking of the sporting suv’s other than its bigger brother the range rover sport & poss RsQ8. Many thanks for the helpful discussion

·
Registered
369 Posts
My passenger door not as flush fitting as the drivers from inside you can see the paint through the edge of door cards you can see it’s out as there is more of a gap between the top of door cars and the inner pillar . Looks linked a mould issue as they lent me one and that was the same
I have a creaking tailgate but again they all do it
Bmw don’t do a 5 litre so your not going get the same miles per litre . I get 17 around town and almost 30 mpg on a run
Mine also self revs
My door sill on the drivers side is slightly sticking out I’ve seen others and they stick out even more from both sides
I give up worrying and just enjoy it itzs a fantastic machine

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's a Jaguar, it's British built. At least they no longer have cigarette burns on the upholstery direct from the factory as Leyland cars did in the 70's, so that's a huge improvement!

• Haha
Reactions: Syl

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its still the best looking of the sporting suv’s other than its bigger brother the range rover sport & poss RsQ8
Interesting about the RS Q8. Obviously styling is very personal and Audi Q8 is very successful.

But personally, I find the front and side profile on the Audi RS Q8 nice, but the appearance from behind pretty underwhelming.

Lots of heavy horizontal lines and awkward styling choices. To me it looks more like an over-sized pizza delivery car or a 1980s hatchback than its £120,000 price tag would suggest.

When driving up behind Q7s or Q8s from a distance, the illusion makes them appear to be somewhat smaller, and vastly cheaper cars than they actually are.

Attached SQ8, RSQ8 and a 1984 Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback!

(sorry to derail the topic!)

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting about the RS Q8. Obviously styling is very personal and Audi Q8 is very successful.

But personally, I find the front and side profile on the Audi RS Q8 nice, but the appearance from behind pretty underwhelming.

Lots of heavy horizontal lines and awkward styling choices. To me it looks more like an over-sized pizza delivery car or a 1980s hatchback than its £120,000 price tag would suggest.

When driving up behind Q7s or Q8s from a distance, the illusion makes them appear to be somewhat smaller, and vastly cheaper cars than they actually are.

Attached SQ8, RSQ8 and a 1984 Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback!

(sorry to derail the topic!)

View attachment 9430
View attachment 9431
View attachment 9432
Ha that did make me smile so thank you for that. I do disagree but like you say taste is personal. If we all had same tastes we would all be driving black cars with black int😂

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't forget mpg will get better with miles. The V6 and V8 JLR engines are, relatively speaking, generally pretty good on fuel on a run for the performance on offer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't forget mpg will get better with miles. The V6 and V8 JLR engines are, relatively speaking, generally pretty good on fuel on a run for the performance on offer.
Hmn i have to disagree. Im sure it will improve slightly but on a semi rural route i only get 17 & on a motoway run i get 22-23. Most of the big 3 ie amg , rs, M also porche etc majority of theirs do 22/24 around town inc local runs & on a long run high 20s/30s

i do know my svr hates sitting in traffic or slow moving traffic if i can keep it rolling around 50 mph it will get 19-20

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmn i have to disagree. Im sure it will improve slightly but on a semi rural route i only get 17 & on a motoway run i get 22-23. Most of the big 3 ie amg , rs, M also porche etc majority of theirs do 22/24 around town inc local runs & on a long run high 20s/30s

i do know my svr hates sitting in traffic or slow moving traffic if i can keep it rolling around 50 mph it will get 19-20
Not sure why you’re seeing those figures. I’m averaging around 22 and on long runs about 28. Having said that I didn’t buy a 5 litre supercharged V8 SUV and then be concerned about fuel economy/costs. I fill up from empty to max a minimum of twice a month and sometimes 3 or 4 times a month. Yes it’s not cheap (£137 has been most expensive fill up so far and I always use Shell V-Max) but it is what it is. IMO the pleasure of driving the SVR and always having a big grin on my face far outweighs the costs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure why you’re seeing those figures. I’m averaging around 22 and on long runs about 28. Having said that I didn’t buy a 5 litre supercharged V8 SUV and then be concerned about fuel economy/costs. I fill up from empty to max a minimum of twice a month and sometimes 3 or 4 times a month. Yes it’s not cheap (£137 has been most expensive fill up so far and I always use Shell V-Max) but it is what it is. IMO the pleasure of driving the SVR and always having a big grin on my face far outweighs the costs.
Petrol was not as absurb a cost as it is at moment , but i did go out today round the 25😡 but did come home with it avarageing 26.5😁so thats first time on a run seen that so fingers crossed it keeps improving i also use my ac on recirc which i read helps Out of interest i use sainsbury petrol as i have read a really lot of mixed messages as to which fuel is better. I even watched a documentary a couple yrs ago on it all & a majority say supermarket fuel is as good & no different to say shell. Most say inc some of the car mags that the v max makes no difference to how a car performs. I would like to have tried i guess but no point now as i try & keep it brimmed after half a tank no point adding in v max now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Petrol was not as absurb a cost as it is at moment , but i did go out today round the 25😡 but did come home with it avarageing 26.5😁so thats first time on a run seen that so fingers crossed it keeps improving i also use my ac on recirc which i read helps Out of interest i use sainsbury petrol as i have read a really lot of mixed messages as to which fuel is better. I even watched a documentary a couple yrs ago on it all & a majority say supermarket fuel is as good & no different to say shell. Most say inc some of the car mags that the v max makes no difference to how a car performs. I would like to have tried i guess but no point now as i try & keep it brimmed after half a tank no point adding in v max now
Completely agree that petrol is at an absurd cost however I’ve had mine nearly 11 months and before it I had a petrol Audi SQ5 which used to cost £90 to fill up and that was when petrol was “more reasonable”, so I don’t really see a massive difference now when petrol is a lot more. A SVR is very much something you buy with your heart and not your head otherwise we’d all be driving something like 2 litre diesels and because of that you go into it knowing running costs will not be as cheap as running other things. It’s a bit like buying a big house and factoring in how expensive it will be to heat all the rooms.

Considering the used car market at the moment, if you are that deeply unhappy with yours, you could probably sell it and not lose anything/much at all. I even know of people who are coming out of cars less than 12 months old at the moment making a profit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
many thanks & as i said always good to hear another persons views which is very helpful i may add. If i can cure wind noise which i do think is more than its supposed to be ie poss issue could be windscreen fitment issue or something else. If i can cure this i would be happy, as i am
getting more used to the car. Its a car that has to be driven & i dont get the time to really drive it as my place of work is 5 min from where i live on country lanes full of bikes so no real oportunity to open the taps. However i will say this. Its still the best looking of the sporting suv’s other than its bigger brother the range rover sport & poss RsQ8. Many thanks for the helpful discussion
I'm not sure if it is possible yours being an SVR, but could the dealer not arrange a test drive in a like for like car. Which would enable you to either, hear/demonstrate the difference OR, at least to put your mind at ease. Even if you have to travel further afield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not sure if it is possible yours being an SVR, but could the dealer not arrange a test drive in a like for like car. Which would enable you to either, hear/demonstrate the difference OR, at least to put your mind at ease. Even if you have to travel further afield.
Thats a great idea & one i have asked them
however they did look to see if any in dealer group but at time no one had any other than a showroom model. Even asked jaguar uk to find one but alas neither could they nor really try to be honest. Its back in dealer today to try & solve other issues that surfaced as well as some they still could not fix

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like either a Friday special or unrealistic expectations? I’ve had mine 10 months and covered 12k in it and no real wind noise issues and no lag issues either! The ride is firm and the only way you’ll get better in this type of car is to go for the Rangie Sport SVR with its air suspension but that’s bigger, slower and more thirsty so it’s swings and roundabouts really! MPG fluctuates a lot - on a cold start on the run to school in a morning I’ll get 16-18 yet on the return leg 10 mins later I’ll get 20-22 once it’s warmed up. I’m averaging 21/22 overall and sensible driving on the motorway I’m consistently in the late 20’s and have even had 30.1 once! The best way I’ve found is to hide the trip computer and mileage, forget about it, open the valves run it manual sport and enjoy the noise and the plentiful pops & bangs - we won’t always be able to enjoy this type of car and it’s a fairly unique beast so I’m enjoying it whilst I can! No cars perfect, I’ve had plenty of German cars and to be fair personally I thought they were all pretty boring - they all understeer when pushed and nothing has sparked a smile and emotion like the F-pace on full chat down a backroad - even with the odd rattle!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sounds like either a Friday special or unrealistic expectations? I’ve had mine 10 months and covered 12k in it and no real wind noise issues and no lag issues either! The ride is firm and the only way you’ll get better in this type of car is to go for the Rangie Sport SVR with its air suspension but that’s bigger, slower and more thirsty so it’s swings and roundabouts really! MPG fluctuates a lot - on a cold start on the run to school in a morning I’ll get 16-18 yet on the return leg 10 mins later I’ll get 20-22 once it’s warmed up. I’m averaging 21/22 overall and sensible driving on the motorway I’m consistently in the late 20’s and have even had 30.1 once! The best way I’ve found is to hide the trip computer and mileage, forget about it, open the valves run it manual sport and enjoy the noise and the plentiful pops & bangs - we won’t always be able to enjoy this type of car and it’s a fairly unique beast so I’m enjoying it whilst I can! No cars perfect, I’ve had plenty of German cars and to be fair personally I thought they were all pretty boring - they all understeer when pushed and nothing has sparked a smile and emotion like the F-pace on full chat down a backroad - even with the odd rattle!
Good to know. my previous car was the range sport autobiog with every extra. I even had the merridion upgrade which was sublime. Zillion times better than the upgrade on my fpace. However it did cost nearly 4.5 k as apposed to extra 400. Personally the range is a far supirior car to this in every way. I did not have the rr svr as i see no reason for a rr to travel that quick. My neighbour does have a rr svr tho & its much louder & beefier sounding than the Fpace. Mine is part friday car part too high expectation its getting better & will get even better when i use a higher ron fuel but it will never make me smile ir feel like a king than my range rover sport diid. the ride on that with air springs was lovely. The f pace jolts my fillings much more than any of my M5s 3s. Yes i made a huge 85k mistake when buying this car. Mainly cos its a jag & built like a lump of crap. Give me a german made car anyday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts