Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

This is my first post on the Forum so I look forward to contributing more in the future!

I'm looking to put down a deposit on a V6 S model next month IF I can do a test drive!
I'm changing from a RR Evoque Dynamic 2.2 ltr Diesel so want something with more space and power!

I booked a test drive 2 weeks ago for the F Pace V6 S diesel for today at Jaguar West London.
When I arrived this morning I was told that they no longer had any V6 S models as demonstrators but I was offered to test drive a 2ltr model if I waited an extra 30 mins on top of the 30 mins I had already waited....needless to say I left without doing so as this is not the version I want.
Although no one actually contacted me to tell me this earlier this week, they also had a V6 S model on the forcourt with 'Demonstrator' on the dashboard when i left....

Can anyone tell me whether they have driven both the petrol and diesel V6 models? What is your preference?
I only drive about 5k miles a year so fuel economy is not an issue and I like the sound of the petrol version.

Appreciate your inputs

MyV6Jag :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Is that Lookers Park Royal? Dreadful ... they made me wait 1 hour (despite me having called previously that morning to check they had a car to view) and then asked me to come back another day. I wasn't even wanting to drive it .. I just wanted to speak to someone. When I pointed at someone in the Land Rover section I was told he didn't handle the Jaguar side of the business.

I took my business to Harwoods Croydon instead.

My advice, if you've never owned a JLR SC product ... buy one :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, JLR Park Royal, they have just moved 100 yards down the road to a new nicer looking showroom.
I think the best thing to do is for me to look at show rooms just outside London where they have better interest in serving and pleasing the customer.

Cheers

·
Registered
473 Posts
test drive in V6 D and then the Ftype to try the SC engine..... bought an SC.... the diesel was great but i have had three v6 on the trot great cars, you can surf the torque and they have pace..... but the SC is a hoot it shrieks at revs..... i have been stopped to tell me how great the engine sounded..... it constantly puts a smile on my face (the buying experience didn't!!)..... its awesome but when having fun 18mpg is the norm the diesel will be 38+.... you pays your money and makes your choice..... 9k miles a year for me so the SC was a no brainer......BTW residuals are forecast by Jag to be marginally better on the SC than the D.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What terrible service you received.
I've driven both and loved the roar of the petrol version but the diesel had just as good pick up. Here in New Zealand diesel is half the price of petrol so had to go for the diesel version. But if the petrol pump price wasn't an issue would have got the petrol.

On order 3.0dS Sapphire Blue, pano roof, HUD, 14 way memory seats, rear view camera, keyless, adaptive dynamics, suede lining

·
Registered
473 Posts
in the UK petrol and Diesel prices are near enough equal.... so an easier choice than NZ!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
5K miles a year. Petrol all day long unless it's 5k in London rush hour traffic at 2 miles an hour lol

The diesel is great - picks up well and is a great versatile engine, huge torque. I've owned two pretty powerful diesels for last 6 years and they were great (Jaguar XF 3.0 S my current) but I wanted a change. I wanted the option to "have a bit of fun" get more involved in the drive and selection of Revs - and of course I wanted this with just a bit of a roar and a sound that makes you smile.

The diesel is the more sensible option and very much suited to a heavy car, a car stuck in traffic or cruising around or making rapid progress in a refined manner. The SC just puts an edge on it all.
Oh I haven't even drive the SC Petrol yet either lol. I bet I'm not wrong though :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Not sure how they recorded this and where microphone is located etc but love it.

Gman. What's the sound really like - give us an idea

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
5K miles a year. Petrol all day long unless it's 5k in London rush hour traffic at 2 miles an hour lol

The diesel is great - picks up well and is a great versatile engine, huge torque. I've owned two pretty powerful diesels for last 6 years and they were great (Jaguar XF 3.0 S my current) but I wanted a change. I wanted the option to "have a bit of fun" get more involved in the drive and selection of Revs - and of course I wanted this with just a bit of a roar and a sound that makes you smile.

The diesel is the more sensible option and very much suited to a heavy car, a car stuck in traffic or cruising around or making rapid progress in a refined manner. The SC just puts an edge on it all.
Oh I haven't even drive the SC Petrol yet either lol. I bet I'm not wrong though :)
MBadger your summation is spot on, you wont be disappointed when you do drive it, on friday afternoon I needed to get from Welshpool to LLanerfyl in a rush, thought I would be 20 minutes late, arrived 2 minutes late with a huge grin, left it in dynamic, gearbox in sport most of the way, the SC just flys.... overtaking on twisty welsh A roads is sports car level easy, acceleration 40-80 is epic, torque vectoring assisted cornering is frankly astonishing for an SUV... you will have a grin like a cheshire cat..... :D :lol: :lol: :twisted: oh and 19mpg which is better than my 53 plate Boxster S would have done being driven that hard.... and i am not sure it would have got there any quicker either.....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nice Gman - and the sound ? All I have to go on is that YouTube link and a few others.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Nice Gman - and the sound ? All I have to go on is that YouTube link and a few others.
It howls and its not quiet either :twisted: :lol: I have been told after over taking a friend on a mountain bike on a derestricted hill, that she thought it was a motorbike approaching from behind her... the bikers who chatted to me about the car said they could hear it with helmets on when doing 100+ on there bikes, sound great from inside the car too.... its about 75% of the noise from the F-Type I drove without the popping and farting that did on the overrun.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, thanks all. You have done a great job of selling me the Supercharged V6 so that's what I'll go for :cool: :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts