Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at Castle Bromwich we were told to expect delivery of first edtions in May and not late June ...and that we had been told late June by the dealer because they were being over cautious ....the jaguar representative was confident of a May delivery :D ...

Also having now seen the First Edition In the flesh ...I am convinced that it was the right decision to place an order for one right at the beginning ...it looked absolutely bang on :shock: everything including the size , colour, wheels, leather etc etc was better than we were expecting and more .... :D roll on May can't wait now :p

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just read even people in Canada have confirmed delivery dates ;)

Quote "Received an email today from my Dealer in Toronto Canada that the order call has opened and my sales rep processed my order today with an attached confirmation.

Last Date to Change configuration April 14
Build Date May 27
Delivery Date July 22.

My sales rep advises that the schedule above will likely be amended and that delivery should be advanced to late June.

According to my sales rep, although I was supposedly number two in line, I have been moved up to first in line because he knew I was anxious to get delivery and was able to process the order immediately after the order call opened. I am suppose to get the first one to be delivered at the dealership. "

·
Registered
56 Posts
Given production is now at full pace with cars being delivered around the world is it not a bit insulting that Jaguar won't publish exact production and delivery dates. They know exactly what they are they just don't want to tell us.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I agree that such a large organisation as this should be able to give a clearer date to delivery of vehicles especially given the information being dropped in from other forums and the like. Jaguar needs to think very carefully this strategy they appear to be using, what started out as dangaling the carrot and then being cautious... Could all to soon start to look like arrogance towards the first UK customers both FE and first production variants, followed swiftly by accusations of incompetence. Like many others on this forum I have been lucky enough to order and own many new cars, however I have never had so little information, communication or... trying to think of a word not to harsh!!! But anyway.. like a broken record... You wouldn't get this from Lexus, Audi and strangely from sister company RR. If people are getting frustrated and risking orders both current and future!...then someone is clearly not doing their job correctly.Come on Jag you know how impotent this car is and more importantly so do we,

·
Registered
56 Posts
My point is they CAN give you dates today (production is in full flow and they know dealer allocations and the exact dates all of the U.K. Cars will be produced) but they have chosen not to. This is purely for their own benefit and not ours as customers. The only risk is there is some sort of 'issue' later on in production (e.g. Supplier fails to deliver seats) that causes a delay and hence loss of face.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love4Life said:
My point is they CAN give you dates today (production is in full flow and they know dealer allocations and the exact dates all of the U.K. Cars will be produced) but they have chosen not to. This is purely for their own benefit and not ours as customers. The only risk is there is some sort of 'issue' later on in production (e.g. Supplier fails to deliver seats) that causes a delay and hence loss of face.
I'm sure most of us would accept an approximate date with the proviso that there maybe some delay for what ever reason. The silence is deafening. The date on my order form is late May and I only ordered in Jan (for an r-sport). Not a hope. Looks as if it may be worth the wait though!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
tedsdad said:
Love4Life said:
I'm sure most of us would accept an approximate date with the proviso that there maybe some delay for what ever reason. The silence is deafening. The date on my order form is late May and I only ordered in Jan (for an r-sport). Not a hope. Looks as if it may be worth the wait though!!!
What my dealer told me is that the 2.0D will obviously be the most popular so those that have ordered 3.0 models will probably get theirs sooner.

·
Registered
948 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts