Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New black FE arrived yesterday. No SatNav, apparently missed by dealership at PDI! Also when I have tried to register the Incontrol features I am getting a message saying the car has already been registered to another account.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a real worry and a question that I will put to the dealership later. I wonder if it might be an idea to set up a thread where members/ ex-members could give the VIN of cars that they have rejected.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Sorry but its a lovely car but no Sat Nav after you ordered it, I would not have taken the car, sorry I know its a hard decision to say no and wait but I would rather that then have a car missing something important like Sat Nav.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
My car has the vanilla ICT, rather than ICTPro, but I assume the SatNav works via the dedicated SD card in the 'nav' slot, like on mine. Have you checked to see if it is present in the slot in the car's armrest cubby? If so, it may not have been properly assigned to the specific vehicle. If they missed this at PDI, then it makes me wonder if they bothered to check other essentials, like fluid levels, etc.

Just out of interest, what was the mileage reading on your car when you picked it up? If it was higher than you would normally expect then that might lend credence to the vehicle having been previously rejected by another customer. Just a thought.

Hope you get it all sorted out anyway. It is simply unforgivable that these things keep happening to customers paying so much for these cars. Think I would be looking for something more than an £80 case of wine by way of smoothing this over. Good luck, keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
453 Posts
catwoman said:
My car has the vanilla ICT, rather than ICTPro, but I assume the SatNav works via the dedicated SD card in the 'nav' slot, like on mine. Have you checked to see if it is present in the slot in the car's armrest cubby? If so, it may not have been properly assigned to the specific vehicle. If they missed this at PDI, then it makes me wonder if they bothered to check other essentials, like fluid levels, etc.

Just out of interest, what was the mileage reading on your car when you picked it up? If it was higher than you would normally expect then that might lend credence to the vehicle having been previously rejected by another customer. Just a thought.

Hope you get it all sorted out anyway. It is simply unforgivable that these things keep happening to customers paying so much for these cars. Think I would be looking for something more than an £80 case of wine by way of smoothing this over. Good luck, keep us in the loop.
The ICTP pro doesn't have an SD slot for the nav maps its held on the hard drive, i believe the hard drive on the ICTP is slightly bigger than on the ICT version, maps have to be uploaded via the USB slot, when i picked my car up the Navigation system was inactive initially due to needing the maps to be uploaded to the vehicle, i had to go back the following day for them to upload the updated sat nav maps then the system became active.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Newtojag said:
The car had 9 miles on the clock when it left the dealership. The garage has confirmed that the Satnav can only be loaded by USB and they are collecting it today.
Yest that was same with mine the car turned up minus the updated sat nav took the garage 7 hours to download the file, or so they said.

Basically the ICTP is a computer with a sat nav program running on it much like smart phones or tablets, i think like my vehicle the had omitted to install the program at the factory.

All the other fancy gizmos some of us have like surround cameras, sensors, heated seats, configurable lighting and much more are all controlled by the ICTP and are sub programs installed on to the ICTP in much the same way, probably why so many bugs and glitches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That happened with mine too. At handover on Saturday the dealer pressed the nav button and to his shock a message came up with no maps loaded. They tried to load them on Monday and failed so kept her in overnight and went out and bought a new memory stick to download the maps to and from and this seemed to work. I was given a 3.0d sport f-pace demonstrator overnight so didn't mind. Interested to note that their demonstrator with 3k miles on had a creaking rear suspension- not a good ad for Jaguar.!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Topcat said:
That happened with mine too. At handover on Saturday the dealer pressed the nav button and to his shock a message came up with no maps loaded. They tried to load them on Monday and failed so kept her in overnight and went out and bought a new memory stick to download the maps to and from and this seemed to work. I was given a 3.0d sport f-pace demonstrator overnight so didn't mind. Interested to note that their demonstrator with 3k miles on had a creaking rear suspension- not a good ad for Jaguar.!
What did you think of the 3 litre diesel against your 3 litre petrol?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The exhaust note from the diesel was positively dull compared to the head turning growl of the supercharged petrol. In the petrol pedestrians turn to stare having heard the tuned roar 50 yards before I get to them. Having access to both over such a short period of time helped to confirm that I had made the right choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems that dealership had registered the car in the name of the finance company. Now sorted. SatNav also sorted after 70 mile round trip to Guildford (local garage was too busy. It took 10 minutes to fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.