Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, interested in a 3.0 S diesel. Currently in Audi A6 3.0Tdi Quattro. Want some pace, comfort, luxury kit, especially tech inside, also want to fit golf bag and trolley in boot. Have two kids, 8 and 6. F Pace seem to fit the bill. Dealer has allocation for July delivery.

However, a bit anxious about residuals and reliability. Also considering Macan S or awaiting new Q5. Macan obviously tighter on space in back and boot but can spec it pretty close for similar money. Dealer also has July delivery.

Any thoughts or advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn't worry about reliability, my last Jaguar was faultless, unlike some German marques I've owned. Residuals are an unknown quantity, no one knows how long waiting lists will be or if Jagaur will start discounting. I'm guessing they will be above average. It's even more difficult to predict than it used to be as diesel was always better for residuals, the fact you can get a Macan for July tells a story as not long ago they had a 12 month + waiting list, this has transferred over to the petrol cars as more people are steering away from diesel. I'd love a Petrol F-Pace and if I was feeling brave I'd order one, as it is I'll probably wait a year and stick with the Macan I have on order.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had a good few Jaguars over the last 6 years and never had a reliability issue, well actually I've never had a warranty issue either. Unlike my current car Audi A7.

Jaguar do very well in the JD Power customer surveys each year.

Residuals are not concerning me, Jaguars only sold saloons or sports cars in the past and all manuafactures that sell that type of car have poor residual values with a few exceptions but jaguar have these also ... E-Type for example.

Jaguar finance are already offering a 50% return (GFV) after 3 years on a PCP so they know it's going to be better than that, Porsche also offer a 50% GFV after 3 years on the Macan S diesel.

I would not be surprised to see a 65-75% return on the F-Pace over the first 3 years of production. JLR currently can't ramp up production massively due to production capacity and engine supply issues so I don't expect oversupply where dealers need to discount to sell on stock.

The 4x4 market is massive and growing quickly so I don't see any reason why the F-Pace will not be successful.

For one thing I have never seen a Jaguar forum so active before a model is even released, The US market will love the F-Pace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts