Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Storm Grey 3.0d S at the dealers on Monday, with ICTP 2.5 software update and ceramic detailing already done at the dealers, but not by them. ;)

Very happy with it so far - no issues found with ICTP, plus quick start up and the connected functions are working fine once i got through all the account set up stuff. Panel alignment very good from the start. Car feels very quick compared with previous BMW 5 series 2.0d.

I'm loving it so far but not done many miles in it yet, so I hope it will remain that way! :D :D

Vehicle cover Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Very nice! You are in for a treat. The performance really improves noticeably when the engine loosens up. Now with 2500 miles on its really starting to fly.

PS I like the shaped rear plate. I had one like that on my XKR.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Loving that, what colour interior do you have? I like that rear plate too

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rsport_paul said:
I do like Storm Grey, but it was quite pricey!
Yes it is. The other option I would have considered was ultimate black but the last two cars I've had were black. So I thought it was time for a change and paid up for the Storm Grey!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Very nice indeed, like the look of the finish you have done, the black on grey looks classy.
Thank you. I wasn't sure about the black wheels for a while but saw some photos of other storm grey F Paces with black pack and black wheels and decided to go with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F-Pace S said:
Loving that, what colour interior do you have? I like that rear plate too
It's jet black leather and oyster headliner to lighten it up a bit - pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nice "not quite black" black car, enjoy it Peter

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catwoman said:
Super-stealth storm grey, looks really great in your pics Peter . . love it. Enjoy all the admiring attention you're going to get! :p
Thanks Catwoman, I can't wait to get out and drive it some more. I will be doing plenty of that over the weekend. So will get more of a feel of how it drives and learn to use all the features like the sat nav and iPhone integration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations and welcome fellow Storm Trooper! The Storm Grey color seems to make the FP go faster... it even looks fast standing still. Good choices on the black pack, black wheels, and black interior. You will soon notice people stealing glances at your FP while trying not to be too obvious, or that other cars will drive along side of you on the freeways, then sudden back off into your blind spot so they can admire it from another angle.

And good choice on getting the 3.0d engine. There are quite a few of us 2.0d owners in the US that think Jaguar should have brought the 3.0d to the states. As it is, we can't even get the 2.0d in the S trim. Good thing the wife is enjoying her R-Sport 2.0d. It has enough power for her, and enough range so that we're not having to stop too often on long road trips across the country.

Oh, she finally chose a name for her new FP. At first, she was thinking of calling her "Miss Kitty" (yes, the FP is a her). But with the aggressive look of the Storm Grey paint, black pack and black wheels, she decided to name her "Stormy". Works for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
How did you get that rear plate shape? Did the dealer do it automatically? I'd like to specify that design if its possible or get them made with my cherished number on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
formbyjules said:
How did you get that rear plate shape? Did the dealer do it automatically? I'd like to specify that design if its possible or get them made with my cherished number on.
In my case they just did it without me specifying it. I wasn't sure if I liked it initially - its pretty large. On the other hand it fits the shape well and I'm liking it better. Plus all of the positive comments on the forum I'm getting :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Love seeing more storms turning up now and none with my silver helix :lol: :lol:

I think us "storm troopers" are too cool to belong to a club :roll:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts