Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Sam,

Take no notice, stick to your US Forum, the conversation is far more rational and balanced.

I really think that there are a few individuals that speculated on their purchase, thinking the initial demand would be so great that they could re sell at a profit. So the only way they can minimise their loss is to "reject" the vehicle.

So they make up a plethora of stories in an attempt to get their money back, very dishonest and very sad. :oops: :oops: :oops:

G

·
Russell said:
Sam,

Take no notice, stick to your US Forum, the conversation is far more rational and balanced.

I really think that there are a few individuals that speculated on their purchase, thinking the initial demand would be so great that they could re sell at a profit. So the only way they can minimise their loss is to "reject" the vehicle.

So they make up a plethora of stories in an attempt to get their money back, very dishonest and very sad. :oops: :oops: :oops:
let me check the time .. oh yes, school has finished .. thought as much :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Russell said:
Bought my vehicle for cash wanting the style/performance of previous XF plus the SUV experience (driving position, AWD etc). So far from that aspect great. Not planning on rejecting my car but its seriously over priced for the quality received. I wanted a car that was as good an all rounder as possible. You may not like me saying this but the "toys" as you called them recently, are just that, toys. They do not belong on a £50k car unless they work, they do not on the example I bought no matter if you wish to argue against this or not, this is a fact.

Would I recommend the F-Pace to anyone? Well probably not, I'd say wait. Watch forums like this and see if the faults listed dry up or drag on (and ignore the petty arguments) . Again you might not like this, but I (and I expect most other users) have no gain from making up stories of doom about the F-Pace. My car is was it is, flawed in some ways, fantastic in others. Flaws always outweigh the good stuff because they notice more, the fantastic is what I paid for.

Its rare to make money buying new cars and selling them on quickly to meet the demand, if I wanted that I'd by a Morgan every time!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Russell said:
Sam,

Sam,

Russell does not even own a Fpace, his mum might own one but were yet to see one.

Ignore his views he is the site idiot and i am sure you have one on the American site also.

Think Russell hangs around on that site also so you may want to give you guys the heads up with any of his views. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
can I ask what to get the dealer and for me to check before I pick up\accept my car is there a list of checks to do or an easy list,
some chap at work here said today he looked at the fpace and saw an untidy wiring loom in the boot not protected or secured just chucked in put him off straight away I would certainty add that to a list of things to check, I have been saving for a long time, sold my beloved 6.5 year old Q5 for 12.5k today which was solid\bullet proof car so I don't want to be left with issues on a 50k car

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
jonesy said:
can I ask what to get the dealer and for me to check before I pick up\accept my car is there a list of checks to do or an easy list,
some chap at work here said today he looked at the fpace and saw an untidy wiring loom in the boot not protected or secured just chucked in put him off straight away I would certainty add that to a list of things to check, I have been saving for a long time, sold my beloved 6.5 year old Q5 for 12.5k today which was solid\bullet proof car so I don't want to be left with issues on a 50k car
Jonesy, not everyone has these issues but some have had them and i have had some, things to check.

Alignment of bonnet, doors and boot as these seem to be an issue.
Wheels are not damaged.
The ITCP system if you have one but it may be hard to check this at the dealers as some people do not show issues until a few days down the road when they start to add things like phones ect.
CD player takes a disc and ejects the disc if you have one fitted as some have issues with this.

This is not an extensive list i am sure and not everyone has these issues so its just a heads up thats all.

Enjoy the car, i know many people are.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Russell said:
Sam,

Bla bla bla bla bla zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.