Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to say hello.

I pick up my 69 Plate Santorini Black SVR with 9000 miles Next week.

It has a nice spec, off the top of my head:

Meridian Surround
Fixed Pan Roof
4 Zone Climate Control
Radar Cruise
Parking Assist
Head Up Display

I'm still very surprised that I've ended up buying an SUV, but the test drive had me giigling and realising that the SVR is a real feel good car!

I've always wanted a Jaguar, I would say my first choice would have been an XFR Estate if there was something like that available.

I had 4.5 years with a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio which I loved, I then replaced with another one but sold that car after just 1100 miles as Alfa had changed the whole front end of the car and I didn't like what they'd done (New Steering rack, springs, shocks, uprights)

I tried a 2020 C63S which wasn't quite as quick as I thought it'd be, and I found the ride far too harsh. Also not a fan of the Mercedes tech.

Then tried a 2019 F90 BMW M5; lovely seats and tech, but the steering was numb and dead with no feel, and I have no idea how BMW make a 590bhp 4.4 V8 seem so characterless.

My dad has a C7 RS6 so wasn't really than keen on having one of those either!

So that got me looking again at the Stelvio Quadrifoglio and then in turn the F pace SVR and here I am!

I have two other Alfa's (1966 Giulia and a 2001 spider) so moving away from Alfa again felt like quite a big deal.

Let's be honest, the Supercharged V8 sells the SVR, and the bigger and more luxurious interior than the Stelvio coupled with a very surprising amount of agility had me sold!

Tipping it over the line was the fact I may soon have Children and a Dog to cart about.....!

Went for the pre facelift as I can't quite afford a new one, and the louder exhaust and to my eyes I prefer the pre facelift looks.

So here I am feeling somehow a bit guilty that I've bought an SUV, but I'm sure it's going to be great!! Never has black car before either, but it seems to suit the car.

]Untitled by urquattro gus, on Flickr

Untitled by urquattro gus, on Flickr

Registered
Congrats on the new purchase, that noise is intoxicating isn't it 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes it seems like a great way to enjoy a petrol daily driver before everything is all electric!

This engine has so much Character. Compared to the turbo V8's of the Germans, I love the instant response it gives!

I'm a little curious as to whether my car has a GPF or not, I test drove an April 2019 car and wonder if that wasn't a bit louder again?? Manufacturers never really let on when they fit one!

I know the facelift car certainly sounds meek, had a look at one at the dealer….

I now worry I'll end up going for the Quicksilver exhaust, maybe that might be going too far but I do quite like a noisy exhaust as long as it doesn't drone!

Registered
Hello & welcome, stay safe. Great back story, enjoy your new car.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum and nice car to be your first SUV.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys; pick it up Tuesday, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve at the moment :)

I haven't been Skiing for over 10 years, but in December we are driving down to Morzine for a week and intend to the the SVR, should be ideal for the trip!!

Super Moderator
Nice little road trip that will be, ensure you take the snow chains just to be safe as the standard tyres will not be great in snow. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked the car up yesterday, all going well so far, have been fine tuning all of the settings to my liking :)

The engine really makes the car, that supercharged engine is just so peachy; the response is instant and like no other engine today!

On another note, I'm fairly disappointed by the Meridian Surround 825W system, I've been playing around with settings but it still seems pretty mediocre.

No doubt meridian make good money on the licensing but it doesn't seem anything worthy of their name. I say this as someone who used to own Meridian 5200SE active speakers, obviously not a fair comparison but still.

Biggest disappointment so far is that the Infotainment won't recognise FLAC lossless files from a USB stick, something my Alfa and BMW before that did.

Is this right, any way around this formatting wise other than converting the files?

Oh, and I'm tempted to keep an eye out for a set of 21" wheels to try, I love the way the 22's look, but can't help but wonder if they would improve the low speed ride a little.

Otherwise I think we're going to get along just fine!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Formatting the USB in FAT 32 seems to have sorted the Flac issue, was formatted in NFTS or whatever it's called.

Registered
Hi and welcome. Glad that you are enjoying your SVR. I never found the woful sound system a problem as I try not to drown out the sound of the engine with my music! 馃ぃ

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Super Moderator
I am surprised you find the sound system disappointing, it does take a while to setup the positioning and setting but i found after an hour you can get the sound stage and feel to suit the type of music being played, of course its not going to be anything like the 5200SE as its in a different settings.

Glad you like the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts