Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could you please tell me what date the new colours will be cofirmed for production.I am along with some other forum members very keen to know if casium blue or another blue is to be made available to the F pace as the wife is now thinking of potentially purchasing this model in the near future Apr 17?
I have asked dealer who said that they don't know as it is up to Jaguar to provide information for them to relay!
I realise this was a limited first edition colour but I do believe Jaguar are missing out on sales because of a limited range of 1 blue.
Regards,

·
Registered
161 Posts
If they add Caldera Red I will not be happy! :cry: :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jags cat said:
Hi could you please tell me what date the new colours will be cofirmed for production.I am along with some other forum members very keen to know if casium blue or another blue is to be made available to the F pace as the wife is now thinking of potentially purchasing this model in the near future Apr 17?
I have asked dealer who said that they don't know as it is up to Jaguar to provide information for them to relay!
I realise this was a limited first edition colour but I do believe Jaguar are missing out on sales because of a limited range of 1 blue.
Regards,
Good afternoon Jags cat,

Thank you for your post.

Please be assured that I will be liaising with the Product Team in order to gain some further clarification. I will be in contact once I am aware of further information.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Jags cat said:
Regards,
Casium Blue will not be in the new colour range, it was a exclusive colour for the first 200 1st Edition Fpaces, if Jaguar were to bring it out there would be 200 1st edition customers asking for some money back as it was sold as an exclusive colour.

They may be another blue but i would say 100% it will not be the 1st edition blue as Jaguar would know they would have issues.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Do us storm greyers get grouped together with those rapscallion ammonite crew?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know many manufactuers that have launched limited edition colours, only after a period of time to release it as an option.... then as a standard colour. I had a celurian blue limited edition Saab 93 convertible when they first came out. Only to find 18 months later they made it a standard colour. It was the interior and other features that still kept it exclusive and think the same will happen with the FE F pace. They would rather dissapoint 200 owners... Who after a while will no longer own them anyway... than loose potential sales in the 1000s in that colour... (simple business calculation) Caesium has been offered on the XE for a few months and from my understanding is now a very popular choice because they also withdrew the equally popular blue fire at the same time.
Jag themselves had a blue colour exclusive to the XF-R (not the really bright XF-RS) only for that to be put on a number of runout XF - R sports.
Mrs Jags cat would buy the upcoming XF sportbrake or E pace if available in casium or an equally stunning blue colour over the F pace if not offered in that colour.....
She usually gets wants she wants :? ....like most women I guess!!! :eek: :shock: :lol:
Unfortunately... until Jaguar have a system like Audi exclusive, where you can specify any colour for 2000-2500 quid. I did this on an A5 convertible...as I wanted the sprint blue of the S variant...but didn't need 300 + horsepower to drive 5.1 miles to work!
People like choice and if they can make extra money out of it, again... :geek: it's a no brainer for the accountants that really run the show these companies.
Guess time will tell... as always :roll:
And yes you storm grey troopers are in with us too!! Grey is grey....There are apparently 50 shades of us greys out there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
^ :lol: :lol:

Us stormers can just think of ourselves as the brooding older sibling of the younger ammonites being dropped off to their club

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Jags cat said:
I know many manufactuers that have launched limited edition colours, only after a period of time to release it as an option.... then as a standard colour. I had a celurian blue limited edition Saab 93 convertible when they first came out. Only to find 18 months later they made it a standard colour. It was the interior and other features that still kept it exclusive and think the same will happen with the FE F pace. They would rather dissapoint 200 owners... Who after a while will no longer own them anyway... than loose potential sales in the 1000s in that colour... (simple business calculation) Caesium has been offered on the XE for a few months and from my understanding is now a very popular choice because they also withdrew the equally popular blue fire at the same time.
Jag themselves had a blue colour exclusive to the XF-R (not the really bright XF-RS) only for that to be put on a number of runout XF - R sports.
Mrs Jags cat would buy the upcoming XF sportbrake or E pace if available in casium or an equally stunning blue colour over the F pace if not offered in that colour.....
She usually gets wants she wants :? ....like most women I guess!!! :eek: :shock: :lol:
Unfortunately... until Jaguar have a system like Audi exclusive, where you can specify any colour for 2000-2500 quid. I did this on an A5 convertible...as I wanted the sprint blue of the S variant...but didn't need 300 + horsepower to drive 5.1 miles to work!
People like choice and if they can make extra money out of it, again... :geek: it's a no brainer for the accountants that really run the show these companies.
Guess time will tell... as always :roll:
And yes you storm grey troopers are in with us too!! Grey is grey....There are apparently 50 shades of us greys out there... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe but trust me i would be first in the Que to get my money back as it was sold with paperwork stating its an exclusive colour for the first 200 1st edition, one of the reasons i brought the car was the colour, i was told at the time by a Jaguar senior executive that the colour will not be available outside the 1st editions on the Fpace ever again, i had a choice, get the colour with a 3 litre diesel or get the 3 litre petrol without the colour, i choice the diesel as i liked the colour so much, if that was to change i for one would take issue with Jaguar over this as i wanted the colour with a 3 litre petrol engine.

As i have paperwork to prove this it would not be a easy thing for Jaguar to deny or wrangle out of.

I would be expecting a brand new 3 litre petrol in the Casium blue colour with all the spec i wanted and a cash payback to me for me to accept the colour is now available to the whole Fpace range.

May sound petty but i paid for something i was told was only going to be available on the 1st edition.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand and agree with you, as I know I would feel the same up to a point, however promises and that paperwork aside... they are going to want to make as much out of it as possible... and they haven't got a fantastic record for keeping promises of late either.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Jags cat said:
I understand and agree with you, as I know I would feel the same up to a point, however promises and that paperwork aside... they are going to want to make as much out of it as possible... and they haven't got a fantastic record for keeping promises of late either.
Well they will soon know if they back track on a written contract.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was exclusive for the 200 first editions.
Now that the first editions are sold I would think Jaguar will do what they want as anything they sell now can't be a first edition. If demand is high enough they'll sell a car in that colour.
And you believe what a senior executive says?? :roll:

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Nastro azzurro said:
It was exclusive for the 200 first editions.
Now that the first editions are sold I would think Jaguar will do what they want as anything they sell now can't be a first edition. If demand is high enough they'll sell a car in that colour.
And you believe what a senior executive says?? :roll:
Got it in writing also. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
What have you got in writing?
I know it's annoying but wise up ffs. TATA group verses a little man on the street. I know who I'd bet on and really, if they did release the colour would you be prepared to fight it? It'd cost you a lot more than you're car is worth and in reality the case would last longer than your ownership of the car.
Go down the pub; you need t,o get out more!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Nastro azzurro said:
What have you got in writing?
I know it's annoying but wise up ffs. TATA group verses a little man on the street. I know who I'd bet on and really, if they did release the colour would you be prepared to fight it? It'd cost you a lot more than you're car is worth and in reality the case would last longer than your ownership of the car.
Go down the pub; you need t,o get out more!
Did we not just get kicked on Brexit by one little Lady. ;)

I would not need to win or loose just the publicity alone would do enough damage to the Jaguar brand.

Small thinking means small mind :idea:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Going slightly off topic but yes new colours highly likely

Did you get it in writing from who ? Dealer - did they get it in writing from jaguar direct ? If they did then your sort of covered but also they can do what they want really and deal with a few unhappy people - let's face it how many Joe publics would give a stuff if jag renaged on a colour :)

Now saying all this easy way is have a new colour so very very similar to caesium blue called azure sparkly blue - done no case to answer and most people will be very happy with the "new" colour

Happens all the time and sure I read somewhere about it initially not been on the fpace

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.