Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow F Pacers! I've recently joined the forum and placed my order last week.

After much deliberation on engine size, paint colour and silver vs black wheels here's what we settled on:

3.0d S in Storm Grey, 14 way seats with memory in Jet leather, light oyster headliner, meshed aluminium finisher, 20 inch black Blade wheels, fixed panoramic roof, black pack, blind spot monitoring, InControl Touch Pro with 380W, metal load space scuff plate, privacy glass, rear seat comfort pack, rear seat remote release, steel spacer saver spare, cup holder cover, 5 year service plan.

Estimated delivery date: 16th Feb 2017 :cry:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a great spec!
My dealer explained that if I fixed my spec at order time, Jaguar would call forward the build should a slot become available and indeed mine has come forward from Dec/Jan to an Oct build. This may also be due to ordering a 2.0 R Sport rather than a 3.0 S too though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSPORT27 said:
Welcome. Sounds like a great spec!
My dealer explained that if I fixed my spec at order time, Jaguar would call forward the build should a slot become available and indeed mine has come forward from Dec/Jan to an Oct build. This may also be due to ordering a 2.0 R Sport rather than a 3.0 S too though.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. My spec is fixed but still sitting in the Jaguar holding pool at the moment so I don't have a proper build date yet. I've just got the dealer's estimated delivery date. Here's hoping that I get similar luck to you RSPORT27.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Nice spec but if I may be so bold to give my 2 penny worth......headlining Oyster??? With jet interior and fixed pano roof?? I went with jet headliner and 'personally' feel it adds to sporty feel of the car. It's not dark or oppressive due to the pano roof. Even the blind is a fine mesh so not dark when it's across. My Evoque was like a black out blind which I did prefer, but gotta do with how this comes. Anyway nice spec but have a think? ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Nice spec but if I may be so bold to give my 2 penny worth......headlining Oyster??? With jet interior and fixed pano roof?? I went with jet headliner and 'personally' feel it adds to sporty feel of the car. It's not dark or oppressive due to the pano roof. Even the blind is a fine mesh so not dark when it's across. My Evoque was like a black out blind which I did prefer, but gotta do with how this comes. Anyway nice spec but have a think? ;)
Each to their own, I had the RR equivalent of light Oyster headlining in my Evoque Dynamic for 4 years and defaulted to light headlining on my FP order. The Jaguar light headlining is actually a shade lighter than the RR but to me it enhances the light from the pano roof.

That said, I agree that Jet headlining does add to the sporting character and perhaps the light coloured A-pillars detract from it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I thought the light oyster breaks up the all black interior a bit and goes well with the oyster stitching on the Jet seats of the S. Well that and the wife prefers it, so the order stays as it is!

·
Registered
142 Posts
PeterT said:
Hello fellow F Pacers! I've recently joined the forum and placed my order last week.

After much deliberation on engine size, paint colour and silver vs black wheels here's what we settled on:

3.0d S in Storm Grey, 14 way seats with memory in Jet leather, light oyster headliner, meshed aluminium finisher, 20 inch black Blade wheels, fixed panoramic roof, black pack, blind spot monitoring, InControl Touch Pro with 380W, metal load space scuff plate, privacy glass, rear seat comfort pack, rear seat remote release, steel spacer saver spare, cup holder cover, 5 year service plan.

Estimated delivery date: 16th Feb 2017 :cry:
Welcome! Forget the headlining, you have spent the extra on a blinging colour so why not the wheels??? The 22's really really set the car off. Come re-sale you won't regret and also have the pleasure to own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ruski said:
Welcome! Forget the headlining, you have spent the extra on a blinging colour so why not the wheels??? The 22's really really set the car off. Come re-sale you won't regret and also have the pleasure to own.
I agree they look better but theres three reasons why I didnt spec them: the 22s are noisier, we often drive when we go skiing and you cant use snow chains with them and they will kerb too easily.

·
Registered
143 Posts
PeterT said:
Thanks for the comments. I thought the light oyster breaks up the all black interior a bit and goes well with the oyster stitching on the Jet seats of the S. Well that and the wife prefers it, so the order stays as it is!
I agree with you PeterT. I deliberated long and hard before choosing LO headlining. I used to drive a BMW 5 series M sport with black headlining and black seats. Admittedly it didn't have a pano roof but it was depressing. As has been said often on this forum colours and spec are a personal choice.
I am sticking with my light headlining also.
Looks like a good spec. Liked the Storm myself but spent the money on the 22's. Each to his own ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Timbo62 said:
PeterT said:
I agree with you PeterT. I deliberated long and hard before choosing LO headlining. I used to drive a BMW 5 series M sport with black headlining and black seats. Admittedly it didn't have a pano roof but it was depressing. As has been said often on this forum colours and spec are a personal choice.
Looks like a good spec. Liked the Storm myself but spent the money on the 22's. Each to his own ;)
That's why you spec the panoroof, don't order the opener just the fixed one.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
PeterT said:
Yep agree. I've gone oyster headliner and have it in my XF. Happy to have again. Don't need the car to look sportier - it's a 3 litre petrol in black black :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Timbo62 said:
PeterT said:
That's why you spec the panoroof, don't order the opener just the fixed one.
The test car I drove had the opener. Didn't like the bar across. So I got the fixed one. Got the fixed Pano in my Evoque. I love it especially when I'm carrying people in the back seat. Less claustrophobic for them. I have light seats and light headlining in the RRE. Couldn't imagine the big change from light to (mainly) black seats and light to black headlining. It's a shame JLR haven't given a light seat option but I guess they market the FP as a sports car and dark seats go with that image :( :cry:
Still like the light headlining and I'm keeping it. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I thought the fixed pano was better - no bar and on previous cars i would hardly ever open the sunroof when the air con does the job better and quieter

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Been years since I had a sunroof, so I thought hell, go opening for the once or twice a year I fancied a chance, second bar or not

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very similar spec to mine - due in about 6 weeks. 3.0SC jet black with light oyster headlining. :)
I have a question - how long does it take for the engine to "break in" and do I need to do anything differently? I was going to try to keep the revs below 3000 for the first 1000 miles but don't know if I'll be able to resist the temptation... :twisted:
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Been years since I had a sunroof, so I thought hell, go opening for the once or twice a year I fancied a chance, second bar or not
You won't be saying that in the frosty icy winter!!! They are a pain in the arse!!! The water freezes in the joints and they creak and crack and sound terrible, my Disco 4's were shocking. Full fixed pano is visually much more pleasurable. Never used the opening roofs on the Discos, aircon did much better job.

·
Registered
302 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
You won't be saying that in the frosty icy winter!!! They are a pain in the arse!!! The water freezes in the joints and they creak and crack and sound terrible, my Disco 4's were shocking. Full fixed pano is visually much more pleasurable. Never used the opening roofs on the Discos, aircon did much better job.
Carl you are so right ...... Just one of the many reasons why originally spec'd a fixed pano roof, before I ditched my whole order for a black 1st Ed :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
AndyS said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
Carl you are so right ...... Just one of the many reasons why originally spec'd a fixed pano roof, before I ditched my whole order for a black 1st Ed :)
Although I have the fixed pano for the reasons above.... I think it would work in the SC, so you turn off the Merdian and just listen to the exhaust howl when having fun.......Obvs not something that will worry the derv drivers :D :shock: :twisted: :lol: looking for my tin helmet as best be prepared for the imminent fusillade heading my way.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.