Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
F-Pace R-Dynamic BLACK P400e MY22
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Saw some news yesterday on the new 300 and 400 ‘Sport’ models - not looked in detail but seems like a bundling-up of popular options, nothing obvious new, sadly. Maybe another thread for that topic…

New F-Pace models

However JLR seem to have used this announcement to increase the prices on (all?) F-Pace models, not sure when the last increase was and if this is now MY23? Anyway the headline is significant price increases + less spec on the same car. Using my P400e R-Dynamic Black as an example:

Base price before £60,435. Now £63,605
Options (Meridian, memory seats, all season tyres, remote release, mudflaps) - £1592 (no change except mudflaps now £7 more)
Extra kit that is now not standard (!!) - metallic (+£740), 20” black wheels (19” now standard) (+£200), red brake callipers (+£300).

So adding in extra non-standard kit to get to equivalent spec comes to £66,404 versus £62,097 that I paid OTR. That’s a 7% increase. Would be interesting to hear how other models are impacted but assume similar issue.

Oh and APR now 5.9%, not 3.9% (for orders placed since start of 2022 I believe).

I get why manufacturers are pushing up prices, especially given the current supply chain / inflation situation. But my experience with many other premium manufacturers is that they normally try to offset any increase with a more generous standard spec. Sadly JLR have taken a different view…

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting to see they've adjusted the prices for the other models and what options are standard in it. I was looking at the difference purely as I have a pre facelift 300 Sport and it seems to be a 10%+ increase vs my order back at the end of 2019 which seems a bit steep to me.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
78 Posts
On p400e, They now include home charge cable/ auto HBA & directional indicators, but drop a quite a few other standard items , net result as Pacemaker states a 7 percent increase, which matches the announcement today! It's the way of the world at the moment

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interestingly I was looking at RR velar at the time of placing my order, and just checked the prices on the configurator and they have not gone up?........yet!

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 R-Dynamic HSE D300, ordered mid-Dec '21, now due "end of June"
149 Posts
Just found this thread from the delayed delivery discussion thread.

Just happened to check the website (again!) and it seems the change must have gone live literally in the last day or so. The website address for a new build does include ‘23’ after the model name (instead of 22 on my original build), so I would say it’s a model year change and not just a tweak.

Makes a £2k list price difference to my RD 300 HSE spec, with the most glaring difference being you can even option digital dash at all now.

Hoping they honour both the original price deal and spec, with my car supposedly due early June, but I have a feeling I’ll end up getting either a cancelled/replaced/delayed MY22>MY23 order, different spec or increased price (or all 3!)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Interestingly I was looking at RR velar at the time of placing my order, and just checked the prices on the configurator and they have not gone up?........yet!
Looks like Velar has changed too, uses the new model selection layout and ‘k23’ in the webpage address.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I see the P400 Sport, at £69k, only has analogue display🤔
Yep not even an option to add on any model, only the P400e and SVR get it now.

I guess this is in line with reports of others already receiving MY22 cars without it too. RR Velar seems the same now as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes new car definitely Model Year 23 - see link (scroll down to the bottom before the italic text)

MY23 F-Pace press release

Ant-N: I agree, not having digital dash on the top HSE spec is a joke IMO, I’m sure there are other less important options that they could save a few chips on - for instance high beam assist and direction indicators which G1969 now mentioned are standard. I sincerely hope you get the spec of car you want, fingers crossed for you.

Also I notice that 19“ wheels are now standard on all P400e models (used to be 20 and 21” on higher spec versions) - I assume this is driven by meeting emissions thresholds or better mpg / range figures. Does seem odd though that an HSE spec car comes on such ‘small’ wheels - and unimaginatively they are the same design as the SE and S models! A new low for JLR product marketing? Discuss… 😁

Lastly, on price rises, notwithstanding current levels of inflation, I don’t see all manufacturers pushing up prices by 7% as JLR has chosen to do. For instance Audi and MB implemented a 2% increase in the last few months (but of course there could be further rises around the corner). Anyway my take is that when the MY21 F-Pace major refresh occurred, the car looked very good VFM against its direct rivals. Now JLR have thrown that edge away and the usual suspects form Germany / Japan now have the upper hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I notice there are a few other things that have gone missing in action too. For example the surround reversing camera has gone. I think this is all linked to the global chip shortage. In order to try and speed up production they have dropped a lot of the functions that are reliant on computer components they can't get hold of. Maybe it is only temporary buy either way it is pretty poor for a car costing upwards of 60K plus. Once to watch, and complain to your dealer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I notice there are a few other things that have gone missing in action too. For example the surround reversing camera has gone. I think this is all linked to the global chip shortage. In order to try and speed up production they have dropped a lot of the functions that are reliant on computer components they can't get hold of. Maybe it is only temporary buy either way it is pretty poor for a car costing upwards of 60K plus. Once to watch, and complain to your dealer.
Yep, the 360 Cameras were deleted as a 'standard' feature in the change from MY21 to MY22, but since late last year have not been available to order (as in dealers were advising not to order it, along with HUD and a handful of other options) - I believe some people were just told no, while others were advised it would delay their build indefinitely.

Of course it doesn't help they've also hiked prices by around 7%, but other manufacturers still seem able to offer certain things on higher end cars - like a digital dash (can you imagine someone being told their new X3 or X5 was coming with analogue dials instead of the standard 'Live Cockpit'!?!).

The company I work for has been suffering due to component supplies too, but at least we're communicating with our customers and managing it properly, this seems to be the biggest issue is the pretty shoddy way people are being dealt with. There's a pinned thread on here ('Delayed 2021 deliveries') where a bunch of us have described all the different issues & pitfalls during the order/delivery process, it also covers MY22.

Of course with the apparent change from MY22 to MY23 its anyones guess what's going to happen to those of us waiting. I'm expecting an order update this week, my order was mid-December, but it's anyones guess as to when the cut-off will be applied to reject those orders and replace them with the new MY.

Reactions: G1969 and Pacemaker

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've a 3.0D S at the moment, reaching a point where I've started to price up a replacement. I like to take my time... I was thinking of ordering a P400 SE and keeping for the long term but will put that idea on hold now. I'll keep the current one and see what maybe changes in the coming months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear that G1969, what a PITA. JLR scheduling real is a shambles. As a P400e Black owner, I can say it’s worth the wait. A recent picture of mine is attached (v similar to your spec I think).
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks, yes looks great 👍, and I am pleased you are happy with it. I have a factory tour booked for early June, so will be able to get the full story from the horses mouth!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, yes looks great 👍, and I am pleased you are happy with it. I have a factory tour booked for early June, so will be able to get the full story from the horses mouth!

I got a response to an enquiry I emailed in, on what had happened to the reduction in standard equipment:-

"the features which are currently removed are due to the shortages of parts
we hope to see the return of these features in the future but we do not have a time line for this"

·
Registered
745 Posts
If it’s a software option or update it an be done otherwise forget it, there are enough problems with the fitted displays without adding more

Reactions: SuperXstyle

·
Registered
42 Posts
How easy is it to retrofit the Interactive Digital Display in place of the analogue dials?
If 2018 or later would need someone with Pathfinder to program it, not many people with that, other than Jaguar, and then they'd need to be proficient with changing the factory spec etc. and module programing. I wouldn't be surprised if a dash module also has vehicle specific data such as VIN, mileage etc so a used one can't be easily reused. So basically, not easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts