Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just joined this great Forum

For past 18 months I have been a proud owner of an Evoque SE Tech - love the car but really tempted with the Fpace and have made an appointment to "just have a Look" and understand part ex value!!

I am also a member of the Evoque Forums - RRE's seem to have a few reliability issues especially associated with the Auto G/Box and build quality

What is the generally feeling from Fpace owners? I was aware of initial teething problems but overall are you happy with quality and reliability of your vehicles - I would be interested in AWD Prestige model

Thank you and a very happy Xmas to you all

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
A warm welcome.

also came from the Evoque SI4 to the Fpace 1st Edition.

Your find many posts on here with various issues but as a whole we love the car and Jaguar have made inroads into trying to resolve the issues, many are around the ITCP system.

Hope you enjoy your test drive and hope to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
"New member from the NE"......

New England or Newcastle?

Who will be your dealer, Stratstone Newcastle have had some mixed reviews on here.

Arianne

·
Registered
237 Posts
Arianne said:

Who will be your dealer, Stratstone Newcastle have had some mixed reviews on here.

Arianne
I read it as the North East

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arianne said:

Arianne
Hi, thanks for your reply, Im NE UK, my local dealer is just outside Sunderland - Stratsones Houghton le spring - they have serviced my evoque but don't have any dealer experience with them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Mackem from a fellow Sunderland driver.

Had my R-Sport since November and love it. The drive is fantastic and the quality is good too. I came from an Audi Q5 and am really pleased with the Jaguar.

I've had a couple of the issues you'll read about on the forum, but they've been really easily fixed by Newcastle Stratstone and I have had nothing but fantastic service from them in both pre and post-sales. Went with Newcastle rather than Stoneygate even though they are the same dealership as Newcastle offered a better interest rate on the part loan I was after.

If you do go for the portfolio, I would recommend considering the ICTP Pro as it is well worth the upgrade and I have had no issue s with mine (touch wood).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the 'Northern' section of the forum... I too came from an Evoque (gearbox issue 3 weeks before warranty expiration was a phew moment!) - Although had my deposit on an F-Pace from first launch back in Sept last year...

Not hade any real issues with mine - The drive is fantastic, and IMHO best looking SUV around

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi NE member. Welcome. I came from SD4 Evoque Prestige. Good car except for the awful 9 speed gearbox.
I have had my FP for 5 weeks and absolutely love it. Yes it's the 3l D version but is a COMPLETELY different drive to the Evoque. No gearbox issues at all.
Very satisfied with the car and had NO problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone thank you for your warm welcome and helpful advice

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More advice please
Done my research budgets etc
Can I please ask for your advice on for me 2 key issues
1 - Manual or automatic, this may seem a silly question but at 55 I have never owned an automatic always manuals, are they worth the extra? I do about 12,000 miles a year
2- PCP or purchase outright by HP or other loan

I have my appointment with dealer on 2nd who have already conformed a part ex value guaranteed to March, are lead times accurate?

Thanks again and Merry Xmas

·
Registered
612 Posts
1. All depends if you like racing about and the thrill of changing up and down gears. Or if you like nice relaxing drives. For me I live in a busy town, so it's worth it not to have to change into first all the time, stop start stop start etc.... on motor ways it makes almost no difference once at 70mph.
I will say the 8 speed in the Jag's is bloddy smooth, not like automatics of the 90's.

2. Personal choice, I don't m is your financial situation. For reference I brought out right, as I like the car to be mine so I have control of what I want to do with it and when.

3. You'll be given 2 dates normally. The first is the build start date (normally week comensing dd/mm) this tend to be very accurate. The other date is estimated delivery to showroom ... this tends to be exaggerated to give them float. Don't forget the dealer takes delivery then takes a week to prepare the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Gdank

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mackem said:
More advice please
1 - Manual or automatic,

I have my appointment with dealer on 2nd who have already conformed a part ex value guaranteed to March, are lead times accurate?

A point to bear in mind is the the auto gives you access to options not available with the manual.
I have driven autos for many years. The early ones were not great. The auto in the FP is silky smooth and changes are almost imperceptible.
Remember you have sport mode and paddles if you want some fun.
I would always go for auto. But it's personal choice.

I also purchased mine outright. It was a retirement gift to myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Timbo62 & FPTrevor

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mackem said:
More advice please
1 - Manual or automatic, this may seem a silly question but at 55 I have never owned an automatic always manuals, are they worth the extra? I do about 12,000 miles a year

Just out of interest: Try an online quote from webuyanycar to see if you can get £1500.00 more from them than I was offered for part exchange from the dealer I purchased my F Pace from. Handing the car over to them is an absolute doddle and you can get your money in the bank same day if you wish with all paperwork completed as you wait. Just a thought. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well today I signed on the bottom line after having a lovely test drive
I've ordered
F-PACE R-SPORT
2.0 litre 4 cylinder 180PS Turbocharged Diesel (Automatic) All Wheel Drive in Ammonite Grey
Privacy Glass
InControl Touch Pro Pack with Meridian™ Digital Sound System (380W)
Heated front windscreen and washer jets
19" Space saver spare wheel
Configurable interior mood lighting
Rear View Camera

Have been told delivery expected in March

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like a great order Mackem. This has all the core things I want save the privacy glass. It will look great in the ammo club.

I think you are right to go with the auto on the F-Pace. I love manual cars and never really took to automatics driving my parents cars and my wife's previous vehicle, an SLK. However, having driven the 2.0l manual and automatic and the 3.0d automatic, the comments above re: the Jaguar 8 speed automatic gear box are accurate. It is a really punchy gear change and does the business when required.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mackem said:
Well today I signed on the bottom line after having a lovely test drive
I've ordered
F-PACE R-SPORT
2.0 litre 4 cylinder 180PS Turbocharged Diesel (Automatic) All Wheel Drive in Ammonite Grey
Privacy Glass
InControl Touch Pro Pack with Meridian™ Digital Sound System (380W)
Heated front windscreen and washer jets
19" Space saver spare wheel
Configurable interior mood lighting
Rear View Camera

Have been told delivery expected in March
Nice spec, and you have the key components to make a lovely car, welcome to the club. What colour interior?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.