Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I would pop in and register myself over here, as if all goes to plan I will be joining you soon enough!

I'm from Northern Ireland currently drive a 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, and have had it for almost 3 years now.
Previous to this, I drove a 2010 RRS also, so I am a fan of JLR but not in the pricing model that Range Rover have been following.

I have been test driving a few potential replacements to my current sport, and I was nearly sure I was going to choose a Volvo XC90 but the engine (2lt 4cyl derv) really let it down, but I stopped in with my local Jag garage to enquire about an F-Pace for my Mrs, and got chatting to the salesman who I know and told him as much as I like them, the F isn't capable of towing the load I require. He told me it will tow almost 2.5 tonnes which makes it a viable option.

I then had an f pace s for a 48hour test drive, and fell in love with it.

I have been finding it very very difficult to find a replacement for my sport, but the 'S' ticks all the boxes I need.

Playing with the configurator I have specced the following:

Exterior:
F-Pace S 30d in black, with 22" double helix in silver, privacy glass and gloss black window surrounds, LED headlights and undecided on pano roof (have one on my current sport)

Interior:
Jet and Red Taurus seats, meshed aluminium veneer and jet headlining. S steering wheel (no heating) and 10 way memory seats. InControl Pro with 825w meridian (have the 825w in my sport)

Options:
Electronic towbar, (maybe gesture tailgate), full size spare wheel, rear seat remote levers, (maybe mood lighting), Digital TV, either fixed side steps or bright tube bars, (maybe iPad holder, but £177?!)

From reading my build has anyone any recommendations to add or delete?

Thanks, and I look forward to keeping up to date on these forums.

Ross

·
Registered
142 Posts
My personal opinion.....
EXTERIOR
Black...yes aggressive and sporty
Deisel 3.0 for towing.....yes and also a great engine regardless
22" wheels.....a must
Privacy glass....a must
Gloss black window surrounds....yes, you have not spec'd the black pack so you have enough chrome features
LED.....a must
Pano roof.....yes if you are going to have an opening one and use it, otherwise the standard pano roof still sets off the car and will help with re-sale. just don't get the thing about everyone saying it lets more light into the cabin, every car I have had has a sunroof and closing the shade makes sod all difference, you have glass all the way around like a greenhouse!
INTERIOR
Jet red seats..... I was on this from day 1 on the configurator and a very popular choice but on seeing in the flesh and in many photos became less convinced. I changed to jet jet partly due to my much younger wife severely disapproving but mainly due to seeing the jet jet with the very prominent oyster stitching...looks great. Would suggest you try to find one to take a look. The configurator makes it look like its solid black inside which is certainly not the case.
Meshed Ali veneer....yes don't waste your money on anything else
Jet headliner.....yes, keep the sporty look
Heated steering wheel??? You are in NI not Russia.
Memory seats...yes if you are not the only one that will be driving
InControl Pro.....yes, yes, yes!!!
825w Meridian...I suggest you look at other posts on here and save yourself the money as apparently it ain't nothing like in the RR
OPTIONS
Elec tow bar...of course you tow!
Gesture tail gate/remote rear seat levers...get the practically pack if you think you will need them
Mood lighting....an extravagance but so what
TV...??? Are you going to be driving or sitting in a car park?
Side steps or bright tube bars...NO, NO, NO, Dont do it!!! This is not the 1980/90's!!!

Hope this helps but each to their own and no doubt many others will disagree with some or all of my comments.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome Big Pimp.
I won't comment or advise on your spec. It's a personal choice. Have a look at the images from members on the Members Gallery. Also get ideas from the individual signatures. Certainly helped me. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I have the deployable side steps and to be honest they are always turned off apart from when I want to clean the car as they help me reach the centre of the roof, they are a pain in the backside in my opinion as when you go to step out you either just miss them and catch the back of your clothes or you step on them and manage to bang your head, for what they cost I do not think its an option I would recommend.

As for the rest it all looks good and the colours are always a personal choice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much guys.

In relation to side steps the demo vehicle I drove had the deployable steps fitted to it, and were switched off. When they were switched on, I realised that there is no actual need for them as the f pace isn't that big a step up into it!

I was looking at fixed purely for aesthetics.

The TV is just a luxury. I spend a lot of time in the car, travelling for work and waiting for the Mrs when not in work. It's something I have on my current motor and it keeps the kiddies happy if we have to wait in the car when shopping etc.

Funny, I've heard conflicting stories about the 825w when being compared with the Range Rover equivalent.
On my sport it really is very good, and a worthwhile upgrade.
I wonder would it be a better idea to spec the slightly lesser 380w version and going to an audio shop and upgrading the speakers & add some sound deadening. Would probably be cheaper than the 380 > 825 upgrade.

Has anyone here got their F in black with the black pack fitted? My only concern is could it be too black?
The demo I had was metallic white with black pack fitted and it was fantastic looking.

Thanks again everyone for a lovely welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

A big hello out there to all F Pace owners and soon to be owners, great forum.... After owning a RR 3.0 TDI for 11 years (many long stories as to how the hell I kept it for so long) I finally decided on a worthwhile successor to the old duchess and I am awaiting my F-Pace AWD 2.0 Sport Auto, which should come mid September.

I went for Ultimate black, 20 inch venom black wheels, black pack, pano tilt roof and 825W Meridian and Privacy glass. There was a very similar one in the showroom which was just awesome. As soon as it comes I will share pictures.

Bigpimp, I will let you know about the 825W when I get it - I haven't heard one as of yet - only the standard. Frankly I couldn't resist.

Rob

My experience with Jag was a little "turbulent" . I was pushed into an early confirmation of my spec based on an earlier offered delivery date than originally promised. The delivery date was then changed back so I tried to change the spec (adding the pano roof). As there had been a price rise at that time I was told I would have to pay the new chassis cost if I wanted to change the spec. Anyhow - this was sorted out eventually, and it hasn't quelled my excitement.

I want to add some more features to the car (rear camera for a starter) but no way am I going to ask Jag to do it. Does anyone know of any other guys in the midlands that can add features as of yet to the F Pace like this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Robtrader said:
Hi All,

A big hello out there to all F Pace owners and soon to be owners, great forum.... After owning a RR 3.0 TDI for 11 years (many long stories as to how the hell I kept it for so long) I finally decided on a worthwhile successor to the old duchess and I am awaiting my F-Pace AWD 2.0 Sport Auto, which should come mid September.

I went for Ultimate black, 20 inch venom black wheels, black pack, pano tilt roof and 825W Meridian and Privacy glass. There was a very similar one in the showroom which was just awesome. As soon as it comes I will share pictures.

Bigpimp, I will let you know about the 825W when I get it - I haven't heard one as of yet - only the standard. Frankly I couldn't resist.

Rob

My experience with Jag was a little "turbulent" . I was pushed into an early confirmation of my spec based on an earlier offered delivery date than originally promised. The delivery date was then changed back so I tried to change the spec (adding the pano roof). As there had been a price rise at that time I was told I would have to pay the new chassis cost if I wanted to change the spec. Anyhow - this was sorted out eventually, and it hasn't quelled my excitement.

I want to add some more features to the car (rear camera for a starter) but no way am I going to ask Jag to do it. Does anyone know of any other guys in the midlands that can add features as of yet to the F Pace like this?
From info i have gleaned about incontrol Pro etc i dont think a 3rd party company can fit a camera to go with the incontrol as yet as it has to be configured by jaguar to accept either a reversing camera or the 360 camera set up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts